Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you think about binding totems?

For all our ideas and events we need a GM for teleporting players back to the playground!
    Is it not better to give the GM a "BINDING TOTEM" were all the player can bind her char on those "BINDING TOTEM"
    Then all our Ideas we can start to any time without a GM.

Or give all the players a SECOND CHANCE to bind her Char on a SECOND TRIBE!

please Jordi give us such a instrument!..ITS A MILESTONE FOR A SANDBOXGAME AND THE PLAYER CREATED CONTENT!

Greetings Whorlok

Who controls and places these totems ? players or guides? otherwise yeah it would be nice to not NEED a guide to do a PLAYER run event. Odds are though this will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Who controls and places these totems ? players or guides? otherwise yeah it would be nice to not NEED a guide to do a PLAYER run event. Odds are though this will never happen.
    VERSION 1"BINDING TOTEMS": From the guides if a player wanted start a permanent event
    VERSION 2 : Player can bind on a other tribe for respawn

The idea whorlok has is that we get a function to bind on others tribe totems for example. No need for becoming member of that tribe, just bind at their totem.
    Should be not that complicated to program i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Whorlok View Post
    For all our ideas and events we need a GM for teleporting players back to the playground!
    Is it not better to give the GM a "BINDING TOTEM" were all the player can bind her char on those "BINDING TOTEM"
    Then all our Ideas we can start to any time without a GM.

Or give all the players a SECOND CHANCE to bind her Char on a SECOND TRIBE!

please Jordi give us such a instrument!..ITS A MILESTONE FOR A SANDBOXGAME AND THE PLAYER CREATED CONTENT!

Greetings Whorlok
    I agree this would probably generate a higher attendance for events, but we could also easily exploit it by death-porting our toon between two locations to shuttle items back and forth without a need for a cart, the foot travel and the danger from getting eaten by a bear. Beam me up, Scotty.
    Last edited by Crokus; 06-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crokus View Post
    I agree this would probably generate a higher attendance for events, but we could also easily exploit it by death-porting our toon between two locations to shuttle items back and forth without a need for a cart, the foot travel and the danger from getting eaten by a bear. Beam me up, Scotty.
    The death port exploit could be remedied with a death penalty which most games have and I believe is coming to Xsyon eventually. Then if people use it they do so knowing it comes with a cost.

You can death port to and from your tribe already so it really wouldent change much.

Xsyon Citizen
    What about the following method:

Bind at a different totem (clan or event totem) - if you die you will spawn there - if you unbind from this totem you will be "rebound" to your home totem again.

In this way the death travel availability will not be changed - because you as a player can not "choose" where to spawn.
    And for hunting trips / events etc. it would be most useful!

Architectural element would be nice for that.

I hope this never becomes reality. Die must have a negative effect and you need to be regenerate at your own tribe totem. I don't like when a pvp enemy respon next to my tribe because he like to.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post

Bind at a different totem (clan or event totem) - if you die you will spawn there - if you unbind from this totem you will be "rebound" to your home totem again.

In this way the death travel availability will not be changed - because you as a player can not "choose" where to spawn.

its also a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post