About skill decay...

Hi,

thanks for having me playing the game.

If I leave four skills in a category at 5.0 because I have the luxury of having companions having these maxed, will other skills start decaying at some point or will these four just continue to decay until they are negative and further?

Thanks.

Skills cant decay lower than 5. skill 5 is minimum. So if you leave 4 skills at 5 the rest in the given category will decay instead when skilling one.

Actually its not based on skill level its based on # of uses.
    Setting a skill to - will set the # of uses to 1.

There is a lot to how the decay system works, so you have to play around with it.

Thank you for your reply.

So then I can assume that if I lock two of the other skills with either the plus or the lock sign and grind a third one - with only one (wanted) skill left in the resources category - it will decay even if it is the the highest of all? And also does this one skill decay faster than normal then?

Edit: Oh, missed MrDDTs post. Thanks for your answear, too

You can have 3 skills at 100 no matter what.

2 locked or set to + and train the 3rd one. No matter what else you are for sure not to lose any skills doing it this way. Meaning, if you only care about 3 skills and nothing else in that pool. You simply set the 2 you are NOT training but want to keep to + or locked, and train the 3rd one. If you goto use or train another skill move your locks around.

It starts to get tricky when you trying to do 4 or more skills.

Also remember pro tip, Xsyon decays from the lowest FOUR used skills (unless they are locked or set to +). I hope that helps. Good luck, and like I said play around with it.

Thank you very much. That's all I needed to know.

OP question moved to the official thread for questions of the week for the devs. http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...-01-13-2013-gt