As you know the most popular games in the world are pick up and play games like

Call of Duty skip screens go multiplayer join room start shooting Then theres good and bad players but its fun.
League of legends is like the most popular game in the world right now has a nice feel good artwork but its quick to jump into compared to say HON, DOTA2 which are not much harder but its just that much simpler and fun to get hooked.
The old simcitys i tried playing many times and i just could not get into it and got bored until about 7 months ago when i made myself learn its not difficult its just not fun to have to learn everything in a game instantly. Now the new sim city looks like a polished pick up and play get hooked then learn the best ways to play later and you can tell its going to sell so well.

My point isnt that lets use the words people love to say (Dumb the game down for idiots) ITs that its a game its supposed to be fun and if you dont join the game and get hooked in the first 30 minutes your going to get bored and quit eventually. which is why niche games vs popular games are so different like lets say EVE that has a BIG - small community because it has been made so well which is what this game could do in like 5 years if you keep developing or You could add things that make people want to play when they first join and i know its an open sandbox game and your supposed to do what you want to but thats just not good enough for a large audience. I still think you should add 1 starting town where you can do things straight in the middle of the map kind of like a small trading outpost but one Xsyon creates.

Anyways im coming back to this game in a few days because i feel like playing it im in the mood But i hope you understand some of my opinions.