Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Architecture - broken or not?

I could have posted this on the weekly questions part, but the question is a bit too long and requires some elaboration.

Background
    After seeing all these posts about people not learning as many recipes in architecture as they would like I came to think about my own experiences from it after May 2012. I checked my spreadsheets and could verify that no character started after 2012 had a lot of recipes. The best stat was held by my "jack-of-all-trades" with 32 recipes at level 92. Some of those were learned from paper though. Hardly scientific stuff.

I decided to start out fresh with a new character. I created Shiela and gave her 90 INT/SPI which are supposed to be primary and secondary stats for Architecture. My first question was in what way, except for the maximum number of recipes you can learn, they affect architecture, my only hope was that they somehow was connected to in what rate you pick up new recipes. While grinding it I kept tabs on new recipes. What I found is on parity with other players experiences.

The way I did it was to just build the same type of post all the time. I had a large supply of materials lying in a basket and started out. I noticed the difference in quality of the long posts mattered when it came to how many times I could re-use the same post when dismantling. The number of re-uses never changed while the architecture skill increased. Perhaps its tied to another skill (woodworking) or no skill at all.

Quality Re-uses
    Junk-Low 1
    Moderate-High 2
    Very High 3

I forgot to record the number of uses for the skill the first 70 levels, that's why it appear at level 70. Will perhaps continue to level past 80 but not sure I can motivate myself to do it...

Level New Total Uses
    5-10 10 13
    11-20 2 15
    21-30 1 16
    31-40 1 17
    41-50 0 17
    51-60 0 17
    61-70 0 17 577
    71-75 0 17 668
    76-80 1 18 776

Conclusion
    Not sure what to say about the results so far more than it is a huge difference between skills when it comes to the ratio of learning new recipes. Tailoring/Toolcraft/Weaponcraft/Leatherworking/Bonecraft are all very easy to pick up new recipes. Tailoring is exceptionally easy where you very fast hit the maximum number of recipes.

If the design is like this and intentional than I'm very curious as to why specifically architecture was chosen?
    Last edited by Azzym; 01-03-2013 at 09:50 AM.