Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Feedback Request 02/27/2013 - Trade Totems and Improvements

Trade and Quest Totems and additional improvements are ready for public testing.

Totems:

1) Tribes can place one Trade and one Quest Totem on their home tribe land.

Tribes can place additional trade and quest totems on allied land as follows:
    Homesteads - 1 additional trade and 1 additional quest totem.
    Bands - 2 additional trade and 2 additional quest totems.
    Clans - 3 additional trade and 3 additional quest totems.
    Tribes - 4 additional trade and 4 additional quest totems.

2) Totems can be placed and moved by any tribe player with the Place Totems rank permission.

3) Totems on allied land can be moved by allied players with the Place Totem rank permission.

4) Totems can be REMOVED. This puts Totems into a hidden state.

5) Revoking alliances or disbanding an allied tribe results in Totems being placed into a hidden state.

6) Hidden state Totems can can be revived by the next Totem placement.

7) Disbanding your tribe results in the loss of all items still on Totems. A warning message is given when disbanding the tribe.

8) A list of your Totems is displayed in the main Totem information panel, Upkeep tab.

03/14/2013

9) A Yes / No confirmation pop up appears when placing a Trade or Quest totem.

10) The time limit for switching currency is 5 real time days.

11) You can't set currency to 'none'.

12) Items display a cost per unit. The minimum cost is 1 currency unit per item unit. Prices can be increased only in increments of 1 currency unit per item unit. The reason for this is that players will be able to select an amount to buy from a stack of items, rather than be required to buy an entire stack. This is in progress.

13) Totems now have an Ally Totem tab. This tab displays items for sale from allied totems and totems placed on Allied land. The Tribe location of the totem is noted.

14) There is a limit of 500 sales per trade totem. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable number or not. It can be increased.

03/19/2013

15) Allied trade items show distance (in meters) and direction (NE, NW, SE, SW) to the totem selling the item.

16) Trades and completed sales show how many game days ago the transaction with the totem took place.

17) Items for sale and completed sales revert to tribe leader ownership after 400 game days (approximately 45 real days). For testing purposes ONLY this is set to 2 game days.

18) Items for sale and completed sales expire and are deleted if not collected after 800 game days (approximately 90 real days). For testing purposes ONLY this is set to 4 game days.

19) Items are sold with prices selected per unit.

20) Buyers choose the quantity of a stacked item to buy.

21) Stack selling revised to allow for items to cost a fraction of a currency unit. Stacks can only be split in amounts worth whole number of currency units (for example if a stack of 9 nails is worth 3 dollars, you can buy in quantities of 3, 6 or 9 for 1, 2 or 3 dollars).

22) Item ownership revised: Owner only can sell Carts and Containers. Possessor can sell all other items in possession regardless of ownership.

Improvements:

1) Tribes can ally (and revoke alliances).

2) Family group has been added. This can be used for close friends or a sub set of your friends or tribe mates.

3) Information about tribe mates status and last day online is listed on the main Totem.

4) Permissions and Locks can be set to either Public, Private or a combination of Friends, Tribe, Allies and Family.

5) Doors now have permission settings. Existing doors are set to Tribe permission automatically if a player tries to use the door.

Please provide any Feedback or report any problems with Trade Totems in this thread.

I will solicit Feedback regarding Totem Upkeep, Crafting Revisions, Agriculture and other changes in progress when ready. Thanks!

Notes: 03/01/2013

'Hidden' Totems basically turns off the Trade or Quest totem since the physical Totem is removed. The next time you place a Totem, rather than creating a new 'blank' Totem, inactive 'hidden' Totems are searched. If you have a hidden Totem, it is placed with all items that were previously there.

Moving Totems has been fixed. This is a feature for moving allied Totems placed on your land.

Other issues are being reviewed and will be fixed. Thanks for the Feedback so far, here and in game.

Notes: 03/19/2013

Totems have been improved as listed above (items 15-20). In particular I am looking for feedback on:

- Game days to pass ownership to the tribe leader.
    - Game days to expire and delete items.
    - Any bugs or problems found.
    - Any final requests for improvements.
    - We do have artwork for four different trade totems. A choice of style will be added later but as it's just a cosmetic improvement it will be saved until I can wrap up upkeep and crafting revisions.
    - Quest totems will have similar improvements, also after upkeep and crafting revisions are finished.

Notes: 04/15/2013

Totems have been improved as listed above (items 21-22).
    Last edited by Xsyon; 04-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Wow !!! I am very much looking forward to test the new features - they sound amazing! Be right on it after work

Can you explain this hidden state? I cant really see how it works, thanks.

After I placed the trade/quest totems down I was unable to move them, anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    After I placed the trade/quest totems down I was unable to move them, anyone else have this problem?
    I cant move them using the "move" option but you can replace them in essence its moving them.

Name in text box for "label" is able to over lap the sides of the box.

Can we get a confirmation box when replacing a totem?

Tribe info page:
    Cant sort by "Class" or "Active"
    Scroll bar is located in the old spot should be a on the right more.
    Activity time is clipped off for some of the times.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 02-28-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    I tried around with the trade post.

And (re-)found a generic bug that has been around for some time now:

When you have a bundle on your back (like grass, branches, twigs, etc.) and you cancel a sell order, the stacks are merged (so far so good) - but for some reason (BUG !!!) when you have like 3 bundles (4 is max) and you cancel a sell with 3 stacks, you get only 4 on your back - 2 are lost (forever).

here is the link to the reported bug (retrieving bundles from a cart):
    http://www.xsyon.com/project.php?issueid=1667

Could someone please confirm the bug ? Thank you!

It would be nice to also have the option to set tribal currency type on the trade totem, or on the general Totem (not the right-click status on the actual tribe totem) menu so that it can be handled remotely.
    It is not possible to put something up for sale if no currency is set, however, it is possible to put something up and then switch the currency type to none. Was this an intended feature (to lock out sales) or just an oversight?
    Similarly, is it meant to be able to switch currency types instantly and on an unlimited basis?

On the "Set Item For Sale" window on the trade totem, my opinion is that the scroll bar should be the price per unit and the white text below it should show the total, seems backwards to me right now and actually a bit more difficult to use. I do like direction you are going on various changes.

I shouldnt be trying to deter from the topic at hand which is trade totems, so removed post and will simply ask:

Do you plan to revamp the quest totem at some point to a working system, you are doing wonders to make the trade totem a great and useful feature, and hope that the quest totem would be as well.
    Last edited by OrlandoKev; 03-15-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Few things on trade totems.

1)"Tribe" on ally sales. Should say "Location"
    2)On the ally sales it should say "Tribe" should be who (the tribe)that is selling it.

Also maybe an option for a few types for looks on trade totems? Instead of getting a standard trade totem, you have say the option for a few colors or shapes? So each tribe can set a special unique colors (or tribe colors / symbol).

Also due to the limited # of items listed, is there a time limit people can set?
    Also due to the limited # of items listed, can there be a permissions set for it removing it?

I love the allies listing, I believe one thing about it that is will cause many people to be allies just for trade because it will be so important. But I think this is a great start.