Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    If you let your sub slip you go down to 30 in skills but if you login regularly you can keep your tribe from going down. So basically you can keep all your gear, skills, and items by simply logging in once a month "without a sub". What games allow you to do that?
    I don’t see how this little trick is a good thing. If anything, as a subscriber I would be a little annoyed that because someone paid for one month, he is capable of keeping his tribe. This is exactly why these kinds of things just don’t work. Besides, MANY people have other things to do. Like for example, I’m moving and who knows how long it’ll take me to settle down and play some Xsyon. It just doesn’t work well with this type of game.

Compare Wurm Online to Minecraft and notice which model was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Its not even once a month, its once every 2 months. If all you care about is your totem its once every 3 months.

Also in Xsyon you can log off with 1090 stacks of items. 90 slots for your pouches and bin on your back + 20 (20x50 = 1000) slot cart = 1090
    Which will allow you to keep ALL your stats, and 1090 STACKS of items unlimited amount of time. Not counting you could make a free account give them a cart and load them up and log off also so you can store unlimited items, unlimited amount of time.

How many games does this for you? I'm sorry to say but Xsyon does a great job at protecting people and their tribes. If you are in a large tribe and you quit the game for 2+ months and your whole tribe quits for 2+ months, I would expect everything to be gone also. I know of no other game that allows you to do that.

So all those games like WOW and stuff that have a monthly sub, are not "working"? Subscription models work just fine, and I happen to like them better than some free to play game where you have kids running around all day.
    Very few MMORPGs survived with the buy to play then pay to play model. This is why most became free to play or close down their servers. Besides, while this game may be considered an MMORPG, but’s also a Crafting MMO where all your progress could disappear very easily. It’s hard enough to get people to play a game with this model, because I seriously couldn’t convince any of my friends to do it. Now if I told them they could lose their progress overtime if they don’t play, they’d laugh at me.
    Last edited by trenixdecease; 07-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.

hmm interesting, I didn't think about people that quit with over 30 points in their skills, I agree that this needs to be looked at for people that want to take some sort of extended break from the game. As I do the same thing, I take breaks from games to work on something else in my life or whatnot. Being punished for taking a break seems, well heartless....this should change I think, maybe do something in the effect of being able to lock your account into "vacation" mode, which allows you to freeze all of your skills, but you are unable to access your account and play it for a month.

As far as items are concerned, I agree with the 1090 slot thingy, I mean honestly; you're not going to know what you want to do when you come back from the game 2 years from now, hence you're not going to know what items you're going to need.

When you run out of premium play time, your skills go down to 30 if they were above. When you add premium play time to the account they go back to their original state.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    When you run out of premium play time, your skills go down to 30 if they were above. When you add premium play time to the account they go back to their original state.
    well then....no complaints from me then...good to know...thanks for the info Guidehael

Anytime,

~Guidehael

I like the game and not realy expansiv in my opinion.
    What i miss are alternativ Pay options like direct Debit
    cause i forgot wich mail and passwort i used some years ago and cant use paypal >.<

(im not sure if the information would help but this is the service that Dragons Prophet use to loot my money
    billingpartner.com/
    i already spend 35$ for a few dragon slots and realy feeld pillaged.)

ehmmmm, that all should just say xsyon is the money worth

I think I figured out the perfect business model:

Most people aren't willing to subscribe to a game unless they're confident that they're going to like it. But with few videos on the game, it's hard to tell how much flexibility you get with creating your villages and such. People would want to try it first hand then considering it says play free. But, free accounts aren't allowed to do that. Since they're not sure how that element of gameplay is, they don't feel too confident in subscribing to play this game, and may end up become uninterested entirely.

So, what if you got a free few days of premium (3-7) from when you first activate your account? Then people would get to experience how the game truly is when you subscribe. But when that trial period is up, they'll feel that they didn't get to play enough, and they loved what they played. Now they're confident that what they just played is a great game, and will most likely subscribe.

But even if they are confident, $30 is a little high. In that case, I'd say just drop it down to $20. I know that's a lot to ask, but if you think about it, it would only be temporary. This game doesn't have a very large player-base yet. With a lower price however, more people would be tempted to put down the money for this game. Therefore, you guys would gain more players more rapidly. If I recall, you guys said that there will be different phases of this game. So, you guys could just drop the price to $20 for the 1st phase. Then, by the 2nd phase, you guys will have a more solid player-base. More players = more YouTubers. More YouTubers = More videos. More videos = More people who heard about the game. Basically by the 2nd phase, people would have already heard about the game. Since there would be a lot of videos about the game, people would be more confident of what they're getting into. Anyway, that would mean by the 2nd phase you would be able to raise up the price again. If you don't know what I mean, then let me try to make myself more clear. When people have no idea what this game is, they won't be too sure about it. But when the game is more established, they'll be more confident in it.

SHORT VERSION:
    -Add a trial for premium
    -Drop price of game long enough to gain a solid player-base

PS: Thank you so much for making this game! I've been looking for a game like this forever!

PSS: Not really a business model, but suggestions to make this one work

The reason trail accounts are not allowed to drop totems and build is because everything you do in Xsyon is permanent. Therefore what you would end up with is destroyed land as far as the eye can see because every free player would take a shovel to the land but not stay long enough to create anything but a giant dirt holes and strip the land of it's resources like scraps which are finite. Trial players can join a tribe and if the tribe allows they can build and do everything premium players can do

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord2424 View Post
    I*snip

SHORT VERSION:
    -Add a trial for premium
    -Drop price of game long enough to gain a solid player-base

PS: Thank you so much for making this game! I've been looking for a game like this forever!

PSS: Not really a business model, but suggestions to make this one work
    The game price was reduced only a few months ago, totem placement by free players is something I believe will be looked at once terrain reversion is done and on main. That alone will solve the permanent mess someone could potentially leave if they just drop totem, play around, and then leave as some people are worried might happen. I know that a shorter time frame would be needed to remove abandoned totems by f2p, two weeks should be plenty of time for a free player to keep a tribe active and possibly a reduced size than 25m? This can all be looked at and decided upon once Xsyon has terrain reversion and determines this is a priority over what he has planned for the coming months.

Realized that, so that pretty much rendered my mini-speech pointless, lol

EDIT: I just realized I met you in-game! I spawned in your tribe I think. Remember IvanT or scottyg1234?
    Last edited by WarLord2424; 07-17-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Remembered something