Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Major issues I see so far:
    • Lack of mutants of all types
    • Of the mutants major lack of larger mutants (bear, deer, coyote, coons etc)
    • Larger animals seem to attack further than expected (not aggression but reach)
    • Small animals (like rabbits chickens etc) have too many hit points I've seen a rabbit with 100HP rabbits are one of the weakest types of animals
    • To hard to out run aggressive animals or animals after you started combat.

Minor issues:
    • Animals do not seem to be zoned well. Eg. Few mutants in EXTREME areas, Med Danger level areas with aggressive animals like bear and coyote
    • The # of cats and dogs seems to be very out of place (way to high)
    • Larger animals seem to have to much of a varied range of HP (Bears with 50HP up til 400HP) I believe this should be a little more tighter. Babies could have say 50% max HP, instead of 20% to 25%
    • Unable to tell which direction animals are attacking to parry correctly. (Animations do not match the attacks)
    • Deer are to aggressive in my opinion
    • Babies should be much less aggressive
    • Animals that are aggressive should be called to a battle more often. (If someone is fighting an animal other aggressive animals should hear it and join the fight more often)
    • Small animals seem to still hit to hard. New players with 30 to 70HP have nothing to fight if they cant kill cats, rats, chickens etc. These animals have 50HP or more and hit for 3+ damage per second or 2.

Unable to check breeding/spawn rate after areas have been killed.
    Unable to check growth, as you explained.

Comments on some things about animals I would like.
    Growth:
    There is many ways you have animals growing. I would like to see over time greatly sped up from live server. Slow down growth from killing players (easy to exploit, I would rather see it used for legendary options for animals), and improve how combat growth worked on leveling up animals again. I believe a year ago when this was in (animals going in and out of combat would level them up quickly) was much to fast. However, I think this could be tweaked to be useful in a growth type.
    Breeding/Spawning:
    Breeding system sounds great but I'm not a fan of "nature" breeding. Because it forces hunters/players to not kill animals which they can't stop others from killing them the next day or so. I would rather see breeding when using captured animals (like we do with cows, pigs, chickens etc in real life). And use a spawning system out in the wild. If I kill a bear in the wild a short time later another should spawn or free up for other animal types to spawn. This would cut down the need for so many animals in the world and still limit hunters from wanting to clear the areas of all animals as they would all be babies.
    Resources:
    Hunting/Skinning is a resource and I believe hunting babies should yield less resources, hunting very old animals should yield more. This would help hunters feel rewarded for passing up babies, and rewarded for defeating a great beast of an animal.

I do love the changes so far, I really like that the world on test server feels alive now. (not counting players) I run around and it feels like its moving and not just trees and grass.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 06-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.