Thread: State of game?

State of game?

I was talking to a friend about maybe trying out Xsyon again. But how much have they patched they game? Does the "leather tool" for leather crafting work yet for example? Has there been any content patch lately? Hows the pop? Thx.

Leather crafting tool works, and they added new artisan and master recipes for leather crafting.
    Content patch was mostly new recipes, trade totems and tribal upkeep. It was a pretty good patch for it. Right now they are working fixing animals and then finish work on cooking/farming/healing etc.
    It's still slow going but its progressing in the right direction and steady.
    Population is still very low. Maybe 50 to 100 people online at peak, if I had to guess, but it does seem like its slowly going up. This last round of patching seems to help. Economy is doing a lot better because of currency upkeep/tribal bonuses, and trade totems.

It's a great time to be playing Xsyon right now. Always people on, always chatting up global chat. Regular Guide events. Having a good time. You'd be crazy not to at least log on with a free account to see for yourself.

Will prolly do that. Is that MrDDT from Darkfall? If so, have you given up on DFUW already?

Yeah after the issues in beta, I saw no real reason to play. I still hang out on a TS3 with people playing DFUW and I read the forums, but I really got bored of the whole "PVP" being really for nothing. Cities are about worthless, there is a great lack of content. Villages were next to worthless, they removed sea towers. Zerg to win. So many things that they moved away from in DFUW. DF1 had some great things and the flaws were fixed, but at the cost of many options of fun and drive being removed. I've not even logged on since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yeah after the issues in beta, I saw no real reason to play. I still hang out on a TS3 with people playing DFUW and I read the forums, but I really got bored of the whole "PVP" being really for nothing. Cities are about worthless, there is a great lack of content. Villages were next to worthless, they removed sea towers. Zerg to win. So many things that they moved away from in DFUW. DF1 had some great things and the flaws were fixed, but at the cost of many options of fun and drive being removed. I've not even logged on since beta.
    Ahh, OK. Well I feel ya. I just unsubbed cause I have some srious performance issues. I was going to play with Adun that you did a podcast with, but he got tangled up with alot of work in rl. So I ended up on EU server and tried the first month at least. But the state it's in now, it's nowhere near worth paying that kind of money.
    I tried Xsyon before, but it was waaaaay to buggy, and also the combat lacked to say the least. But I love the concept of it, and have always kept a eye on it in case they fix it, and spiced up combat somehow. But I guess combat hasn't change much?

Combat hasnt been changed and I doubt it will be focused for a while. Archery is not in game yet, and it is planned but its not something you can just put in ranged combat. The game has desync issues when you get more than 10v10. Even 1 v 1 has some issues with this.
    It's really IMO not "combat" game. Its a lot slower paced, things happen in days not hours. You want to build a cart? Expect it to take a few days. You want to craft some armor? Expect to take a week to get the mats and craft it. Building a new house? Expect it to take a month real life. Things in Xsyon are meant to last and are at a slower pace. Anyone coming into Xsyon expecting to see blazing combat or just jumping in to have the action is looking for it for the wrong reasons.

I like the combat style, I think its a good core to start with (mount and blade style) but it's not really ready for a true combat game.

Np, I won't return to Xsyon for the combat. That's for sure. I just wondered if they did anything to it at all. And I like the slow pace that it seems to have. There is alittle carebear in me after all. To bad the kickstarter failed, cause they game would have gotten alot of fixes from that if it went through.