Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback Request - Resource Patch I

We are testing the release candidate build of the upcoming Resource Patch on the Test Server.

Specifically we are testing:
    • Scavenging distribution.
    • Sorting from old and new bundles.

If any incorrect or blank resources are found please post here.

Resources
    • Regional distribution of scavenged and sorted resources.
    • Increased chance of rare resources in high danger areas.
    • Scavenging skill increases chance to find rare resources.
    • Weights of items revised and balanced.
    • Armor bonuses added to feathers.
    • Armor bonuses added to tree resources.
    • Armor bonuses added to crafted components and creature resources missing bonuses.
    • Increased amount of guts from innards.
    • Decreased chance of failed scavenging on scrap piles.
    • Revised quality of scavenged items found.

Interface
    • Rarity of material on items indicated by the text color of the item's name.
    • Spelling on leather craft tools corrected.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed needles and leaves so that they work in armor schemes.

The main change is a new resource distribution system. This system allows us to adjust scavenging and sorting drops for each region in a much easier, balanced visual manner. The distribution of scavenged items has been fully revised to be more regional and we will continue to revise over time if needed. From now on, doing so will be a simple task.

Notes: 2013.08.12
    The Test Server has been updated to correct some minor issues.

Color on tooltip item names should denote rarity of the material only. (For example, type of metal, cloth, or plastic).

Color on tooltip item names should remain consistent and not change between white and color.
    Last edited by XsyonMaster; 08-12-2013 at 02:30 PM.

I'm still messing around, but its going good so far.. found this:
    Some items label will change color if you keep right clicking them. (brass short metal pole and lace fern so far).
    I've not gotten many rare items by 'pulling' from the resource window. Way better chances by using resource skill.

The only issue I see so far is that the color of the rare items changes. Mouseover when you first pick it up and it is blue. Mouseover again and it is white. I had one item change from purple to green. For some reason the color is not persisting.

Only got to test it for about an hour or so before the server came down for another update, but here are the first things I saw.

1)I'm not sure what the colors are denoting. It looks like the rarity of the material (metal or plastic etc) but also seems to be sometimes the rarity of the item (Like Old Saw Blade, or Hoe Head are both Blue). I'm not sure currently what they are going to do for people. I love the idea but doesnt seem to be put into the game correctly for a usefulness.

2)Getting WAY to many high quality items. I did over 300 scavs, and I was getting about 30% 100QL. My lowest QL was 94. Clearly this is messed up. I don't even have 100 scav (granted its 99.9, but none of the other resource skills work like this, they all require 100 skill before getting 100QL) I would like to see this changed, 100QL was good before, it should be rare.

3)Area based mats, look like they are still using the OLD area tables. When I say old I mean 1 year old borders. Meaning when I change from say Pioneer to Keys (Both new areas) I'm still in the old "South" area scav table. This makes it very hard for new players (Really cant call them new when its over a year old system) to understand where these borders are, they should match the current in game "area" listed at the top of the mini map.

4)Extreme, Low, Medium etc All seem to yield the same chance to get rare items, or so close I couldnt notice in the 60ish scavs per area. I found purples in low (I found the most inside my tribal area btw which is also low and should be the worst according to the rules of scavin) med and extreme, none were really major difference.

Anyways, please keep us updated, thats my views and findings so far. Looking forward to more patches and updates.

Test Server
    I have scav 100, Perception 92, Int 92, Resource 82. While scavenging in 902,903,904, and 864 I never saw anything above Premium 94. With this patch I find far fewer recipes than I usually find currently on Live. I find mostly VHQ 89 or less. I did find 3 saws - 1 VHQ 89 and two HQ. I also found the normal amount of spades that I usually find VHQ. On three separate occasions (Log-ins) I found 2 or 3 saws and 3 spades. I want to know the area's BY NUMBER where MR DDT is finding all of this great scrap. I hear talk of loot tables - it's meaningless to me if I don't know what is supposed to be in each zone. I only found 12 small plates in 1 find Premium 94 in 902. I keep finding tons of arch stuff which I get rid of quickly. I find nothing even more with this patch.

I suggest taking the quality and attributes OFF of item's meant for Architect building materials. Quality means nothing for their recipes.

Leathercraft recipes are still incorrect. PIONEERS'S Leather Tool should be PIONEER'S Leather Tool.

Resource Pulling - In 864 I never saw above Premium 94 for any bundle. 75% of all sorts resulted in VHQ 89 or less. No Small Plates.

In 904- Almost same results except found 2 small plates VHQ 88 from a Premium 94 pull bundle. I tried to sort a bundle I found on a pile and got a message I dont have permission.

The only thing I saw with a colored background were beer tabs and bottle caps - both had a green background
    Last edited by Rudder; 08-12-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Hello fairly new to the game but hopped on test server to try it out. Only noticed one thing I harvested Patched Leather and something labeled Pleather not positive its a typo as I am not that familiar but thought I would post it just in case. Love the fact that I get the message telling what I scaved great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    Test Server
    I have scav 100, Perception 92, Int 92, Resource 82. While scavenging in 902,903,904, and 864 I never saw anything above Premium 94. With this patch I find far fewer recipes than I usually find currently on Live. I find mostly VHQ 89 or less. I did find 3 saws - 1 VHQ 89 and two HQ. I also found the normal amount of spades that I usually find VHQ. On three separate occasions (Log-ins) I found 2 or 3 saws and 3 spades. I want to know the area's BY NUMBER where MR DDT is finding all of this great scrap. I hear talk of loot tables - it's meaningless to me if I don't know what is supposed to be in each zone. I only found 12 small plates in 1 find Premium 94 in 902. I keep finding tons of arch stuff which I get rid of quickly. I find nothing even more with this patch.

I suggest taking the quality and attributes OFF of item's meant for Architect building materials. Quality means nothing for their recipes.

Leathercraft recipes are still incorrect. PIONEERS'S Leather Tool should be PIONEER'S Leather Tool.

Resource Pulling - In 864 I never saw above Premium 94 for any bundle. 75% of all sorts resulted in VHQ 89 or less. No Small Plates.

In 904- Almost same results except found 2 small plates VHQ 88 from a Premium 94 pull bundle. I tried to sort a bundle I found on a pile and got a message I dont have permission.

The only thing I saw with a colored background were beer tabs and bottle caps - both had a green background
    INT has no effect on Scav, so no need to list that, you need to look at CHA and PER both of mine are over 110. Its likely you were finding lower QL stuff due to your low CHA however, not knowing your CHA I cant say for sure. Before this patch, you had to have 100+ in both stats and 100 in scav to get 100 QL items. This is how it works for other resource gathering skills (not counting getting dirt, and foraged items).

I did this across 8 zones. Starting in 739 going south, then east. Not sure why you think it is "great" scrap when only the QL is really the thing I listed.
    Which QL on a knob doesnt do crap when knobs are not used.

The colors on the background are not what denote rare/uncommon etc. Its the color of the text of the name of the item.

charm was 45. I'm finding I'm bugged across the board. 18 months ago I was finding different stuff with scav 100. now, all of my stats are screwed up so I'm going to re-roll and start over. even though a toolcrafter of 100, I'm having problems getting recipes in general. When i left i was TC 100, woodworker 100, logging 100, scav 100, forage 100. When I came back logging had dropped to 93; other skills stayed the same, but most recipes were gone.

Btw, with your high skills DDT, quit saying the QL drop rate is too high. Few have your skills, and everyone else needs the chance to find the stuff.

This supposed to be feedback on a patch.

I saw no text color changes.

Edited: Personal attacks.
    Last edited by GuideHael; 08-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    charm was 45. I'm finding I'm bugged across the board. 18 months ago I was finding different stuff with scav 100. now, all of my stats are screwed up so I'm going to re-roll and start over. even though a toolcrafter of 100, I'm having problems getting recipes in general. When i left i was TC 100, woodworker 100, logging 100, scav 100, forage 100. When I came back logging had dropped to 93; other skills stayed the same, but most recipes were gone.

Btw, with your high skills DDT, quit saying the QL drop rate is too high. Few have your skills, and everyone else needs the chance to find the stuff.

This supposed to be feedback on a patch.

I saw no text color changes.
    You shouldn't re-roll just to change your stats, they gave 4 stat changes in the last patch. Simply click the plus key near your last hotkey.

My skill is high, as are my stats. But finding only 94+ QL items and 30% of them are at 100QL will make supreme and premium extremely common. It's not hard to get 100+ stats with suits of armor. You can start or change your stats to 90, and simply wear a suit of armor with the right bonus, not counting the fact you can get a +4 tribe bonus. I could wear rev gear (found armor not even crafted) to get that.

Edited: Removed comment to what I removed from prior post and quote.
    Last edited by GuideHael; 08-12-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Edited calling out and quote from prior post I modified.

spent a bit of time on the test server today

I was able to get on the test server for a bit to test out the changes. I am excited by what I saw, scavenging is very enjoyable and I think that the changes in the rarity of items is very good. I am mildly concerned with the high amount of currency that I was able to pull, because this may deflate the value of currency.

very excited that master basketry sets will now be craft able.

I Did not have time to find any old pulled scav to sort but sorted new pulls and they seemed good to me.

I tested some of the hunting aspects about a week back and the bone drops seemed very high to me i was able to pull 40+ small bones from animals with 50ish hunting skill I didn't get a chance to test it out tonight please disregard disregard this if changes have been made recently.

Overall I am enjoying the changes. Thank you for all your hard work.

-ShortSam-