Stats and Skills question

Hey everyone,

I am having a hard time finding some information pertaining to Skills and Stats so thought I would give this a go here. There is a ton of information about skills and stats. On the wiki or even in game. But, there appears to be a lack of information on how it works in game. Meaning beyond character creation and beyond the knowledge of using a skill (combat, crafting, gathering) to increase a stat.

I couldn't find much information pertaining to the +, -, default 'box' and lock of skills. For obvious reasons, plus you gain, minus you subtract, box assuming this is gain (I really don't know, wide open to gain or lose?) and lock means no gain or loss of any kind. If you use either the minus or lock, Does this start to effect your primary and secondary stat of that skill, making them subtract and/or lock?

I am under the impressions ALL skills you can max out. Is this correct or incorrect? Are there a limited amount of points for skills? If you can max ALL skills to 100, Are you able to max ALL stats to 90 as well?

Just a few questions, Thanks.

Skills are hard capped at 100, but decay other skills in the same group(resources, crafting, etc) when you level them.

Stats are soft capped, but decay other stats(usually the stat you use the least) when you grind them.
    You can see which skills increase your stats here: http://www.xsyon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stats

+ means you gain stats, gain skill levels and that skill can ONLY go up.
    - means you do not gain stats, you do not gain skill levels and that skill can ONLY go down.
    Lock means you gain stats, but do not gain or lose skill levels.
    Box means neutral, stats can be gained, skills can be gained or lost.

Notes:
    A skill with - will decay before a skill with Box, Lock or +.
    You gain experience (the green bar at the bottom) using any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by paelen View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am having a hard time finding some information pertaining to Skills and Stats so thought I would give this a go here. There is a ton of information about skills and stats. On the wiki or even in game. But, there appears to be a lack of information on how it works in game. Meaning beyond character creation and beyond the knowledge of using a skill (combat, crafting, gathering) to increase a stat.

I couldn't find much information pertaining to the +, -, default 'box' and lock of skills. For obvious reasons, plus you gain, minus you subtract, box assuming this is gain (I really don't know, wide open to gain or lose?) and lock means no gain or loss of any kind. If you use either the minus or lock, Does this start to effect your primary and secondary stat of that skill, making them subtract and/or lock?

I am under the impressions ALL skills you can max out. Is this correct or incorrect? Are there a limited amount of points for skills? If you can max ALL skills to 100, Are you able to max ALL stats to 90 as well?

Just a few questions, Thanks.
    In theory you could have all skills at 100. There is a soft cap based on pool (Resources, Crafting, Combat etc) and there is a total over all skill soft cap.
    You ALWAYS gain more than you lose when you train skills, at first you gain a lot more than you lose. As your skill pools and total skill gets higher you start to lose more and more and it gets slower and slower to skill up. E.g. I have nearly 100 in all resource skill pool. To train "Resources" skill from 99.8 to 100. It took over 65,000 actions. On a new player that has almost all at 5 but "Resources" skill, it took less than 1200 actions.

Stats are NOT capped. There is a soft cap. 90 is the max you can do on a starting toon on the creation page, and if you were to use the stat change option using the + at the bottom on your hotbar (you only get 4 stat changes).
    Stats are gained through doing actions related to skills. Primary stats go up faster than secondary stats. I'm not sure if you can have every stat at 90, but I know you can have 7 of 8 over 100. As you get stats higher they train up much much slower. Around 120 they slow down so much it takes hours of crafting using a primary stat/skill to even get .1 change.
    You just have to test it out in game.