Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have not had as much time as DDT to test and look around but I did start in 736 headed north and west till i hit the green and then north and east to 1059. What I saw confirms with DDT's assessment and all previous observations about the north of the map --still seems to be a magnet for creatures both mutant and normal --much more so than the south. While I'm very happy to see so many more animals in the south on test server than usual I don't believe it is yet balanced. Please patch what you have worked on to main and keep observing and improving. Also since there seems to be such a magnet in the north I wonder how migration will flow over time? Will we end up with the same problem again, no creatures in south and all in north? Thanks for your continued attention.

I got a mixxed review about this new patch with the animals.

Good:
    ~More animals everywhere overall, seems to be tons of things everywhere.
    ~Finding bears in the far east and far west (previously very hard to find any, seems to be a sure thing now)
    ~Speeds of animals like cats, dogs, coons, squirrels, hamsters, rats, chickens, coyotes seem to be alot better now, even tho they have been slown, with the added ageing it rounds it out to where it "feels" it should be.
    ~Health of some things like hamsters and chickens and coyotes seem to have more "what they should" amounts of health
    ~I like the new power system, having things that are like .24 and .27 and stacking them together to make a .25 or something didnt really seem exactly right.. So its good to have like a grading system where things are this grade or they're that grade. I found most of my hunting harvests to be .40 and .60 and the upgrade in power on materals is really great for someone like me whos a bonecrafter, this means that when I make something I can see a real upgrade in stats, verse putting on something with next to nothing for stat upgrade, this makes me feel like my armour is actually worth putting on, so good job here.

Bad:
    ~The mass majority of the added animals are cats and dogs.
    ~Bears are twice to tripple as strong now, *MAINLY DUE TO THEIR RANGE GAINED FROM AGEING* (Cant stress that point enough) dealing 22-38 damage at 3.6 to 4+ meters range 250-300+hps (impossible to deal with solo for the mass majority of players, or even stupidly harder then it should be for a group of people when they die in 3-4 hits for most 100hp or under players who havent been grinding hps for a year+) I think the "health" is justifyed, it should take alot of hits. However I feel that the added range from Ageing is much more then it should be, seeing how we have Zero Bows n Arrows, no Throwing sticks, no Lances, no Javs or Pikes, so to ask someone to fight something that deals 2-3 times more damage then you, that ALSO has more range then you, is just insane, even for a small group of 2-3 players.
    ~Most things in general have massively unbalanced health at the moment (aside of bears, they seem about right on hp) When most new players cant spawn a guy over 85hps and the mass majority of new fresh players has more around 50-70hps. I've seen chickens with more hps then this. With the added faster ageging, this means EVERYTHING gains more ~Range~ and more Health. Notice how I didnt really talk about the damage? If you get hit, it should hurt, I feel most of the damages for things aside of coons to be balanced. Coons shouldnt be dealing 16-22+ damage and having 160health, the low speed off-sets this, but it makes this again a common animal seen in the low danger zone that will hunt random new players and walk into towns that a solo new player would have a hard time dealing with, or two crafters with low health, they would have a fieldday, I know Lazula commonly gets mob'd by like 2-4 coons out of nowhere and jokes about how its just a respawn. With the current stats, these coons can takeout people like lazula in 2-4 hits, where it would take lazula a total of 17+ hits to kill one of them since she prob wouldnt even do 10 damage per hit with a shovel.
    ~Animals are still spider man'n at mock 15 up sheer cliff walls. I understand this is to prevent pit traps ect and to insure they can roam the map, but I would really like to see some kind of penalty to climbing up like that, slowed movement by 25-30% would even make me feel like "yeah okay hes climbing and not sprinting" Or hell, give us a "skill" called climbing, let me climb that shear cliff after that bugger and then I would no longer care, its just when it runs up a cliff, does a spiderman, then you cant even chase it anymore, most times with zero hps on them, it robs you of your work and your hunt.

Guess my biggest thing here is that with the added ageing, it makes all of this roaming animails twice to tripple as strong as they used to be, plus most of them are in groups now, so this makes for a even bigger added risk. For example, dogs in packs now randomly attack people, where as before dogs used to be a "only if you attack them but even then they'll prob run" kind of situation.

Same can be said about bears. All fine and dandy to give a bear 250-300+hps, but when you also give him 3.8-4 meters range and 22-38+ damage, this turns it into a unfightable beast, that before the patch, used to be fightable at 150-225hps at around 3 meters range. Now when you also make these bear mobs so there is 3-6 of them together, littorally you die in a second, even with a bunch of people with you, if you atempt to fight multiples of these monsters at once. My point is 1 bear verse 3 -4 100hpish tribe guys and the bear is still gona prob win due to the range it has and the range that the tribe doesnt have, it means that for each atempted you try to hit it, you or someone in your tribe is going to be hit for 25% to 40% of their health. When you also stack 1-2 other bears with that guy, a mob of 2-3 bears with 250-300hps and 4meters range of 30 or more damage, you cant even take this out with a small army unless your talking about players that have been playing for yeeaaars and grinded massively, even then you would need multiple year or older grinders just to grab a couple bears? Seems massively unbalanced due to the range and the damage at range. If the range was reduced, the health and damage would be more deal-able, if you get hit, its your own fault and you take a heavy damage hit to learn, thats perfectly fine, but the problem is that there is no way to out-range or hit a bear without being massively smacked back, it means the 9-12 damage you or your tribe mates are doing with 80 vhq shovels is a joke when the bear can heal at 2-3 times the rate we can heal, any damage we could do over time, would just be healed/buffed out so we will always take more damage then is manageable or avoidable, since theres no dodge and the bear out ranges us, this makes the bear a unhuntable animal now.. this kinda makes me sad since I used to hunt alot of bears, even alone I could take anything from 150-225 solo, but the added ageging is making things from 250 to 300+ with too much "range" and since "everything" ages faster now, you cant even find 150-200hp bears anymore, they're all 250hp at least, most are around the 290hp range (4meters 38dmg at 290hp)

TL;DR
    Moar animals great
    Ageing needs to be taken a look at, makes some animals insanely more powerful then used to be, making previously unthreatning things monsters and previously huntable animals like bears, unhuntable.
    Last edited by GreenSpade; 06-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.

All of my feedback is from the East South-East map edge (zone 743 and surrounding).

Bears

Bears were too weak before, I can't tell a huge difference but these end game animals should not be hunted by players with less than 6 months of playtime in groups smaller than 2 or 3. I struggled to kill bears solo before the patch as I do not use the traditional slope or trap in rocks methods to fight them. I was also very put off that players were soloing bears with less than 3 months of playtime. If they are stronger now because of aging then I think they are perfect. I think this is a good thing in the long run as nerfing creatures like bears is unnecessary. If you don't want to die, don't feed the bears.

Raccoons
    Raccoons are still easy for me to fight so I have no ability to provide good feedback there. However, I don't see why one animal that patrols medium difficulty areas being powerful enough to kill new players is a problem. The game needs some elements of danger.

Cats and Dogs
    It is raining cats and dogs in the east. I kill more than I care to in a day and that's just to keep the groups from forming packs and hunting me. I love that they are slower, I can kill them without chasing them 100 meters for the last hit.

Coyotes
    Coyotes in the east ARE forming packs and hunting me. I have had as many as 8 chasing me though my camp as I don't have completed walls and prefer not too. But I may have to if attendance doesn't improve.

Mutants
    There are a fair number of mutants near me. Please don't take that as an invitation to come and hunt my area. But I kill a few mutant small game each week and I see larger mutants that I can't solo without exploiting. If I see newbs near me hunting, I will assume you exploit and hunt you.

Aging
    I love the aging changes, as DDT has reported, animals are quickly reaching middle age (.4 to .6) and then stopping. That's fine with me.

Server Crashes
    The last three or four play sessions for me have all ended due to server crashes. IMO that's too many even for Xsyon and I've reduced my playtime because of it. Not sure if this is being addresses, but I would have to assume that you are already working on this.

Overall
    I think the changes are just about what the server needed. There are locations reporting poor game populations so that will still need tweaking.

But overall I can't express enough my thanks. My close tribe friends (Meep, Qronos, Erineyes) all quit the game due to the animal issues so I am now solo with occasional help from a couple members. But I think that even though the fixes came too late, they will be happy if I can talk them into playing again. I know that time is valuable and I hope that you will soon be able to move on to other aspects of development. This patch has fixed the gaping holes but you will never make everyone happy. I would love to see tribe decay, cooking and farming rather than micromanagement of animals hit points or aging.

^Nezdar your coyote problem is other peoples coon problem, the one 160+ hp isnt so bad but when you get 3-5 of them its kinda overpowering for some tribes I've trading with. The coyotes pose more of a threat as they can actually run at a decent speed, as they should. For sure the thing to note here is the gang factor added WITH the ageing is making the overall experience alot harder since things are rarely alone and they're much stronger(hit/range) then before due to ageing.

I watched a new hunter I brought with me attack a marmot and he got mob'd by 5 of them. When you add stupid range and damage into the mix with some of the larger ones it makes a hunters job kinda hard if you want anything serious, your main targets become forced at the small to mid ones, dogs and cats for infinity.

Now if we had some "Food" or some "Medicine" that greatly speeds up healing over time, or healed in x amount of large "ticks" over x time, or even a instant heal, fighting one of these monster 300hp bears with 4 meters range wouldnt seem bad anymore, since we would have a way to cope with the damage it was outputting, verse just eating hits and being forced to rest over time. A Medicine man skill could be cool too, could have it as an active to heal someone, and/or you could have it as a new craft that makes medical items. This would alow us to fight things like these shadow bears of 400-800 hps, without it being in the center of your base, or near your base, so you can just repeatedly throw yourself up agenst it and die with your tribemates till it is dead... the komakazi methoid doesnt seem like the way you should do it.

Another idea would be to give us some new weapons. Like a pike/lance/jav/sharpstick or even bow and arrows. Now I understand bows and arrows may be a bit far in a leap for you guys atm with projectiles, but a higher ranged weapon would alow us to fight these larger monsters without dying multiple times to do, since I feel that dying repeatedly isnt the way you should be hunting animals

Thread locked for now. I will open a new Creature Feedback thread with the next round of changes on the Test Server.