Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Why won't it be used, because you and half a dozen other players say don't like the fact nails are not going to be used?

I'm sorry, but there are more people in Xsyon other than those you see voicing every thought that crosses their mind in global.

Amazing how everyone is an expert though...

Trevor why not leave the option for nails or whatever they had before there? What's the point of removing them?

Dollar bills and other currency is one of the worst one's I can think of in Xsyon to use as a currency. There is no out go for it. Unlike other things like Nails, Screws, Bolts etc they are used in crafting and have a basic use.

The reason they are removing nails is due to the crafting issues and Quality factor in it. Its too hard to code a totem that takes all this into account.

My problem is, why would anyone sell for dollars? You are making a fake market and the price of a dollar is going to do nothing but go UP and UP and UP over time as there is no out go.

I've said this before you need basic mats to have basic out go. Totem keep would solve this issue.
    Why was nails so common as currency? They had a major outgo and a use to them. (Weapon crafting, building, etc)

I don't care what item is the currency, I care about inflation of the currency that is allowed in the game. It would be the same as allowing people to pick up 100000 dollars per scav at a time. It would mess up the economy.

Anyways, Trevor you can pick on the few people voicing their opinions, but Xsyon only has a few people playing it. Stop attacking the person and focus on the topic.

Interesting discusion. The idea of using dollar bills as the currencey at trade totems would have worked great if it were introduced on day one. And it could still work if there was a sink for those bills in game.. As mentioned above, totem upkeep has been brought up before and could serve that role. Either way, the departure from nails as the established currency would be a difficult transition. I hate to think of the hundreds of thousand dollars I thew back on the junkpile.

I do not recall attacking anyone MrDDT, so please check over things before you address me in the future.

Thanks.

Dear Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Why won't it be used, because you and half a dozen other players say don't like the fact nails are not going to be used?

I'm sorry, but there are more people in Xsyon other than those you see voicing every thought that crosses their mind in global.

Amazing how everyone is an expert though...
    This seems very offensive from my point of view, and we are just stating our oppinion, it that so bad?

I wont interfere with your oppinion if you stated one. We are just trying to give input, as asked for. So please let people answer the questions asked or state their oppinion as they please.

Enough of that lets get back on track:P

The upkeep of the totems might help a little, but it needs daily regulation to avoid inflation anyway so dont think the upkeep will do it alone. When the currency have no value alone it will be very hard to regulate the flow in and out of the game.

Nails are not used on the new Trade option on totems ?

I can see how established players wont be happy with this as they already have 1000s of nails
    wont be able to dominate the market.

Where as new players have nothing - I'm guessing the reason why nails arent used is to prevent established
    players immmediately pricing out noobs by setting prices to high.

using "new currencies" will be like a blank slate give everyone new players included a fair start.

Of course the barter system is still there - players can still barter as they have before with nails, osb's or whatever.

[EDIT]
    BUT I actually agree with alexandraepureanu's post on page 1 ie any currency

BUT If its truly a Trade option, then you should be able to trade for anything for example

IE : I want to sell a Architecture Blueprint in return for a WainWright blueprint.

Being able to place this on the totem instead of endless spamming chat is better plus its on sale 24/7
    rather then just when im online.
    Last edited by cerveau; 01-26-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerveau View Post
    Nails are not used on the new Trade option on totems ?

I can see how established players wont be happy with this as they already have 1000s of nails
    wont be able to dominate the market.

Where as new players have nothing - I'm guessing the reason why nails arent used is to prevent established
    players immmediately pricing out noobs by setting prices to high.

using "new currencies" will be like a blank slate give everyone new players included a fair start.

Of course the barter system is still there - players can still barter as they have before with nails, osb's or whatever.
    This has nothing to do with it, as I wouldnt doubt that many large tribes and other old players have lots of dollars also. I know I have 100k+ of them. Heck I think just slightly less than I have other currency like bolts, nails, screws etc. Those get used over time, dollars keep stacking up. I have stacks of 10k of them at least 10 to 20 stacks of them.

I know what the issue is, nails, screws, bolts (the other currency items being removed) all had factors for crafting based on quality. In the trade totem currency has no quality and it would convert everything to supreme. Only items that are not used in crafting, had any issues with this. See the issue now? I could convert my old mats into supreme and craft with them using the trade totem. Dollars/pennies etc no one cares what quality they are as they have no use, which is based on quality.

Another factor to note about this, is the change from listing these items as a currency then up and changing it on players. This isnt a big factor to me, but its pretty clear to everyone who plays or played Xsyon. Nails was the biggest currency used ever, and is still being used.

yes, nails will continue to be used as currency....no doubt...but not on totems it seems, so its a feature that may not be utilized much.

I think we went over a lot of this during the last tribal council on the test server when we ran through and tested everything. A lot of good points were brought up, most that I see being said over and over. I or someone else mentioned exchanges for valuing the currency against an in game item, 1k currency for 100 nails or even less. It all depends on what the value should be but then currency has a value and can be used by all and exchanged for that holy item you all call nails. All you would need to do then is price everything out based on the current exchange rates, simple as that.

These exchanges can be done by the players them selves as some like reginald have done and others already "They use OSB". I think players would go to the person who has the best exchange rates and you all could fight over that on another topic. As in real life, we back our currency with gold, so all that is needed is to back it with OSB, nails, or screws or any really, as you can easily setup the exchanges.

There will be a sink for currency and there will be controlled amounts of currency when the system is done. There will not be unlimited amounts of currencies as some of you are imagining. The system is not completed.

The reason nails and screws were removed from the currency list is because of the quality and more importantly, different materials.

Quest totems can still be used to exchange or barter one specific item for another specific item.

The Test Server is down for now while I continue working on the system. Thanks for the feedback so far!

How are dollars, pennies etc going to be backed in game? This a player regulated thing only?