Xsyon Citizen

my impression so far

Well i havent really got to do alot in game because of some monitor/game issues but thanks to probably the best dam support/customer service from the people at xsyon they figured it out and my issue should be fixed soon. Having said that from what ive got to do so far i would suggest... (sorry if its been said already)

1- more options for character creation
    hats? gloves?
    clothing mainly even if its the ability to change the color
    of the few pieces there are would help mix it up some.
    maybe more facial options? idk scars etc. if its after the
    world ended it would be cool to have a mutated or a
    genetically deformed looking guy, i know im wierd lol.

2- general movement is smooth, didnt have any lag issues.
    terra forming is prob the only thing i have got to do in game
    but heres what i think might be neat options if anything

- terraforming the direction you are facing. it might be cool
    if when you have the terraforming craft window up maybe a
    slightly noticable icon shows on the ground of exactly how
    much area and where in front of you, you are changing.
    (even if its something like a grid type image? idk)

and as you progress to master you get more options to
    shape larger plots or maybe be able to raise/lower/level
    /clear land sections more than once in one spot without
    having to hit the button each time.

(what i mean is if i want to lower a spot 5 times i have to click it 5 times, well what if/when u get better at the skills you can get abilities to do that same action more than once without clicking it over and over. like if i click lower land and im somewhat experienced i get the option to lower that section of land more than once...maybe 2, 3, 4 , 5, etc. idk a thought

3- tooltips would be the shiznit. because right now as i looked at the UI i was pretty confused not knowing what was what.
    i like the setup/looks and chat setup its nice/clean but something to tell me whats what when i hover over it would be all id need.

maybe someday even kick in a quick/easy tutorial that goes over basic survival/combat, crafting, etc... sandbox games are a blast when u know a little bit about what you need to do to not die lol...and figuring out the rest of the details is the fun part.

Bunch of ramblings im sure, but either way.

Thanks for the help/support and cant wait to try some other things out in the game

Re:my impression so far

Kendu wrote:

[...] when you have the terraforming craft window up maybe a
    This!

pid73 wrote:
    Kendu wrote:

[...] when you have the terraforming craft window up maybe a
    This!
    Double This! I love the terraforming system, but this is it's biggest flaw. IMO if you can straighten that out, you have one system checked off the list as done!

Kendu wrote:
    Well i havent really got to do alot in game because of some monitor/game issues but thanks to probably the best dam support/customer service from the people at xsyon they figured it out and my issue should be fixed soon. Having said that from what ive got to do so far i would suggest... (sorry if its been said already)

1- more options for character creation
    hats? gloves?
    clothing mainly even if its the ability to change the color
    of the few pieces there are would help mix it up some.
    maybe more facial options? idk scars etc. if its after the
    world ended it would be cool to have a mutated or a
    genetically deformed looking guy, i know im wierd lol.

There will be more facial options in the future, at first only optional faces, but in the future possibly individual facial features with which to customize your character. There will most likely be more starting clothes in the future and I will speak to Jooky and see if it will be possible to change the color of starting clothes, though I highly doubt starting clothes are a priority at the moment.

2- general movement is smooth, didnt have any lag issues.
    terra forming is prob the only thing i have got to do in game
    but heres what i think might be neat options if anything

- terraforming the direction you are facing. it might be cool
    if when you have the terraforming craft window up maybe a

and as you progress to master you get more options to
    shape larger plots or maybe be able to raise/lower/level
    /clear land sections more than once in one spot without
    having to hit the button each time.

(what i mean is if i want to lower a spot 5 times i have to click it 5 times, well what if/when u get better at the skills you can get abilities to do that same action more than once without clicking it over and over. like if i click lower land and im somewhat experienced i get the option to lower that section of land more than once...maybe 2, 3, 4 , 5, etc. idk a thought

Currently it is difficult to terraform accurately because the location the result occurs in is offset by a metre. This was a side effect of the work being done on Terraforming during which the developers changed the ground from a 2x2 grid to a 1x1 grid the results of this can also be seen in the bumpy ground, which will be smoothed out soon.

When Terraforming is once again working correctly it will be quite easy to tell where the effects will occur because they will occur on the 1mx1m grid tile your character is standing on.

However in addition to this I spoke to Jooky in regards to highlighting the tile that will currently be affected when the terraforming action is completed. He also agrees that this would be a good addition and would add to the accuracy of Terraforming. As such we will most likely see such a feature in the future.

There will be limits to the height/depth a player can terraform based on the height of surrounding tiles and thus the terraforming skill will determine a players max height or depth when terraforming.

3- tooltips would be the shiznit. because right now as i looked at the UI i was pretty confused not knowing what was what.
    i like the setup/looks and chat setup its nice/clean but something to tell me whats what when i hover over it would be all id need.

maybe someday even kick in a quick/easy tutorial that goes over basic survival/combat, crafting, etc... sandbox games are a blast when u know a little bit about what you need to do to not die lol...and figuring out the rest of the details is the fun part.

The developers have plans to add tool tips to all items, skills and functions in the game, however they are not a huge priority currently.

Im sure there will be some form of tutorial, or at the least a help window explaining the controls and basic game play. Once again however this is not a priority and will be added when more important issues are resolved and the basic features are all enabled and working.

Bunch of ramblings im sure, but either way.

Thanks for the help/support and cant wait to try some other things out in the game

Xsyon Citizen

Thanks for the info!