We need animals!!

What happened to all the animals? We had to cancel our hunt last night because we couldn't find anything to kill. I was all over the map looking for critters. We had a new player start and quit later that day because there is nothing to hunt. I think this needs to be the highest priority - over farming and trade totems and whatever else is in the works. Without animals, this is only a crafting game. I like crafting, but I also like hunting, cuz crafting gets boring. Please let me know what other player think. I don't think this problem can wait to be resolved.

I totally agree. If i had not managed to kill a cat with a bit of luck on my 2nd day playing i would have quit and never subscribed. Two days is probably really too long for even some of the most patient of mmo gamers.

Even now that im a bit stronger I mostly only kill stuff once a week during the tribe hunt.

Hunting is a great adventure in this game, you really have to prepare and go out hunting, that is fine but players need to be able to do that every day if they feel like it.

Please tweek the number of critters up a bit, thank you.

Mahkisis

I would love to see archery in here too, or any sort of ranged weapon, along with more animals of course. There are two things on the loadscreen that I have wanted to do ingame since 2011, and that is shoot a bear with a bow, and cook something.

I think there needs to be alot more, but also zone / skill appropriate ones mostly

Got to agree, even the small animals need higher pops, larger animals --a major boost. ..Please.
    Last edited by wastelandstoic; 03-05-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: ?

Hi me new and i look around and i wonder me ther is nothing to do all what i can do is chop some wood cant create other tings why? first i dont have tool to do it or tool to create this tool lol and about the animals i only see revenantīs and they kill me ever so boring and under us ... the texture so uggly why ? but the game has good chance to get good.

Greatings from Germany Atras

3D Artist and Graphic Designer

O i forgot to ask what is the best starting build

Hi Artras, Welcome to Xsyon.

Getting started can be difficult especially for a solo player. This is a sandbox game of course, meaning it is very strongly player driven. It is also "Post Apocalypse" so we don't want it to be too easy either Joining a tribe would certainly help you with tools etc but more importantly knowledge. I'm sure you would be welcome in any tribe including ours, but if you are looking for a German tribe "A Better Tomorrow" is an active German tribe.

Here is a link to the Wiki Stats page which should help you do your character build. You will want your primary stats to work with the crafting/combat skill you choose. The secondary stats help but are not as important. Try to choose skills with stats that compliment all of your main skills. Some of the most important skills in game are tools for crafting since everyone needs tools (Int & Fort), and Scavenging for materials (Charm & Perception). For Combat you will want preferably Strength, Fortitude, Agility and Spirit. Since stats and skills are limited with a soft cap you can see that it would be difficult to be good at everything

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 03-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artras View Post
    Hi me new and i look around and i wonder me ther is nothing to do all what i can do is chop some wood cant create other tings why? first i dont have tool to do it or tool to create this tool lol and about the animals i only see revenantīs and they kill me ever so boring and under us ... the texture so uggly why ? but the game has good chance to get good.

Greatings from Germany Atras

3D Artist and Graphic Designer
    Hi me was new once too and when me started me got killed by revs and stripped of me starter items, but instead of whining me picked meself back up and try harder, now me great warrior with huge empire that stomp on little whiners who can't do anything for themself and blame everyone else for them lack of skill and brains. why you think textures ugly?? me think game is great and like that it not easy for babies who need hand held.

O i forgot to say if you try all then you find out what is best build. discovery is part of fun of game.

Me like Big John, way he thinks.