Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Nails were chosen for few reasons:
    1: Light in weight and useed in many things.

In real life you can't carry 10,000 nails on your back, first weight and then size.
    This is the real problem not using dollars as currency in Xsyon.
    Change nails to have more weight, then see if that is going to make nails as currency.

Nails should be = to iron weight.
    For example:
    One kilo of iron to make 50 nails.
    50 nails = 800 milligrams when crafted.
    Last edited by znaiika; 01-27-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    There will be a sink for currency and there will be controlled amounts of currency when the system is done. There will not be unlimited amounts of currencies as some of you are imagining. The system is not completed.

The reason nails and screws were removed from the currency list is because of the quality and more importantly, different materials.

Quest totems can still be used to exchange or barter one specific item for another specific item.
    I don't think it has anything to do with weight as you can see with Xsyon's post above. He also said there will be a sink for currency and controlled amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    He also said there will be a sink for currency and controlled amounts.
    "Will be"....does not fit the now.....there "will be" archery which will make arrows have value, but not now...there "will be" crops making seeds have a value, but not now..there "will be" alot of things that havent yet materialized.......we can't perform monetary exchanges on what "Will Be"..

I've been waiting on what will be for a long time.
    Last edited by Deacon; 01-28-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Thank you Xsyon for acknowledging the potential issues that we expressed concern about. Look forward to seeing the solutions you come up with.

Another Solution to community market place is something I mentioned 6 plus months ago in another post...
    http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1621#note6606

A Postman to deliver goods, why not do this, it would create the Drain JORDI wants, everything delivered by the postman has a fee like mentioned in the post..

Player visits Community Market or world Auction house, Xsyon charge an 5 or 10% rake on whatever the currency is on th item.

and/or

The Auction House / Market place gives them a Zone and Position of the Items and they can go it themselves to save the rake...

This would not only would Create a Drain, but a reason to travel and experience the xsyon world....

Do not Create a reason for people to be Griefed by players by having to drag there crap ina wagon to founders isle.

Innovate, bring some ease to a world economy.
    Last edited by lordadamar; 02-02-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
    Do not Create a reason for people to be Griefed by players by having to drag there crap ina wagon to founders isle.
    Its a pvp game with full looting, how in the heck is that griefing, this is supposed to be a survival game, its not supposed to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoKev View Post
    Its a pvp game with full looting, how in the heck is that griefing, this is supposed to be a survival game, its not supposed to be easy.
    EVE online has a system much like Xsyon's idea with totems, and it's economy is one of the best ones in all games. Not saying that's the only factor to economy but I would love to see it. I agree its not greifing it creates a dynamic economy system with traders, protection, movers and bandits.
    Local markets start to form, with goods in the area, and other things like outposts and even protection running clans. This is one of my dreams for this game is when economy gets strong enough to see these types of things start to form.

Please We/I dont want W.O.W. style for the marketplace. I personally dont want to open a window and see where all the items are in the world. If you want to trade, you need to travel there.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Please We/I dont want W.O.W. style for the marketplace. I personally dont want to open a window and see where all the items are in the world. If you want to trade, you need to travel there.
    You would still have to travel, just you would be able to see where the items are. Like EVE does.

Right EVE is not Xsyon, and EVE have spaceships with computers, this is
    apocalyptic time, and xsyon dont have any electronic system in game yet, so ya!!!

Unless you can have an altar to gods, and one of the god can deliver information to the marketplace, then ya. that would be cool
    Last edited by joexxxz; 02-06-2013 at 06:27 AM.