Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Drevar, just a quick note to say beads are crafted through masonry - I havent found any metal rings either though, so can't help on that one.

Great job Drevar, from what you posted I agree with your info. I wish I had time to test this week but I just don't.

About the naming of the QL levels, as long as there is no confusion I'm OK with however its being done. I did/do agree that changing "master" for QL to something else was a great idea.

Yeah the current QL tier progression goes Superior->Premium->Supreme. I can see a bit of confusion when one quick glances at stacks, even with the numerical quality displayed.

Thanks, Isda, I'll check out the beads. I always want something more for woodworking and keep checking that for changes, but didn't even think about masonry.
    Looking at the beads now, I was a bit surprised. I was guessing it would be a single bead scheme that took "rock" and would have different properties based on what type of stone it was. Instead it is a different scheme for each type of rock, and no difference between them except the name and icon.

On another note, as something that ties in with the next update, innards are going to be extremely valuable as both a fertilizer for farming and being needed for the new catgut cord, etc. I hope there will be more sources for either fertilizer or innards.
    Last edited by Drevar; 04-06-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    On another note, as something that ties in with the next update, innards are going to be extremely valuable as both a fertilizer for farming and being needed for the new catgut cord, etc. I hope there will be more sources for either fertilizer or innards.
    Bingo!

At some point the animal population is going to have to be addressed. We should not have to go to one or two zones in the far north of the map for all our hunting needs. Too many skills are tied to this. <waiting patiently>

Crafting additions look great.

Yeah Wastelandstoic, people have been saying it for years.

I hope they increase the animals around the world, there are many many issues with them, not just the # of them.

Its being mentioned to have a PRACTICE MODE for crafting.

I would strongly advise against this because it makes so easy to create a MACRO and macro
    your way to Max skill.

This is exactly what happoned in SWG. There was a practice mode.
    You used all the Materials in the craft but end item was not created.

This makes it incredibly easy to create a macro because you dont have to deal with bag slots
    filling up with created items.

Im not saying players will use macros, but why make it a lot easier for them to automate grind
    and achieve max skill with little effort.

as soon as i saw the Practice Mode it immediately reminded me of SWG and the problem they had.
    Last edited by cerveau; 04-16-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Wouldn't you still need to gather the mats? That's where most of the time spent is anyways, deleting the items is very quick now. I simply put them in a basket (it auto crafts in the basket already if its empty and on your back) and drop the basket and delete it.

QL tier progression goes Superior->Premium->Supreme - I believe is going to cause ALOT of confusion, i can understand changing the master name, but why change VHQ name and cause confusion at all. in my mind as a old man in the USA, the word superior holds a much higher value than the word premium. The similarity of the words superior and supreme is just too close which will cause even more confusion and complaints.

At a quick look at some of my master tools, some still show alot of stats that arent in game yet on tooltip, other dont show them (which is good) and show things like "Increases Quality of Pioneer and Leathercraft" instead, which is great, but looking at half dozen pioneer master tools, half show one way, others show other way. Either they show the unused stats or they show the new "increases quality of", so assuming you are still in process of updating tooltips for tools?

Why show quality on items where quality is not a factor at all, example: schematics -

I see you have cleared all the currently unused stats off things like cloth (a very good thing) but notice camoflauge is still listed. I personally think that the game having so many things listed that "dont work, or arent implemented yet" makes the game look bad, not good. so i am happy to be seeing some of the dont work or arent implemented being removed or hidden. Players get too hung up on "what isnt working or implemented" than they do on "ALL" that does work and has been implemented, its human nature. Comfort and Faith bars are something you might consider hiding until closer time of implementation as well as all the tool tip info you seem to already be working on removing. I hate having to constantly say "it doesnt work, or "doesnt work yet" over and over and over to new players, but as long as that stuff is showing, they will continue to constantly focused on "what doesnt work". Thats my "opinion" as i dont see it as good for business.

Please show what skill a schematic is even for on the tooltip, required skill level would be nice also but not as important as which skill it is for to begin with. Already Known in tool tip also would be really nice feature. Dealing with schematics is one of the bigger nightmares in the game as it is and now you are more than tripling the amount of schematics. Short of memorizing every schematic or category of schematics, the only way to even know what skill it is for is to try to learn it, and if u happen to be at max learnable schemes, you have to look it up every time to see if u know it or not "and thats if you even know what skill it belongs to in the first place" I dont even want to get started on trying to organize and store schemes

Makes me sad to see the supreme charm cloth i have been saving for the patch changing to spirit stat, but something lke that i can just laugh off.

In regards to choosing the increased skill as totem bonus, is this going to be indicated anywhere or just going to be a hidden factor? Also assuming the change to tools adding to skill level, will this be indicated anywhere or a hidden factor?

Just noticed a substantial drop in my stats, so comparing stats on pre-existing armor from live server and test server and see that on the test server, stats are lower on this pre-existing gear, is this intentional? Dont want to discuss combat related stat info in forum so lets use spirit as a example instead, in the same set of armor, i have 7.1 less spirit on the test server and comparing one piece of armor, a helm. On live server it shows 3.90 spirit on tooltip, now i know a helm has max of 2.00 stat, so in my opinion it shouldnt show more than max, but on test server the stat has dropped to 1.44 from the 3.90 which is pretty big drop.

I mentioned this a long time ago to Hael, but not positive it got back to you, there is a good chance the word transient is going of offend some free players, transient is a word we commonly use for homeless people, bums on the street etc.
    Last edited by OrlandoKev; 04-17-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Which tool type will affect weapon crafting, bow crafting, scrap crafting? None affect construction skills or intermediate materials like bricks or woodworking materials? At the highest levels of skill and tool quality, there needs to be enough of a bonus to push a final product (armor, weapons, etc) from low Premium to Supreme in order to compensate. If not, then there was no reason to bump the QL cap on items to 120 as no one will be ever able to reach that level even with all natural Supreme materials.

Limiting the bonuses to specific final craft types pretty much obsoletes a ton of tools. I believe there will be enough "not needed" tools that the scheme cap will pretty much be ignored. I wouldn't bother to keep any Artisan or Master tools besides the ones that provide a bonus for a specific craft and those required to make the tools themselves. Why bother with the Master Scrapper's leather tools when the only ones that matter are the Pioneer ones?

Few things I noticed already.

Stats are not unlocked or displayed correctly. Item says +2.37 bonus to DEX only gives +1.

Another thing I noticed is that things like "Leather Strap" has a bonus listed on it (new and cool thanks) and carries the stat over to the item being crafted, but "Cloth Thread" has it displayed that it has a bonus but doesnt carry the bonus to the item.

Some of the tools do not display the bonus for the Quality (+20) that was updated in the change. Its very hard to see if that bonus is working.

I can confirm that tribe skill bonus is working.

It also looks like there is no way to get +40 to 1 stat even making master armor types. Using the best mats it always comes out to low. Might check again after the locks are removed but so far I don't see how it can be done.