Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Which tool type will affect weapon crafting, bow crafting, scrap crafting? None affect construction skills or intermediate materials like bricks or woodworking materials? At the highest levels of skill and tool quality, there needs to be enough of a bonus to push a final product (armor, weapons, etc) from low Premium to Supreme in order to compensate. If not, then there was no reason to bump the QL cap on items to 120 as no one will be ever able to reach that level even with all natural Supreme materials.

Limiting the bonuses to specific final craft types pretty much obsoletes a ton of tools. I believe there will be enough "not needed" tools that the scheme cap will pretty much be ignored. I wouldn't bother to keep any Artisan or Master tools besides the ones that provide a bonus for a specific craft and those required to make the tools themselves. Why bother with the Master Scrapper's leather tools when the only ones that matter are the Pioneer ones?

I disagree about the 120 (its 125 btw) topic you listed. I can see a reason even if you can't reach 125 it's nice to have a goal that's out there. So far there is no case where I can't see that it helps. Everything can be increased over 100 so far I've found.

About the tools, I agree we getting a little carried away think on how tools are working. I love the idea but its getting into balance issues and reasons like you said. There are 4 types of bone tools that are only used in bone crafting why would you use anything other than trappers? Or like you said the "leather tools" which are only used in leather why would you use anything other than pioneer?
    The only reason might be ease of access to mats, but even then it's not that easy.

The patch is out and this thread is now closed. Thanks for all the feedback!