Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Yes, buttons are required in a number of tailoring items.

I dont like posting in forums but this topic is one i really want to voice my opinion on.

1) I believe removing what the community has basically chose as the most common form of currency (nails) as a currency option is a horrible idea for various reasons.
    a) community already chose nails as the best option, community already has general ideas of selling price range on everything in reference to nails, they did this because it was best choice due to drop rates and usages of such balanced out more than any other choices. A great feature is being added to the game but using dollars/quarters/pennies/bottlecaps etc as the only choices for currency will only result in the great feature basically being useless and not used by the majority of players, i want to use it but i wont, because i know when i want to buy something, its gonna have to be the same way as always, in global chat and seller is going to want nails in majority of situations, so of course that's what i want to sell my products for and wont be able to do so at the trade totem, not to mention that i want nails because i actually have a need for them for construction, various grinding etc. Even if someone spent tons of time trying to come up with some sort of standard price range for dollars/bottlecaps by time they did, values would have already changed dramtically due to more and more being collected every day and they dont leave the game, so todays price would be 10k dollars for a stack of grass twine, in 6 weeks price would be up to 50k, in 6 months 250k, it would be ridiculous with no end in sight. And having only currencies that have only a incoming flow (from scavenging) and no outgoing flow (from game) is that much worse when its being tosseed around to have 5 or 6 items of the same concept to be only forms of currency for trade totems.

1) I do not agree with a centralized marketplace unless the sellers have to haul the products there and set them up for sale, with the risk of getting jumped/looted on the way and only the actual market place space would be "safe" like our tribe lands are. I can only assume others agree, but one of the things that make this game great is that it isnt made to be "easy" to play and instant gratification like all the other games have become in order to appeal to the masses, here in Xyson when u accomplish something, it actually means something because you worked your ass off to accomplish it Game is a apocalypse setting and is about survival, a centralized marketplace just wouldnt make sense so that players can easily do one stop shopping/price comparisons etc etc. setting up basically a mall to go shopping at? bleh..

I could go on and on of how bad a idea i believe it is regarding the currency options for trade totems, but will shut up now and hope i at least made some kind of valid points. Trade Totems - Awesome Feature, discussed options for currency on trade totem completely negates it, so end result "nothing" is accomplished and time would have been better spent waiting for / developing a different feature. (or fixing/polishing the existing product instead of concentrating on new features, buts thats a whole other topic but since i said it, one quick sentence on topic. New features may appease a small group of pre-existing players, but fixing/polishing existing product will increase player retention of the incoming player base in much greater numbers.)

Edit: I am making a assumption here, but if nails were removed due to he complications of metal types/qualities, then how about just strip down nails used for payment to a basic "nail", since bulk of nail usage is on construction and grinding, wouldn't be a big problem.
    Last edited by OrlandoKev; 01-25-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoKev View Post
    I dont like posting in forums but this topic is one i really want to voice my opinion on.

1) I do not agree with a centralized marketplace unless the sellers have to haul the products there and set them up for sale, with the risk of getting jumped/looted on the way and only the actual market place space would be "safe" like our tribe lands are. I can only assume others agree, but one of the things that make this game great is that it isnt made to be "easy" to play and instant gratification like all the other games have become in order to appeal to the masses, here in Xyson when u accomplish something, it actually means something because you worked your ass off to accomplish it Game is a apocalypse setting and is about survival, a centralized marketplace just wouldnt make sense so that players can easily do one stop shopping/price comparisons etc etc. setting up basically a mall to go shopping at? bleh..
    I do not agree to this. Since the beginning man have been trading on all levels. To ease trades its natural it centralizes. You bring your surplus goods to a market and try to trade/sell it in favor of what you can't produce yourself. In a game like this, with the low population it has, it is really not a possible solution. Players are spread across all continents and can't all be on that market at the same time so a "mall" like solution might be what is needed to get the trade going. I would support a system where you can browse/negotiate the prices and items for sale centrally instead of trying to find all the tribes and their trade totems by running around the world.

New features may appease a small group of pre-existing players, but fixing/polishing existing product will increase player retention of the incoming player base in much greater numbers.)
    New features do not only appease pre-existing players. Many new players usually start out asking if ranged combat is in the game? Hmm, what about cooking? Can you re-plant grass? And so on. However I do agree with you it is really important that the current game build is as polished and flawless as it possibly can be. To me that is not the case, Im still plagued by the same texture bugs and unexplainable logon problems I've had for the last 8-9 months or even longer. Adding a trade system where Im forced to run around alot will only increase the number of occasions my client crashes. I have been looking forward to the cooking skill for a year and had to drop the expectations to ever see it. I settled on the new crafting patch and started subbing aging in sept/oct when it looked like it was around the corner. I have once again cancelled my subs in january after it looks like not even that one will make it to the live server. If the game had been less buggy to me I could have awaited more content while playing but not as it is right now.

Edit: I am making a assumption here, but if nails were removed due to he complications of metal types/qualities, then how about just strip down nails used for payment to a basic "nail", since bulk of nail usage is on construction and grinding, wouldn't be a big problem.
    I agree, removing nails is not a good decision. They barely make it as a currency today, replacing them with dollar bills, coins or something else that isn't drained out of the system is not going to solve anything - only make it worse. Unless, ofc, a drain for the proposed currency is also introduced at the same time. Totem upkeep paid in dollar bills would work. Can always claim its a sacrifice to tribe spirits or whatever...
    Last edited by Azzym; 01-26-2013 at 12:46 AM.

It's my opinion that any feature forced on a sandbox game community is an act of removing sand from the box.

Xsyon - when it comes to community - is a simulation, and what needs improvement or implementation should be obvious by observing the community. If this is not obvious, then either the community is too diverse in opinion to give enough attention to propper issues, or the observer is clouded by their own ideas and interests.

By removing nails as a currency option from trade totems, you'd physically force a value on things. Imo, the choice to give value should lie only with the community of paying members, whom makes the day-to-day living in Xsyon.
    If anything, more than 1 currency should be allowed to be used as payment at any trade totem, like nails for this, screws for that, and 1 fish for that stack of granite I need (ofcourse, most of the community would stick to a currency they recognize).

(Simply put: I wish for nails to stay as a currency option for trade totems).
    Last edited by RosenBlod; 01-26-2013 at 02:21 AM.

I think this is getting a blown a bit out of proportion. I say make the currency on the trade totems whatever you like, I don't have any shortage of any item in the game, and anything I need I can find or trade with or without trade totems. It's my guess that the people doing all the complaining are ones sitting on a big pile of nails with nothing to do, terrified of losing their 'fortune'. This game doesn't even need currency IMO, it only helps hoarders who aren't even playing the game anyway. Don't be so afraid of change, just go with it :P

Am i the only one who would love to see someone within the Xsyon dev team to make a statement about this soon or even just a comment?. The discussion about the currency changes have been going on for a couple of weeks now. Starting with the tribe leader counsil right after newyears. And still noone have taken the time to answer anything! We keep stating our oppinion on the subject, but it seems to me that we are talking before deaf ears or!? So many daily users (including veterans of the game) have clearly states there oppinion and yet there is no response.

I personally cannot see what all the fuss is over either (like Trihnket).

I don't think any of us are being forced to do things one way or another. Players can keep on trading between themselves with their precious nails. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Trevor the big deal is, that the dev team has put alot of efford and time into making a trade totem that is a good idea, but as it is now it wont be used. Resulting in a lot of wasted time that could have been spent on things that matters. But if the trade totem is just implemented in the game, with the option of using the current currencies it would be a good asset to the game instead of wasted time from devs.

Unless theres is a usefull effective solution to the inflation problem, the current ingame commerce should not be tempered with!

Why won't it be used, because you and half a dozen other players say don't like the fact nails are not going to be used?

I'm sorry, but there are more people in Xsyon other than those you see voicing every thought that crosses their mind in global.

Amazing how everyone is an expert though...

If you have any kind of idea how an economy works you will see that dollar bills and beertabs etc. wont work as currency. Unless they also change the fact that these materials do not leave the game ever.