Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sorry, I realized I kind of sounded like a **** when I typed that up. But thanks for reading my ideas!

Btw, I had a question: Would anything happen if someone was premium and they were inactive for a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord2424 View Post
    Realized that, so that pretty much rendered my mini-speech pointless, lol

EDIT: I just realized I met you in-game! I spawned in your tribe I think. Remember IvanT or scottyg1234?
    Hi IvanT, yes I remember you both talking in local. Welcome to Xsyon. I was going to invite you to tribe but you had already agreed to meet with another tribe leader and I didn't want to Ninja recruit

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord2424 View Post
    Sorry, I realized I kind of sounded like a **** when I typed that up. But thanks for reading my ideas!

Btw, I had a question: Would anything happen if someone was premium and they were inactive for a long time?
    Yes, if you discontinue paying for your subscription your tribe totem will go into a decay phase. It takes about 3 months for total decay I believe. After a time Revenants will spawn. containers will become accessible and eventually the totem will disapear and the buildings will become accessible to anyone. However.... as long as someone in tribe has an active account this won't happen. Or if you come back after a month and re-sub it will reset your tribe back to normal.

The payment model is not disgusting at all. Whats disgusting is a game that says it's free to play, but when you get in game you find there are 30 currencies, and you need special items to craft that can only be bought with 1 or more of 30 different currencies. I have noticed this trend in FTP games, it disgusts me. They try to make everything as confusing as possible so if you want to spend money; you often buy the wrong item because of 1,000,000,000 different forms of in game payment (diamonds,rubies,gold,etc......). A straight 9.99$ payment is much more open and honest than a game that hires psychologists to figure out how to trick people into spending as much money as possible. Don't be a sucker , Put the kool-aid down, don't drink it.
    Last edited by Cromagnon; 07-26-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Crom what are you talking about?

Currencies in game have nothing to do with crafting, in fact they are not needed whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon View Post
    The payment model is not disgusting at all. Whats disgusting is a game that says it's free to play, but when you get in game you find there are 30 currencies, and you need special items to craft that can only be bought with 1 or more of 30 different currencies. I have noticed this trend in FTP games, it disgusts me. They try to make everything as confusing as possible so if you want to spend money; you often buy the wrong item because of 1,000,000,000 different forms of in game payment (diamonds,rubies,gold,etc......). A straight 9.99$ payment is much more open and honest than a game that hires psychologists to figure out how to trick people into spending as much money as possible. Don't be a sucker , Put the kool-aid down, don't drink it.
    Currency is whatever someone uses for a trade, someone may want nails and another may want bolts as a form of payment. The players set what is valuable to them, somethings are commonly used by the players more so than others but that usually comes from what is harder to acquire through scavenging.

Special items to craft? There are no special items that may only be bought with currency, anyone that is working their toolcraft up can and will eventually make just about every tool anyone would need for a craft. If you are not doing toolcrafting then yes, you will need to perform trades with other players or get them from members of your tribe.

Xsyon does not have a set currency for trade between players, that is ran by them. As a player I like that system because it allows me to use any form of item for trades and so, not one single item is king and the market is not cornered by a person or group of individuals.

I believe Cromagnon was complimenting Xsyons business model and criticizing the other FTP type games as he mentioned "They try to make everything as confusing as possible, and "diamonds,rubies,gold,etc" and saying the $9.95 a month (That Xsyon charges) is much more open and honest.

I think you may be right. I can see it now after reading it again, hard to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I believe Cromagnon was complimenting Xsyons business model and criticizing the other FTP type games as he mentioned "They try to make everything as confusing as possible, and "diamonds,rubies,gold,etc" and saying the $9.95 a month (That Xsyon charges) is much more open and honest.
    Indeed he was. The example is from Runes of Magic, which uses a very confusing model.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzym View Post
    Indeed he was. The example is from Runes of Magic, which uses a very confusing model.
    Sorry Chrom for the missunderstanding I had reading your post.

I do however, disagree that a straight X$ monthly payment is best. I think some games that works very well with, I look at many games where paying a monthly fee to play and have all the perks is not really good. However, in Xsyon because of how the game works and changing of the world/land and open PVP. I believe the straight X$ a month works well, with free to play being a limited form of play that if you keep playing over time you would want to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Crom what are you talking about?

Currencies in game have nothing to do with crafting, in fact they are not needed whatsoever.
    I'm talking about some (not all) FTP models. Not Xsyon. Point was; for 9.99$ I get the game. Not a chance for a special item, or a diamond or ruby supply, or turbine points. I just get full access to the game. Easy, straightforward, no BS.