Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions For The Developers 01/13/2013 - 03/05/2013

Please post your Questions For The Developer here.

Please do not post questions regarding estimated release dates for features or changes. Our In Development schedule is posted here and will change as our plans changes. Features will be released when they are ready.

Sarcastic or derogatory comments veiled as questions will not be answered.
    Last edited by Xsyon; 03-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Questions For The Developers 01/13/2013 --->

I know people probably cry all the time about paying monthly, etc. But I really think that having to buy the game AND doing monthly is really hurting your community. My friend and I played this game for quite a while when we started, then we realized that the 'free to play' model is more like a trial so we considered paying to play. If we had just had to pay the $9.99 odds are we would have done it just to see how it was and play for a month and decide. Instead we have to hurdle a $30 charge ($20 if you take out the 'free' month) and odds are neither of us are going to do it. I'd love to play this game and I don't mind $9.99 a month, the game is fun and I know people need to eat, but is $20 extra worth losing potentially over $100 a year?

Obviously it's your game and you do what you like, but if you ever decide to take down that hurdle let me know and we'll be the first to sign up for a month of gaming glory!

hello,

I'm new and I have the biggest hopes in this game.
    I really want to get into it deeply and stay for long if it turns out to be at least half as good as it looks by now.

but there is this one thing which annoyed me from the first second in the game - and still annoys me permanently.

the Field of view is MUCH too narrow and there is no way to change this on my side.

it really feels awful for me - like looking through binoculars or wearing blinkers permanently.

is there any hope that this might be changed (soon ?) ?

thank you for your time and keep up the good work.

regards, Roy Bean

I have 2 questions...

1. How does the skill cap act on a trial player? you get it to 30 and can keep levelling it but you don't get anything better than 30 unless you pay? Maybe you get 30 and it jsut keeps track of how much more levels and adds them when you buy the game? I'm not sure but I don't think all the exp you earn is just nullified.

2. What's up with regrowing grass? does grass that got depleted ever grow back? is it only those that have at least 1/4 grass left? This might be affected by the farming update that is coming up, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

thanks for reading and if you do, answering

Hi,

thanks for having me playing the game.

If I leave four skills in a category at 5.0 because I have the luxury of having companions having these maxed, will other skills start decaying at some point or will these four just continue to decay until they are negative and further?

Thanks.

Here are various questions that I gathered from tribal council events:

Would you add decay to the game?
    We need decay on logs, stumps, twigs, and etc etc.

There is a lot of messed up real-estate in game from former players and their tribes, is there any plans on fixing any of this?

Will there be at some point harsher penalties for placing a tribe on top of a scrap pile or disallowing it altogether?

There is a lot of rivers that impede movement around the current map, is there any plans of implementing bridges to resolve that issue with the addition of the trade totems to make travel easier to those supplying a central trade location?

~GuideHael

Care to explain "Totem Upkeep" you posted about in your update?

Would it be feasible, or at all possible for player trading posts? Or will it be forever bound to totems? I like the idea of there even being trade posts, for what it's worth, but it would be nice to have little outposts here and there.

I Have seen several mentions of improving the construction system

1. Does this mean elevation buttons will work?
    2. Does this mean no more giant piles of dirt just to get height..
    3. Will we be able to build, houses like normal people from the ground up, instead of from max height Down...
    4. Will a Truss, beam, post system be put in to make multi-level buildings?
    5. Will we be able to move ghosted items through or into each other to move things around, really hate the Blah blah is in the way.. and sometimes I just want it to meld together not sit next to each other..
    6. Will it ever be changed so that you can Directly place Dirt into a bin thats in a cart, It will not let you, has to be entire basket with dirt in it from your person, it wont let your just place 20 dirt in the bin in the cart? seems odd.

I also saw building Decay, will this be handled with tribe totem and money/mats or will we have to individually maintain each piece...

Will decaying building piece havd a visual indicator, ( like smoldering ), I remember in Shadowbane things smolders and smoked...

Any plans to add hire-able NPC's to aid in tribe maintenance and maybe have them say what they need or the cost of doing what they did... I dont wanna remove all the work from the player but with all the plans to make everything Decay, even base tribes could become overwelming...

What is the ETA on Revisions, I have another project but am thinking I really dont wanna stack 3000 dirt again?
    Last edited by lordadamar; 02-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.

1. What's current status of "PhysX" engine/sofware you were going to integrate ?

2. What happens to totems/tribe lands and structures on subscribed accounts that arent.....upkept?
    Last edited by Deacon; 02-22-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added question