Bins and bundles left on the ground, deforestation...

Hi,

I am a new player and so far i have spend only up to 12 hours in game.

I would like this comment on my experience so far to be taken as constructive criticism.

I have explored the map around the lake to the extension of around 8 Zones only to find massive amounts of litter (bins and bundles left on the ground), log piles and big dirt patches where i suspect it used to be grass field.

I read in the world chat players mentioning every 5 minutes that this game is full loot, however the extent of the looting is limited to pick pocket the body of a dead player, as all the other litter spread around is locked for the player and/or tribe/friends.

According to the manual those abandoned bins and bundles are only accessible to others if the owner does not login in 60 real days.

To me, this does not make any sense, that stuff left behind, outside tribe boundaries is not accessible to others, with the obvious result of the littering of a beautiful landscape, deforestation and abuse of resources.

I have many more questions and comments regarding this game, which i am intrigued about, but i will put them one at the time.

Cheers.

If they are OUTSIDE a tribal area, they are free to loot and cant be locked.

I hope that clears that up.

Hi MrDDT,

According to the manual you are absolutely correct, however i am pretty sure i have tried to open other players locked containers outside tribal areas and was not able to. I will try again tonight to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Apalaxe View Post
    Hi MrDDT,

According to the manual you are absolutely correct, however i am pretty sure i have tried to open other players locked containers outside tribal areas and was not able to. I will try again tonight to make sure.
    I travel extensively and can tell you they are not locked if they are on public land. My guess is you probably didn't notice that you were still on, or just walked onto tribe land. It's easy to do since some tribes don't even have any structures, or they are so big you don't see the actual camp.

Hi,

As promised, last night i explored a bit more and came across some more bins outside tribal areas (not in tribal area according to minimap information); i was able to open them.

However right clicking the menu gives the information that the bin is locked, that is where my confusion started.

Thank you all for you clarification in this thread and in global chat.

Thumbs up for an fantastic community.

Cheers

Right clicking shouldn't tell you whether or not a bin, or object is "locked" or any of the permissions. The right or left click is simply selecting it, and your target window will tell you the permissions.

When you own the bin you can set permissions for who can open and who can pick up and carry (friend, family, tribe, etc)
    Off tribe land and its FFA. (: