Buy and then pay

I know people probably cry all the time about paying monthly, etc. But I really think that having to buy the game AND doing monthly is really hurting your community. My friend and I played this game for quite a while when we started, then we realized that the 'free to play' model is more like a trial so we considered paying to play. If we had just had to pay the $9.99 odds are we would have done it just to see how it was and play for a month and decide. Instead we have to hurdle a $30 charge ($20 if you take out the 'free' month) and odds are neither of us are going to do it. I'd love to play this game and I don't mind $9.99 a month, the game is fun and I know people need to eat, but is $20 extra worth losing potentially over $100 a year?

Obviously it's your game and you do what you like, but if you ever decide to take down that hurdle let me know and we'll be the first to sign up for a month of gaming glory!

Currently for me school is in session and I have no time to work because I'm helping a neighbor move in and my family is soon fixing up all of the half-assed work my dad did around the house. I get ~$90 a year on holidays and I love Xsyon but I can barely afford 1/2 year of membership. I really do love the game and would without a doubt pay if I could but I do have to save up and like to do what I can for family and friends before myself. If I work 40 hr weeks during summer vacation including time I have to take to walk there and it would interfere with all of the plans I have it's nearly impossible to even have time for Xsyon after that. I know that you deserve every cent you have and it might not seem fair to those that have already payed and have been paying but really I would LOVE to be able to fully play the game. If it was a 1 time fee I would pay it if it's not too much (>$60 is too much) and maybe have a donation system. I'm not saying you have to change it and I'm not protesting or whatever but I don't think at this point it's worth all that work for the little gameplay time I'd have. Thanks for reading and may your adventures be filled with amazing experiences

Quote Originally Posted by todayshero View Post
    I know people probably cry all the time about paying monthly, etc. But I really think that having to buy the game AND doing monthly is really hurting your community. My friend and I played this game for quite a while when we started, then we realized that the 'free to play' model is more like a trial so we considered paying to play. If we had just had to pay the $9.99 odds are we would have done it just to see how it was and play for a month and decide. Instead we have to hurdle a $30 charge ($20 if you take out the 'free' month) and odds are neither of us are going to do it. I'd love to play this game and I don't mind $9.99 a month, the game is fun and I know people need to eat, but is $20 extra worth losing potentially over $100 a year?

Obviously it's your game and you do what you like, but if you ever decide to take down that hurdle let me know and we'll be the first to sign up for a month of gaming glory!
    If you don't want to pay for it why not just do free to play.

The price point can be said at any price. Why not 1$ per month? You should be losing 1000s of people.

I think 30$ and 10$ a month isn't much for a game I like to play. If I play a game more than 5 hours a week, I will buy it. I do this with all games.

Even games with cash shops, I find that if I play it a lot, I will figure I will end up paying about 30$ a month in it, even though its "free2play" I just factor it in.

If the 30$ is really that bad, then just play free2play for 2 months, and bam you right at your suggestion.

OP question moved to the official thread for questions of the week for the devs. http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...-01-13-2013-gt