Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do you think about binding totems?

For all our ideas and events we need a GM for teleporting players back to the playground!
    Is it not better to give the GM a "BINDING TOTEM" were all the player can bind her char on those "BINDING TOTEM"
    Then all our Ideas we can start to any time without a GM.

Or give all the players a SECOND CHANCE to bind her Char on a SECOND TRIBE!

please Jordi give us such a instrument!..ITS A MILESTONE FOR A SANDBOXGAME AND THE PLAYER CREATED CONTENT!

Greetings Whorlok

Who controls and places these totems ? players or guides? otherwise yeah it would be nice to not NEED a guide to do a PLAYER run event. Odds are though this will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Who controls and places these totems ? players or guides? otherwise yeah it would be nice to not NEED a guide to do a PLAYER run event. Odds are though this will never happen.
    VERSION 1"BINDING TOTEMS": From the guides if a player wanted start a permanent event
    VERSION 2 : Player can bind on a other tribe for respawn

The idea whorlok has is that we get a function to bind on others tribe totems for example. No need for becoming member of that tribe, just bind at their totem.
    Should be not that complicated to program i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Whorlok View Post
    For all our ideas and events we need a GM for teleporting players back to the playground!
    Is it not better to give the GM a "BINDING TOTEM" were all the player can bind her char on those "BINDING TOTEM"
    Then all our Ideas we can start to any time without a GM.

Or give all the players a SECOND CHANCE to bind her Char on a SECOND TRIBE!

please Jordi give us such a instrument!..ITS A MILESTONE FOR A SANDBOXGAME AND THE PLAYER CREATED CONTENT!

Greetings Whorlok
    I agree this would probably generate a higher attendance for events, but we could also easily exploit it by death-porting our toon between two locations to shuttle items back and forth without a need for a cart, the foot travel and the danger from getting eaten by a bear. Beam me up, Scotty.
    Last edited by Crokus; 06-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crokus View Post
    I agree this would probably generate a higher attendance for events, but we could also easily exploit it by death-porting our toon between two locations to shuttle items back and forth without a need for a cart, the foot travel and the danger from getting eaten by a bear. Beam me up, Scotty.
    The death port exploit could be remedied with a death penalty which most games have and I believe is coming to Xsyon eventually. Then if people use it they do so knowing it comes with a cost.

You can death port to and from your tribe already so it really wouldent change much.

Xsyon Citizen
    What about the following method:

Bind at a different totem (clan or event totem) - if you die you will spawn there - if you unbind from this totem you will be "rebound" to your home totem again.

In this way the death travel availability will not be changed - because you as a player can not "choose" where to spawn.
    And for hunting trips / events etc. it would be most useful!

Architectural element would be nice for that.

I hope this never becomes reality. Die must have a negative effect and you need to be regenerate at your own tribe totem. I don't like when a pvp enemy respon next to my tribe because he like to.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    What about the following method:

Bind at a different totem (clan or event totem) - if you die you will spawn there - if you unbind from this totem you will be "rebound" to your home totem again.

In this way the death travel availability will not be changed - because you as a player can not "choose" where to spawn.
    And for hunting trips / events etc. it would be most useful!

Architectural element would be nice for that.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
    I hope this never becomes reality. Die must have a negative effect and you need to be regenerate at your own tribe totem. I don't like when a pvp enemy respon next to my tribe because he like to.
    Agreed that would be bad. However, I expect that a "full attack" launch in Xsyon would be performed like that:
    Place "Attack tribe totem" near to the tribe that is being attacked.
    Set upkeep in that totem for stats increase.
    Invite all players into that "Attack tribe" that want to participate in that attack.
    --- Attack until victory (or what ever)
    Dissolve Attack tribe.

Any player with more than 1 account can setup something like that.