Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    so its enough to pay once for the game and after 1 month prem i must never pay again?
    because i thought you must pay every month to play.

For a totem, and making your own tribe? No.

For removing the skill cap (you are limited to 30 skills, max is 100 in each skill) you would need to have an active sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Pay to play games; LOTR, Vanguard, DAOC, Final Fantasy, Warhammer, Ultima Online, EverQuest, Anarchy Online, DC Universe, WOW, Asheron's Call, PlanetSide, Wurm all $11.95 to $14.95

Xsyon = $9.95

I sense a young person with an entitlement syndrome. NOTHING is free EVER. Why would any business invest years of time and tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to give away their service for free? Item malls aren't Free! In the long run you pay more for games with item malls than with subscription based games or you are limited to the "Free" Version of the game (no shiny stuff). People are easily duped into believing they are getting a better deal, but to get everything out of the game that you would get with a subscription you end up paying twice as much or more. I don't play games with item malls and never will.

Bottom line is if you like the game don't you think it's fair you should pay for services rendered?
    LOTRO (free to play), Vanguard ( free to play), DAOC (one server game now), Final Fantasy 14 (going free to play soon), Warhammer (down to 2 servers, also tier 1 free to play), Ultima Online (free to play now), Everquest (free to play), Anarchy online (free to play), DC universe (free to play), WOW ( free to play 1-20), Asherons call (is down to a select few servers but this game is an exception of one of the first few MMOs ever), Planetside 2 (free to play), Wurm ONLINe (free to play).

bottom line. if they made the purchase of the game like $10 and made the monthly at $5 I know i would consider playing this unfinished game. I know a lot of poeple who would of done it. But $10 a month on an unfinished game isnt worht it on it a dead world. I mean its dead. really dead. combat is not really good.. the building will be fun for awhile but then what? the game isnt finished. And if they want to make money its better to make $5 then 0.

Quote Originally Posted by safgril View Post
    LOTRO (free to play), Vanguard ( free to play), DAOC (one server game now), Final Fantasy 14 (going free to play soon), Warhammer (down to 2 servers, also tier 1 free to play), Ultima Online (free to play now), Everquest (free to play), Anarchy online (free to play), DC universe (free to play), WOW ( free to play 1-20), Asherons call (is down to a select few servers but this game is an exception of one of the first few MMOs ever), Planetside 2 (free to play), Wurm ONLINe (free to play).
    LOTR, WOW, Vanguard, UO etc etc All have item malls or "Free play with restriction". As I said, Xsyon already has FREE to play with restrictions, and Wurm just increased their subscription fee, none of those are truly free.

You want another "Pay to Win" Game with item malls? No thanks. $9.95 is the price of a lunch or a movie or 1/10 of most people cell phone bill. Sack a lunch one day and play Xsyon for a whole month. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by safgril View Post

bottom line. if they made the purchase of the game like $10 and made the monthly at $5 I know i would consider playing this unfinished game. I know a lot of poeple who would of done it. But $10 a month on an unfinished game isnt worht it on it a dead world. I mean its dead. really dead. combat is not really good.. the building will be fun for awhile but then what? the game isnt finished. And if they want to make money its better to make $5 then 0.
    Bottom line, Better to make 10$ than 5$ or 0$.

You just listed all those "Free to Play" that have the same restrictions as Xsyon. Wurm Online = Free to play with capped stats/skills at 20, Max is 100. Xsyon, Free to play with capped skills at 30, max is 100.
    This is very very clearly the same model. Not sure what you are talking about. I can break down the others but pretty much the same deal for all of them. As others and Willowhawk just said. ALL those games that are "Free to play" have restrictions that is the same or much like Xsyon's.

People keep talking about the price, when it has little to nothing to do with it. Its about retention. The % of people that buy and play Xsyon then quit is extremely high, they are quitting for a reason or for many reasons.

Xsyon Citizen
    First of all I find nothing wrong with the pricing strategy of Xsyon. Its good value for a good price (IHMO). Some believe that a T-Shirt should sell at 5$ (or 2$ - there are shops out there where you can get a deal like that) - at the same time there are shops that sell T-Shirts at 35$, 60$ or even more. Still its all about T-Shirts, you can compare them - anyhow it is your choice as a customer if you want it or not.

The start box price should be adapted to include more months - IMHO.
    I guess: either you get hooked by the game (then you will play it atleast for 6 months - develop your char and tribe) or you do not like it after a very short period. You can try Xsyon before hand anyway - so if you like it the package should include more than 1 month to be competitive and reduce the initial hurdle to buy - (all IMHO).

This model will fail, because nothing that you own in a Sandbox Crafting MMORPG is certain. Therefore if you stop playing for a few years and return, most likely everything you worked for is now gone. So what's the point of ever coming back when you spent all that money on monthly fees and it couldn't even save your progress. Take for example an regular MMORPG, the only thing that matters is your character and your items. Both your character and your items are stored and you'll get it back whenever you return to the game. However in Xsyon, there is much more to this game than characters and items. Before you know it, your whole city can be gone. It's fun gameplay, but horrible for a monthly subscription. Find a way to make money off of cosmetics, it's the only free to play model that works. Restrictions just make people angry, so it's best to not have it at all.
    Last edited by trenixdecease; 07-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.

If you let your sub slip you go down to 30 in skills but if you login regularly you can keep your tribe from going down. So basically you can keep all your gear, skills, and items by simply logging in once a month "without a sub". What games allow you to do that?

Its not even once a month, its once every 2 months. If all you care about is your totem its once every 3 months.

Also in Xsyon you can log off with 1090 stacks of items. 90 slots for your pouches and bin on your back + 20 (20x50 = 1000) slot cart = 1090
    Which will allow you to keep ALL your stats, and 1090 STACKS of items unlimited amount of time. Not counting you could make a free account give them a cart and load them up and log off also so you can store unlimited items, unlimited amount of time.

How many games does this for you? I'm sorry to say but Xsyon does a great job at protecting people and their tribes. If you are in a large tribe and you quit the game for 2+ months and your whole tribe quits for 2+ months, I would expect everything to be gone also. I know of no other game that allows you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Find a way to make money off of cosmetics, it's the only free to play model that works. Restrictions just make people angry, so it's best to not have it at all.

So all those games like WOW and stuff that have a monthly sub, are not "working"? Subscription models work just fine, and I happen to like them better than some free to play game where you have kids running around all day.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 07-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Only a handful will actually pay a subscription.
    I actually hope this is the case...weeds out the d-bagging griefers....