Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

Kunra wrote:
    Tell me a Crafter trying to defend himself out in the wilds actually has a chance to, then I will change opinion. All games I have ever played force Crafters to be gimped in combat skills. Is that the case here?

Really, what this post is about is survivability ingame for Crafters.
    As far as we know right now, nothing stops you to level your combat skills even if you are a crafter. You will be able to defend yourself if you want to.

Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

Just to be clear: I am as non-PvP as they get. I am a RP, craft-oriented player with few twitch skills (I have no interest in shooter games) who uses a high-latency air card to access the Internet and plays on a laptop using a touchpad.

Speaking as such, how realistic would a world be in which you can't be killed? Even in real life, the "game mechanics" don't stop you from shooting up a shopping mall or even your friend's party.

What stops you are the social consequences of doing so. Is it 100%? Heck no, people still get murdered all the time. It's true that in most games, the so-called "consequences" of attempted murder are pretty much limited to the victim killing his attacker. Fat chance, since the attacker chooses the battlefield, the timing and gets the initiative. Everything here seems to suggest they're going in a different direction - one of "maybe you get killed, but it's likely to cause more problems for the attacker than the victim".

Rage over a single death is a little silly, it's not like you don't magically resurrect a few moments later. I can see the concern if it becomes a common occurence, but the devs say they don't want that. For now, there's no reason not to have a little faith that they'll accomplish what they claim.