Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re:NPC clarification question

Cunk wrote:
    Is there only one golf club or have you found different sizes?
    Currently I have only found 1 type and it is not stackable. So far I have only found 1 weapon that would obviously require the golf club to craft it.

Golf clubs are very common. The other night, out of the first 6 items I scavenged, 5 of them were golf clubs. Could just be my skill is high enough to scavenge discarded items and thus just picking up the same clubs over and over just to throw them away again. lol.

The US dollar was in fact based on gold untill the 1970's when the government passed an act that changed it because gold prices were getting harder to control.

Originally the papaer gold and silver notes could be redeemed for gold and silver, although they eventually put a stop to it.

The point being, that unless a currency is based on something of value then it is worthless.

If someone walked up to you and handed you a round rock with a dot on it and told you it was worth alot, would you believe them? What is his estimation based off of? What does the rock represent to gain it's value?

I could see tribes having their own inner tribe currencies, but for the most part, trading will be done on the barter system because any type of currency will be worthless.

If you were in a wasteland and were trying to survive, wouldn't you rather have something you can use instead of just some paper that is probably more usefull as a firestarter than currency?

Shrimps wrote:
    [quote]The US dollar was in fact based on gold untill the 1970's when the government passed an act that changed it because gold prices were getting harder to control.

Originally the papaer gold and silver notes could be redeemed for gold and silver, although they eventually put a stop to it.

The point being, that unless a currency is based on something of value then it is worthless./quote]

It's after 1970, and the USD is not based on gold anymore; These dollars are worthless. :blink: I can't believe the government accepts these to pay taxes, driving up demand unnecessarily.

Shrimps wrote:
    The US dollar was in fact based on gold untill the 1970's when the government passed an act that changed it because gold prices were getting harder to control.

The point being, that unless a currency is based on something of value then it is worthless.

If someone walked up to you and handed you a round rock with a dot on it and told you it was worth alot, would you believe them? What is his estimation based off of? What does the rock represent to gain it's value?

I could see tribes having their own inner tribe currencies, but for the most part, trading will be done on the barter system because any type of currency will be worthless.

If you were in a wasteland and were trying to survive, wouldn't you rather have something you can use instead of just some paper that is probably more usefull as a firestarter than currency?
    That's exactly my point. ty pointing it out

ATITD uses a "script" for currency. That is no item is worth anything but the quantity they have. Each item is first donated to "the goods" in which people get a credit of "Good Scripts" which can be spent at a later date.

Purchases can either be in goods that they lack (which will give you a high return of Good Scripts, or you can use Good Scripts to buy.

Quite interesting and Im sure complex too.

[url=http://www.landoflyrics.com/thegoods/manifesto.php]The Goods[url], requires even a free demo to ATITD to work correctly.