Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I think the resources at the current ratio on test is good for large tribes. Doesn't seem that hard to get, and most large tribes already have these things stock piled.

For small or starting tribes I think its pretty low. 0 granite to start building, then after a few buildings its like 5 granite every 22 real days.

Currency Bonus:

I love the new currency upkeep bonus outside tribe area. I think its a minor bonus but people likely will still want the bonus.
    The cost seems ok maybe a bit LOW for but it is a small effect (for my tribe its 9k Currency every 22 days for a +4 bonus to all stats outside tribe area, for all members)

I also think this upkeep is based on the current activity level of the game and tribes. Overtime when players are more active, and the game is more active, I believe this upkeep should be increased.
    This is coming from a tribe with 90+ PAID accounts in it, yet only 10 active accounts. We can easily keep up with these upkeep costs for 6 months real time only part of a play day of gathering.
    I expect if we had 50+ active accounts/members it would take less than 1min of each person a REAL MONTH to upkeep that, which means it would be way trivial to have an effect.

So in summary, I think the rates are good for putting in now, but if you looking for long term when the game is more active, they would be extremely low.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 03-18-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    .... An NPC that sells mounts or buffs or something fun would stimulate it very quickly. Sure, it isn't sandbox, but this ludicrous new economy isn't either.
    I have to disagree with that - alone the idea that NPCs are part of a sandbox - its a repulsive idea!

The upkeep (as far as I see it) is instead of maintenaning every single "building part" of the buildings. So instead of walls crumbeling down, its more like keeping all your building parts intact by spending them to your magic totem ...
    1000 of granite is probably too low for our tribe - something in the range of 4000-5000 would be appropiate with the number of buildings we have

Something to further push trading would be the option to sell goods on the trade totem for upkeep specifically. So each transaction that is completed by someone, would add the resouces/currency directly to the upkeep.

I am not sure how this would be managed with the overstocking limit - but still it could provide an additional incentive to use the trade totem.
    Last edited by tomduril; 03-19-2013 at 03:38 AM.

I am wondering if the triviality of the upkeep will remain once the resources are based on structure type rather than just generic granite. Wood and grass are not easy to move in bulk, as you can only carry 1 log or 4 grass bundles. Requiring 88 large logs or something similar is a hell of a lot more work than 88 granite. I would like to see resource costs paid in processed goods, i.e. bricks, boards, etc., rather than raws. The amounts would still need to be balanced versus the various resource type as some (like processed grass) are more work than say bricks.

I any case upkeep as it is now is a non-issue for me. As a homesteader the stat bonus is negligible and I won’t be doing much more terraforming or building barring some incredible new structures being introduced.

Bonuses that would make upkeep worthwhile for me would be things like:
    Increased health and stamina regen on tribe land
    Repel revenants and/or animals from tribe land (remove/disable any AI path-finding nodes on tribal land)
    Ability to expand tribe borders for a resource cost + increased upkeep
    An alternative to the expanded borders would be an expanded zone of influence(ZOI) where we could terraform but not build.
    Reduce or eliminate the penalty for finding rares on tribal land
    Reduce or eliminate hunger and thirst degradation on tribal land (provisions maybe?)
    Increase comfort, decrease structure decay rate (when implemented)

It would be great if we could pick and choose various bonuses to add to our totem which would modify the base upkeep. Give homesteads 3 slots, bands and clans 4,and tribe 5. We could then choose bonuses from the list allowing more customization. This would allow tribe-wide bonuses for individual attributes, skills, or even skill groups. You could even have a bonus that reduces upkeep costs, instead of giving a + bonus to something.

And just for the record, this BB's editing system sucks
    Last edited by Drevar; 03-18-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Good stuff Drevar.

I really like the tribes have more than 1 choice at bonuses, this could also help to further specialize tribes trades (crafts, gathering etc).

i think a good Bonus for tribe is:

- upkeep 50% 1 normal Animal respawn at totem each day
    - upkeep 50-100 % 2 normal Animal respawn at totem each day

Bonecrafter/Hunter need Bones..but i have found the last weeks 2 Animals!! with those Bonus we have a little ANIMALFARM which the crafter can hunt

Hey there, I'm gonna build on top of other people's suggestion, trying to get deeper.

- Tribe leaders sets 3 potential specialization buffs for the tribe, the tribe members can select only one of them at a time.

- Buffs could be increased over the time they are selected by the tribe
    Meaning that it will start at +xx and gain +y every real day or in game week. Maybe accelerated/slowed down by upkeep percentage value.
    Rewarding dedication to a special play style and having tribes specializing.

- Pay for upkeep points with exponential values.
    Meaning that it is cheap to have no malus(40%), average to get to 70%, and very hard to overstock to 100%

- Territory Size increased with overstocking.
    It's been suggested a couple times in this thread already. I really like it.
    In addition to the implementation of upkeep points, it will give some real long term goals and incentives to trade.
    Or at the very least some sort of drive to play and keep investing time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosth View Post

- Territory Size increased with overstocking.
    It's been suggested a couple times in this thread already. I really like it.
    In addition to the implementation of upkeep points, it will give some real long term goals and incentives to trade.
    Or at the very least some sort of drive to play and keep investing time in the game.
    I believe this would appeal to many players, especially homesteaders.

Very good Idea ! +1

since scavenging on the tribes u get a penality, How about instead of taking away terraforming and building rights. Toss in its place scavenging penalty removed and +10% scavenging bonus or something. To reward people overstocking there totems, Then ddts suggestion for hunting, healing . Upkeep should be 100% for bonus's and nothing else. The whole idea of the system should reward players encouraging them to trade and keep it fed. I got a lot of friends that wont touch this game hearing they can loose digin and building rights. Xsyon remember, goal here is to Give to community, not take. Reward people to stay.

As for the economy, it will never get in order until more players are ingame. Economy was great first few months of launch, didn't need none of this stuff as people constantly traded and was a pop to support it. The problem here isn't big tribes stock pileing, its the fact there isn't enough people ingame to keep a real economy going. When the econ was at full force people traded w/e to get wat they needed and it worked great. So make upkeep about bonus's even give these smaller tribes a chance to expand to get as big as the bigger as long as they feed the upkeep. But the game needs content and more of it, Farming and crafting changes is in the rite direction, but you got a ways to go yet. So for upkeep, do 20% is a 5m upgrade to any deed, 40% 10m and 70% 15m and 100% 25m. (currency seems fiting for this also tie in tribe, leader buffs to it.

Then for resources, remove terraforming and building from that, Put Scavenging pentalty removed 10% scav bonus(also give all members a 5% bonus to find rare mats outside the tribe), 2% healing rat 10% to hunting (this is at 100%) provisions 5% boost to all crafts at 20% 10% at 40% then 15% at 70% and 25% at 100%. See now with this type of system, itll work, the hunting, healing buffs will work off tribe lands also giving every1 better hunting etc. This is wat I hope to see with upkeep as this system 100% rewards all players ingame for making the efforts and might even get a few to stay a bit longer as then new players might stand a chance against some animals.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post

As for the economy, it will never get in order until more players are ingame.
    I agree fatboy. Give players something fun to do and they will stay in game. Then the economy will take care of itself. I like all of your ideas for stat bonuses in place of the penalties that are currently planned.