Why couldnt Xsyon be more like Emberverse and less Native American themed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emberverse

For those who dont know see link above.

The game world doesnt make sense to me, and I think thats part of my greater problem with Xsyon. How can you have the fall of technology, a complete loss of everything modern, and yet people remember how to build structures, tools, and clothing that is not simple in anyway shape or form? When you have weapons like Axes, Clubs, and knives, but no swords or spears? I understand he hasnt got around to making ranged weapons yet, so archery is out for now. But seriously I am to believe that no one has thought to make chainmail, or even a metal breastplate or coat of plates out of scrap metal? But I am to run around in salvaged jean jackets and leather shoulder pads?

Its one of those little things that has been bothering me for a while about the game concept, and I think thats why I couldnt really get into Xsyon.

Sounds like your mad that the game is not base off some books you like. When the game first went live, beta, or what ever you want to call it, It didn't have any of the things you talked about. Well it did have some tools, But from what I remember all we could do is dig holes and pile up dirt. Cut down some trees and pick up grass. Oh and there may have been plastic bats that we could hit each over the head with, But that was about it. But most of the things that you say is bad for the game was the things that the players of that time was calling for, So I guess what I'm saying, Blame the players for making the game what it is and what it's not.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Blame the players for making the game what it is and what it's not.
    This is why I enjoy "assassin's creed 3" hunting at the moment.
    I hate this skill and atribute decay system, I don't understand why I have to use bones for weapons, I mean isn't stainles steel and plastic handle give you better knife then bone knife? why bonus added to quality not to what materials are used? for examle: cloth, bone, plastic and metals, bonus to armor should be based on how hard material is when I use on any armor, I also should be able to choose what material I could add in crafting window, wheather I add metal to increase armor but decrease movement or plastic to make it less heavy less armor but more to movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Sounds like your mad that the game is not base off some books you like. When the game first went live, beta, or what ever you want to call it, It didn't have any of the things you talked about. Well it did have some tools, But from what I remember all we could do is dig holes and pile up dirt. Cut down some trees and pick up grass. Oh and there may have been plastic bats that we could hit each over the head with, But that was about it. But most of the things that you say is bad for the game was the things that the players of that time was calling for, So I guess what I'm saying, Blame the players for making the game what it is and what it's not.
    The sad thing is I am not mad, more comming to a conclusion about what has bothered me about Xsyon since I heard about it several years ago. I didnt bite on the beta bug like so many because I didnt see the point in spending that kind of money for another small indie developer taking on more than they can handle and selling an incomplete product before its 30% done. Nope been down that road with Mortal Online, and wasnt going to repeat it.

I am just wondering why is it that in a game set in a post apocolyptic future, with no power, electricity, gunpowder or anything of the sort. Why I would run around in a set of 19th century frontier style clothing? When in many ways it would be more practical to make basic armor and such out of salvaged metals, or even mail hauburks and Coats of Plates? Why the most efficiant tool for killing man, (in a non-gun or archery society) the sword, isnt in game. Or the most basic if not the oldest weapon in recorded history isnt in game, the spear.

Xsyon Citizen
    "" it would be more practical to make basic armor and such out of salvaged metals, or even mail hauburks and Coats of Plates?""

Those could be stylish as well.

http://darkcargo.com/2012/10/29/chainmail-a-tool-2/

Xsyon developers spending too much time to make bonus based on quality, they could instead add bonus to materials and skill base.
    Armor and weapons = materials.
    HP and self boost = drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    The sad thing is I am not mad, more comming to a conclusion about what has bothered me about Xsyon since I heard about it several years ago. I didnt bite on the beta bug like so many because I didnt see the point in spending that kind of money for another small indie developer taking on more than they can handle and selling an incomplete product before its 30% done. Nope been down that road with Mortal Online, and wasnt going to repeat it.

I am just wondering why is it that in a game set in a post apocolyptic future, with no power, electricity, gunpowder or anything of the sort. Why I would run around in a set of 19th century frontier style clothing? When in many ways it would be more practical to make basic armor and such out of salvaged metals, or even mail hauburks and Coats of Plates? Why the most efficiant tool for killing man, (in a non-gun or archery society) the sword, isnt in game. Or the most basic if not the oldest weapon in recorded history isnt in game, the spear.
    Very simple reason.
    Combat is not a major part of what makes Xsyon, Xsyon. Xsyon is about building, and restarting a world. Sadly. Combat is an after thought that has always been poorly done in Xsyon. Its all about the scav'd resources and building.