Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreston View Post

3) The ability to exchange OSB for newly issued R$ does not exclude anyone from gaining R$ by trading. For example, in real-life, I am unable to receive new issues of USD directly from the Federal Reserve, however, I can still apply my efforts in the market to get paid USD for my goods or services. On a slightly unrelated note, it appears that new players are having difficulty finding OSB of any quality while scavenging, and with my system, all transactions where a new player gets paid in R$ brings them closer to being able to cash in their R$ for a VHQ OSB should they choose to do so.
    I'm sure you know this already because you are well educated on the issue, but the fed only issues physical currency (which is still debt currency) and only to its member banks. The member banks (and other banks around the world) create 95% of the currency supply. The only way the supply of dollars can increase via a regular person, is bank loans, credit cards, etc.

Not that this has anything to do with the system in game. The system in game is 100x better (no loans and no fractional reserve), once the trust issue is resolved. In real life, the currency gets its value from the borrowers promise to repay it (which means the value really is non existent), and also because it is legal tender (if its good for taxes its usually good for almost anything)
    Last edited by NorCalGooey; 12-29-2012 at 05:25 AM.