Thread: Field of view

Field of view

hello,

I'm new and I have the biggest hopes in this game.
    I really want to get into it deeply and stay for long if it turns out to be at least half as good as it looks by now.

but there is this one thing which annoyed me from the first second in the game - and still annoys me permanently.

the Field of view is MUCH too narrow and there is no way to change this on my side.

it really feels awful for me - like looking through binoculars or wearing blinkers permanently.

is there any hope that this might be changed (soon ?) ?

thank you for your time and keep up the good work.

regards, Roy Bean

FOV is fine for me. Just FYI you can change this based on your res also. Wider res = wider FOV. If you use a widescreen format like 16:9, you can get a pretty good FOV (around 160 degrees) if you have it more like a box 4:3 you get around 120 degrees.

I see no issues with the FOV for me, I don't need a 180 view, most people in real life have about 180, however, they have to move their eyes a little to focus it correctly. With the way you can zoom out over your head, that helps with playing, and doesnt require a change in FOV.

Xsyon Citizen
    Check your key bindings in the menu/settings/key bindings.

You can change the camera type (i think it is pos1) and scroll in and out with the scroll wheel of your mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    Check your key bindings in the menu/settings/key bindings.

You can change the camera type (i think it is pos1) and scroll in and out with the scroll wheel of your mouse.
    This wont change the FOV. It only changes the perspective.

FOV is the angle you see the world. Most humans see about 120-160 degrees clearly, with 10 to 30 degrees peripheral vision.

OP question moved to the official thread for questions of the week for the devs. http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...-01-13-2013-gt