Has two handed weapons, archery, or even a real cooking system in game yet?

Figured I had been gone for a while I would check to see if there has been any major patches that bring the game more than just a pile dirt and logs game.

I still hope Xsyon gets better and bigger, but with other sandboxes on the horizon I fear the worst.

Oh any major plans for the GDC this year?

I've not seen any progress actually in game...they're working on trade totems...been doing that for a long time...but still not out...other stuff is "In the works".

My guess would be, with the failure of the Kickstarter program, they're down to one or possibly two programmers.

Currently the crafting update, trade/quest totems, alliances, farming, cooking, and terrain reverting over time is all being worked on Hodo.

There was something I noticed over at the SWG-EMU forums, where the developers there every year release a yearly statement showing the progress done on the code, the game, and how money was spent. Every week they release a code report, where they go into rough detail on the lines code fixed, adjusted, or just gone over. It was great for the players and investors to see and for the playerbase to see. It let them know that something was being done, and it was just a matter of time. Or you could go with a more SOE approach to it, and have a player voted on content area, where the playerbase votes on what comes next in development, SOE works on getting that done that quarter, and then takes votes for the next cycle.

I understand the Xsyon is a MUCH smaller development entity than SOE, but it wouldnt take that much more work to just have players vote on content development.

But I am glad to see things are progressing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    There was something I noticed over at the SWG-EMU forums, where the developers there every year release a yearly statement showing the progress done on the code, the game, and how money was spent. Every week they release a code report, where they go into rough detail on the lines code fixed, adjusted, or just gone over. It was great for the players and investors to see and for the playerbase to see. It let them know that something was being done, and it was just a matter of time. Or you could go with a more SOE approach to it, and have a player voted on content area, where the playerbase votes on what comes next in development, SOE works on getting that done that quarter, and then takes votes for the next cycle.

I understand the Xsyon is a MUCH smaller development entity than SOE, but it wouldnt take that much more work to just have players vote on content development.

But I am glad to see things are progressing though.

SOE EMU, its' not Sony game, its some people who reversed Engineered SWG, and added alot from SWG, so that is easier than making a game from Scratch just to give you a heads up.

The EMU also can't make money or they would be sued by Sony, they only can take in money for server and upkeep.. I can't say why I know but if you send them an email they can explain to you this.. Most of the team is not paid, atleast thats how it was before, I'm not trying to knock them, I think what they have done is great , glad they did it and they are doing a great job.

But remember making games is not an easy task and something like Xsyon is alot of work, and with a small team like this, its amazing what they have done with little resources. I make games on a smaller scale and have worked on MMo's and the stress working with a large scale game is crazy... Jordi I give him alot of respect for what he has done here, and yes I know some elements have been missing and i'm sure he didn't want it this way, with in time, I think it will be the game he wants it to be .

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    SOE EMU, its' not Sony game, its some people who reversed Engineered SWG, and added alot from SWG, so that is easier than making a game from Scratch just to give you a heads up.

The EMU also can't make money or they would be sued by Sony, they only can take in money for server and upkeep.. I can't say why I know but if you send them an email they can explain to you this.. Most of the team is not paid, atleast thats how it was before, I'm not trying to knock them, I think what they have done is great , glad they did it and they are doing a great job.

But remember making games is not an easy task and something like Xsyon is alot of work, and with a small team like this, its amazing what they have done with little resources. I make games on a smaller scale and have worked on MMo's and the stress working with a large scale game is crazy... Jordi I give him alot of respect for what he has done here, and yes I know some elements have been missing and i'm sure he didn't want it this way, with in time, I think it will be the game he wants it to be .

I know SWG-EMU isnt SOE, I believe there was some punctuation in there that may have been overlooked.

I was just suggesting that Xsyon could do a few things that would give more information so there was less guess work on the playerbase side on whats going on in the development of the game.

SOE's Planetside 2, the game I was talking about previously but didnt mention because I assumed you would be able to figure it out (I was wrong). Does post a list of features that are thought about or in the works that they are not sure when it should go into the game. So they post a group of threads that you can only vote on. If it gets enough votes it goes into the que for what will be worked on next, the second most votes is second and if there is room or time they will try and get the third thing done.

SWG-EMU, posts a thread on the main page that shows the amount of lines of code they went through, the bugs they fixed, the features that are unstable but on the test server, and the features that are stable and moved to the live server. This includes art work, graphics improvements, engine improvements, and network code.

Right now as a person who no longer plays but looks in from time to time, about once ever two weeks or so unless I am bored, or in a conversation. I may see stretches of weeks between information from the developer here and the community. I have no clue sometimes if anything is being done or even what is being worked on. I can ask here in the forums but there are times I dont feel like logging in, or even have time do more than just scan the first forum page.

In short (TL;DR), there is a severe lack of communication here and it hurts perspective players who want to see if this is even an actively developed game. Most players now dont have time to sift through threads or create an account to ask on the forums.

The updates seem to come at the rate of one every 10-12 days, some longer. Most of them have been very minor updates, mostly: "Doin' stuff, but not ready to talk about it."

I would really suggest an update every week, even it is just the same as above. It would at least give the impression of better communication.

So to get back to the OP subject...

Still no ranged weapons? Or even spears? And the graphics still don't fit the actual models (invisible walls where a gap appears)?

I loved the month or two I played towards the end of beta last year ish,
    but hoping for new/improvements before I pay/play more.