Thread: Server ping

Server ping

Hi i'm from france and i get some ping issue. I tried to connect from different line and computers (Office, home, friend home) and what ever connection used (adsl, cable) I got ping jumping from 150 to 600. It jump when an npc come next to me. can you fix it or give me a solution?

For exemple : I have a good gamer PC at home with 100mb optic cable connection and Xsyon is the only game where i have 600 ping when a revenant attack me... Then play LOL with LOL with 20 ping...

Latency is dependent on distance to the server (among many things) and you can't compare LOL to Xsyon since they aren't on the same server.

To play Xsyon you need to make a wee jump over the atlantic ocean (figuratively speaking) and that jump is 90ms. Add some overhead and router delays and you end up on 150ms. So what you say is making sense, except for the thing about revenants. (they kill without hesitation and won't contribute to your overall latency - hahahaha, muhahahahahaha haha, hrm...)

I never experienced increased latency when being among players/animals/revenants. Are you sure it wasn't something else that made you "feel" like you had a 600ms ping?

Crossing borders will increase your ping for just a few seconds while it loads the area, I'm not talking about the whole zone but the sections within each zone must be loaded as you enter them. It's possible to get a increase as you are running away from the revenants as you could be crossing in to another section and loading the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzym View Post
    I never experienced increased latency when being among players/animals/revenants. Are you sure it wasn't something else that made you "feel" like you had a 600ms ping?
    I display my ping latency on my play screen so it is not a simple "feeling" but now i also have some pike lag time to time without reason. Time to time, i can chat, use skill, but i can't move for 10 sec and then it move in very fast pace (it's very funny at this time). But it's also unplayable.