Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

**New Armor Bonus Crafting Chart**

Because we can't upload pictures to the wiki I'm posting this information here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmorBonus.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	321

Adding in a link to my personal image area because this one can take sometime for a guide to approve.

Influence = Factor for the type of armor slot. E.g. Chest has 1x factor while a foot would have a factor of .5x to the total bonus of the item.

Material Points = # of Bonus from the materials you put in. 5 slots allow for a max of 5 bonus. As Xsyon's update says the first slot = 1.5x and the 3rd slot = .5x all the others are 1x.
    E.g Slot1 = Mutant Bear Leather 1.00 with a power of .5 means it would be a 1.00x.5x1.5= .75 bonus factor for that slot.

Max Influence = Bonus from Skills, Stats, Tools, Tribal bonuses.

Total Power = Influence*Material Points*Max Influence

Stat 100% = Max bonus that type of item can have if you used 100% mats of the same stat bonus in all 5 slots.

Bonus Factor = % bonus when using stats. E.g All the same stats (5 slots using STR bonus) means it would be factors by 50%. So if your Total Power = 5 with a 50% Bonus Factor, it would be 2.50 bonus to STR.

Stat % = % of stats in the Material Points being used by the same bonus.

Factor = I'll explain this better later*

EXAMPLE OF CRAFTING AN ARMOR PIECE:
    Recipe:
    Masters Heyburn Shirt
    80 Leathercraft skill required.
    Tools Used:
    Master Pioneers Craftknife 125 quality
    Master Pioneers Needle 125 quality
    Master Pioneers Leather Flatblade 125 quality
    Master Pioneers Leather Detailer 125 quality
    Master Pioneers Leather Bevel 125 quality
    Tribal Bonus:
    Leathercrafting +15% skill
    Materials Used:
    3x Rinorat Leather 125quality 1.00 INT, 1.00 Power
    2x Rinorat Leather Padding 125 quality, 1.00 INT
    3x Cashmere Thread 125 quality, 1.00 INT
    1x Platinum Buckle 125 quality, 1.00 INT
    2x Rinorat Leather Fringe 125 quality, 1.00 INT
    Skills:
    100 Leathercrafting
    Stats:
    110 Strength
    110 Perception

How this would be put into the recipe.

Infuluence:
    Master Heyburn Shirt = torso = 1.00 Influence

Material Points:
    Slot1 = 3 Rinorat Leather. = 1.5x slot factor, 1x Power, 1x INT bonus = 1.5 INT
    Slot2 = 2 Rinorat Leather Padding = 1x slot factor, 1x INT bonus = 1.0 INT
    Slot3 = 3 Cashmere Thread = .5x slot factor, 1x INT bonus = .5 INT
    Slot4 = 1x Platinum Buckle = 1x slot factor, 1x INT bonus = 1.0 INT
    Slot5 = 2x Rinorat Leather Fringe = 1x slot factor, 1x INT bonus = 1.0 INT
    Total Material Points = 1.5+1.0+.5+1.0+1.0 = 5.0 INT Material Points

Max Influence:
    This factor is really unknown on what % is effecting what, but know that at max stats (100+), max skill (100), max tribal bonus (+15%), tool bonus (+20 skill) gives you 50% bonus (1.5x) to the stat bonus.
    1.5 Max Influence

Bonus Factor:
    Because all the slots are using 100% same stat, bonus factor will be .5 as shown in the "Stat 100%" column
    .5 Bonus Factor

Formula:
    Final Stat Bonus Amount = Influence*Material Points*Max Influence*Bonus Factor

1.0*5.0*1.5*.5 = 3.75 INT

Final Product:
    Master Heyburn Shirt
    Crafted by MrDDT
    Supreme Quality (125)
    High Durability
    Pristine
    Intelligence Bonus +3.75

If you have questions or don't understand please ask questions so I can you and others to make it more clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmorBonus_zps9f07bbb9.png 
Views:	353 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	322  
    Last edited by MrDDT; 05-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Can one of the mods/guides change the title to CHART instead of CART. Thanks.

Edit:
    Thank you for fixing it.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 05-02-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Very impressive stuff, when I get to crafting armour again I'll probably understand it better.

On the chart, what do the 'stat 1' 'stat 2' etc mean?

This is extremely helpful information, at a first glance it does seem like a lot but reading everything you mentioned it all makes perfect sense. For those of you who never crafted an armor before this is all going to be confusing and I suggest you test out crafting armor.

All the information is in black and white here and most of all of this information would be hard to obtain so bravo/kudos to Mr.DDT for taking the time and sharing.

so now our armor crafters alike can get specific with stats on the armor they produce

Quote Originally Posted by ryanargu View Post
    Very impressive stuff, when I get to crafting armour again I'll probably understand it better.

On the chart, what do the 'stat 1' 'stat 2' etc mean?
    Stat 1 - 5 means different stats used in the set.

STR/DEX/INT etc

If you made a single stat suit, you would use the "STAT 100%" one.
    If you making a 3 stat suit you would use the "STAT 3" one
    etc.

World English Dictionary
    game 1 (ɡeɪm)

— n
    1. an amusement or pastime; diversion

One of the features i like about this game is the fact it is not easy, no instant gratification like most other games have become. However to turn around and make it that much more complicated makes no sense to me at all, we already have a extremely low game population, seems to me that over complicating things even more isn't going to help that issue but make it even worse

I almost feel like it would be more fun to be cramming for a extremely difficult college exam than it is try figure out this new crafting system

North East corner of Zone 698 south of the Big Lake
    Yah what he said!!x2

Trying to test simple basic before progressing to more complicated pieces and better mats, to no avail.

LeatherCraft
    Suina Collar - Materials used: Found Leather .25 Fortitude Supreme (100) and Nylon Cloth Thread .50 Charm Supreme (104)

Since tools have no bearing on stat outcome according to my tests, no sense of listing specifics but they were master pioneer supreme over 100.

LeatherCrafting Skill: 100
    Strength: well over 100
    Perception: 106.3

Result:
    Fortitude .20
    Charm .14

Very Frustrated Player doing his best not to rage quit.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoKev View Post
    Very Frustrated Player doing his best not to rage quit.
    I feel you Kev.
    I think the way it is now with artisan and master sets, we have to use more mats to get better results.

For now I'm sticking to tailoring until animal parts are not so rare.

From this chart, it looks like it is more beneficial to use different stated components at the same time. However, I don't see people using more that 3 stats per crafted item. Most crafts will include only 2 stats, primary and secondary.

Beautiful work DDT!

Unfortunately, I feel just like ol OrlandoKev here. I managed to get my bonecraft to 90 a little before the patch and made a whole set of bone armor to celebrate. I'm not going to go into specifics because they are just too depressing to go through but I'll list one piece as an example.

Master Bone Helm: Before Patch, using all VHQ componets and master tools yielded me a supreme helm with .74 Fort and 1.79 Agility.

Master Bone Helm: After Patch, using all VHQ componets and all master tools yielded a helm with .53 Fort.

Yeah I know, grind till you have a whole set of artisian or master armor schemes and collect a whole s**t-load of master componets (from scarce animals) and grind your bonecraft to 100 and just maybe you can create a helm with stats like that again...

Pass.