Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

Can someone convince me that the Open World PvP aspect of this game won't interfere with what I enjoy doing? Ie, hunting and gathering for hours at a time.

I have seen folks talk about the "consequences" of "ganking" in PvP but I am still not sure the folks this game seems to be trying to cater too will enjoy playing.

In my experience, Crafters and Open World PvP just, simply, do not work well together.

I see a game that appears to target the Crafter/PvE crowd yet forces PvP with the Open World PvP aspect.

I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.

Re:I am a Hunter/Gatherer and Crafter type of player

Kunra wrote:
    I am Pre-Ordering this game and will give it a chance but the first few time I end up "ganked" in 1 evenings worth of play time. Consider me gone with my sub and cash.
    So join a tribe and gather with others or be prepared to eventually get killed and quit.

Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    So join a tribe and gather with others or be prepared to eventually get killed and quit.
    Yeah, thats the type of post that will garner interest based on what the game advertised itself to be.

Your an idiot.

Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.
    Say what you want, but whining and name calling makes you look so much better...

You read the list of features in the game. You know PvP is included, yet you huff and puff about not liking it and don't want it to be in the game. I read your thread on the mmorpg forum about how you want PvP removed so you will play. Now you come on here threatening to leave after getting ganked before even playing.

Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.
    Say what you want, but whining and name calling makes you look so much better...

You read the list of features in the game. You know PvP is included, yet you huff and puff about not liking it and don't want it to be in the game. I read your thread on the mmorpg forum about how you want PvP removed so you will play. Now you come on here threatening to leave after getting ganked before even playing.
    You think I am the only one? You think I am a minority thinking all aspects of this game are great except for the Open World PvP?

Do you really think this game will actually prosper and be PROFITABLE based on the Open World PvP aspect of the game?

Yeah, right.

Kunra wrote:
    Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.

You think I am the only one? You think I am a minority thinking all aspects of this game are great except for the Open World PvP?

Do you really think this game will actually prosper and be PROFITABLE based on the Open World PvP aspect of the game?

Yeah, right.
    dark fall is doing fine so why not

I'm not going to try arguing with you since you already seem to believe that all your opinions are correct and that you speak for the majority of the player base. However, you keep getting hung up on the open world PvP thing like it's going to be similar to Darkfall or other FFA PvP centric games, which we've already been told Xsyon won't be.

Kunra wrote:
    Shirk wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Your an idiot.

Yeah, right.
    1. yes
    2.Yes
    3. Yes

Have faith in this game. Open world pvp really is the ONLY kind of pvp.

Also it is not simply OPEN pvp. There are some restrictions.

The pvp aspect is based on a number of things...looting is the biggest things restricting this open world pvp.

This is all from what i gathered, it is subject to change/misinformation but this is what i heard.

1. there will be a timer on looting for some so that allies could loot your body before the instigator.
    2. You can only loot based on a number of things (full loot on warring tribes) (can set it to 1 peice of loot between tribes also i think)
    3. In the prelude i believe there will be safezones, which the prelude will account for a long time and what comes next could easily change.

Instead of flaming someones suggestions please just use your brain and don't hit submit.

Whether or not open world PVP works is entirely dependent on how it is implemented.

I play another game, Wurm, which has open world PVP. The graphics are much cruder than Xsyon, but in a lot of ways is it similar, even superior to what Xsyon will likely be at release - it's been around a while with lots of features and depth that have been added over time. Open world PVP works fine in Wurm on the Wild server. As long as you either set up your home in a out of the way place, or settle in an established community, you are rarely exposed to PVP because it takes for friggin ever to find the hiders, and attacking a town with decent fighters in it is a long and drawn out affair. Days, or even weeks, for a well defended town to be worn down.

It remains to be seen how well terraforming and village defenses stack up against terraforming and siegers in Xsyon. It remains to be seen how large of a bloodletter community is drawn here.

If you want to be in the center of things, AND be a crafter, you are almost certainly going to need to join a strong faction that can protect you mostly by reputation. A strong faction will need strong crafters to manufacture the goodies required to beat on their enemies and build their fortifications.

Don't write off the game if you get ganked a couple times. You likely will while the community settles in and people learn the fighting system and start crafting skill gains for weapons and armor. If the people you work with can't offer protection after a couple weeks of live, at that point you will probably want to either take up pvp skills to protect yourself as best as you can, or seek out a stronger PVP group that needs your crafting skills and is willing to put up with a carebear in their midst. :laugh:

first off... don't be an idiot... if you are going to be gathering materials and all that be sure to pay attention to your surroundings... also it would be wise to not to go out for hours on end, but rather returning to your town or tribe every hour or so to store whatever you find and gather. also just watching out for other players will not be enough im sure that even npc will be capable of defeating you... and i don't think that they will simply ignore you like they would in most other games. also this game world is ever expanding and will become quite vast if you are exploring or trying to find new areas with materials it is unlikely that you will find someone who wants to kill you as the people who thirst for blood would most likely go to areas that they are more likely to find someone that has good stuff on them to kill. anyway this is an open pvp world... if you can't fight you will eventually get killed and lose whatever you may have... assuming the one who killed you can carry everything that you have... of course if you just get knocked unconscious you will only lose one item