Natedagreat wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item
    And another person who has 0 concept of what it means to actually make this game survive.
    don't be an arrogant asshole... i just gave you a good list of things you can do to survive in this game... if you are unwilling to put effort into whatever you are doing then you shouldn't be playing games in the first place, find a more constructive use of your time or sit back and relax as you stuff your face full of popcorn growing ever fatter as you continue to relax in front of the tv.
    It's not arrogants, it's common sense.
    common sense is only common sense if it is common
    Wow...simply..wow.
    what... you know its true
    why do i get the sense this is the same person arguing with him/herself pointlessly over nothing to get a few extra post counts?
    Dont look at me Nate, your the only one so far to actually tried to convince me based on the Topic.

Some folks just seem to want to post because they can, whether or not if they should.
    you asked us to convince you that open pvp world will not interfere with what you like to do... what you asked was imposable because open world pvp will interfere with what you like to do. regardless if you ever get killed by anyone or not your actions will still be influenced by the risk of the open world pvp. by telling you ways to avoid interactions with pvpers i was, in effect, demonstrating how you would be effected by the game mechanics of this game's pvp aspects... perhaps i should have explained this earlier... however something like this shouldn't be too hard for someone to connect the dots as it were

Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Natedagreat wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item
    And another person who has 0 concept of what it means to actually make this game survive.
    don't be an arrogant asshole... i just gave you a good list of things you can do to survive in this game... if you are unwilling to put effort into whatever you are doing then you shouldn't be playing games in the first place, find a more constructive use of your time or sit back and relax as you stuff your face full of popcorn growing ever fatter as you continue to relax in front of the tv.
    Wow...simply..wow.
    why do i get the sense this is the same person arguing with him/herself pointlessly over nothing to get a few extra post counts?
    Dont look at me Nate, your the only one so far to actually tried to convince me based on the Topic.

Some folks just seem to want to post because they can, whether or not if they should.
    you asked us to convince you that open pvp world will not interfere with what you like to do... what you asked was imposable because open world pvp will interfere with what you like to do. regardless if you ever get killed by anyone or not your actions will still be influenced by the risk of the open world pvp. by telling you ways to avoid interactions with pvpers i was, in effect, demonstrating how you would be effected by the game mechanics of this game's pvp aspects... perhaps i should have explained this earlier... however something like this shouldn't be too hard for someone to connect the dots as it were
    dude no one here is a retard, you don't need to tell anyone "how to avoid pvpers". You basically just wasted my time by posting this bologna.

To get things settled:
    1. World pvp = GOOD
    2. world pvp = somewhat limited by other factors
    3. World pvp = depends on how it is implemented exactly to ensure its success.

Have a good night.

Natedagreat wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Natedagreat wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Wow...simply..wow.

dude no one here is a retard, you don't need to tell anyone "how to avoid pvpers". You basically just wasted my time by posting this bologna.

To get things settled:
    1. World pvp = GOOD
    2. world pvp = somewhat limited by other factors
    3. World pvp = depends on how it is implemented exactly to ensure its success.

Have a good night.
    well this entire thread was a wast of time to begin with... if someone would just look around a bit they would find everything that was said in this thread some where else on this forum with ease

lol why is everyone feeding Kunra?

Kunra wrote:
    Can someone convince me that the Open World PvP aspect of this game won't interfere with what I enjoy doing? Ie, hunting and gathering for hours at a time.

I have seen folks talk about the "consequences" of "ganking" in PvP but I am still not sure the folks this game seems to be trying to cater too will enjoy playing.

In my experience, Crafters and Open World PvP just, simply, do not work well together.

I see a game that appears to target the Crafter/PvE crowd yet forces PvP with the Open World PvP aspect.

I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.
    What you have to see about this game that it attracts 2 type of players. Some of them comes here for the open PvP (most of them are ex-Darkfall players or still plays that), some of them because of the exploring-building-crafting features. PvPers seem to be interested in PvP only, many of them stated that they don't plan to do anything else in the game. The other type of players are eager to see and try all of the features in the game. I do have hope that PvPers will fall in love with other features too, and will realize that PvP isn't the only source of fun.

So far its clear that the developers don't want a PvP focused game. They created a great deep game, dumbing it down to PvP focused would be a huge waste of their efforts.

Some posts from the developers to convince you :

Xsyon ( main developer) wrote:
    There should be enough in place for the game to not turn into a gankfest. The intention of Xsyon is to be a fun, open, sandbox game with possibilities for all kinds of players. If the game starts to get thrown off balance by gankers, the balance will shift. Simple as that.

Ideally, we would have one well balanced world, where most PVP is friendly sparring (not resulting in death) and where evil players really feel like game 'monsters' but with better, unpredictable AI.

Totally, a good system will make it so there are a few evils, a bit more antis and everyone else in the middle.
    Yes, this is the goal and if things don't seem balanced enough at first, we will adjust the system to achieve this goal.
    Virtus wrote:
    indeed, the idea of combat mode is to allow those who want to run away to do so.

This game, while it has PVP, is not PVP focused. The idea is to form a balance for the two.

Why not take more energy? Running and swinging a club will surely tire you out quiet quickly. If this is not liked then have it use both the energy loss of running and the energy loss of combat.

The idea is not so that crafters can run away but also other fighters should they wish.

If the fighter thinks he will run out of energy before taking out his prey then maybe he should not pursue. It would only be the fighters own fault if he ran out of energy, just like it would in any real melee combat.
    I suggest you to read this thread too, very good informations there:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/7-public-sup...ions-for-jooky

PvP is being reworked now, but the developers' original goal to keep the game balanced and free from griefing-ganking hasn't changed.
    And don't give up on the game for being killed once or twice The game needs time to get balanced and settled down, give it time to see if its for you.

Please tell me this is some sort of giant troll.

In fact many people have done the error to come here and think this would be another DF or MO clone and when they realize the truth about this game and how PvP works they get mostly angry because of their repressed aggressiveness.

No trolling here.

If you read above the only anger i see is from a PvE/crafter raging saying they will quit after getting killed once or twice, that's the only anger i see here.

It's funny because last I've heard it was fairly easy to catch up to someone in PvP.. Think it had to do with how combat mode is the same as any other movements now.

Iron Maiden wrote:
    If you read above the only anger i see is from a PvE/crafter raging saying they will quit after getting killed once or twice, that's the only anger i see here.

It's funny because last I've heard it was fairly easy to catch up to someone in PvP.. Think it had to do with how combat mode is the same as any other movements now.
    No trolling, all of those posts were written by Jordi and Virtus. Or you mean they were trolling their own game ?
    And I think PvP is broken right now, the last thing I've read was that if someone's health drops under 30% the server crashes. Thats a harsh solution to avoid PKing !!! (jk lol)

Lol that would stink, i don't think that's the case really i'm usually in vent when iLLmaculate kills someone - unless they die at 30% and the server crashes for the person that gets wrecked.

There are also posts about how combat mode has been changed and PvP needed re-working so i guess we won't really know until the game comes out eh?