Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreston View Post
    Yep, I am aware, however I'm not sure why you mentioned it. All I said was that in real-life I can't get new issues of USD from the Federal Reserve, which is true. I was not implying that this is the only process by which new USD is created, although even if I were to say that, its still true that without currency issue to the member banks from the Federal Reserve the member banks cannot engage in credit expansion, since they would not have a reserve to fractionalize (besides receiving a deposit from a new account holder at the bank, but that money would have to come at least indirectly from the same process).

I don't really want to discuss real-life currency or the banking system in this thread anyway, so this will be the last time I respond to it.
    I know you weren't implying its the only way to create USD. That's why I said "I think you know this already"

That's not quite true. Banks can get their deposits from anyone. Doesn't have to be physical currency, they can fractionalize any USD on deposit, no matter if it was physical or credit creation (you know this i know). A single $1000 deposit can create almost $100k in fresh currency, if every single dollar created is deposited and fractionalized again and again.

That was the first time you responded to this so I don't see what you mean.

Also I was responding to your real life example.

So don't get upset with me!

Anyway, just stating once again for everyone that I have used R$ successfully and have full trust in Reginald. I just think if a few more people were to back his system (active xsyon players), it would really help to facilitate exchanges.

It's understandable that people will want exchanges while you are offline. Hopefully the trade totems resolves that issue.
    Last edited by NorCalGooey; 01-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.