Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    The Test Server is open for another round of testing. I will run more data tests today. So far the results are consistent and desirable.

If you have any feedback please post!

I tested 3 areas.
    100 scavs each area.

Medium Danger - Meyers
    6% Green
    1% Blue
    0% Purple

High Danger - Horse Meadow
    7% Green
    1% Blue
    0% Purple

Extreme - Big Meadow
    22% Green
    8% Blue
    2% Purple

This is much closer if you using my percents I said I would like it would be effectively this:

Medium danger zone, player with max skill:
    6% Green
    3% Blue
    1.5% Purple

Extreme danger zone, player with max skill:
    18% Green
    9% Blue
    6% Purple
    Last edited by MrDDT; 09-06-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Gruu here...Testing results from an average player doing an average run. 60's in scav/percept/charm

loop from 937/896/856/857 and back. I scaved about 220 times, 1green in 896 and 856, 1 OSB/shovel hed and pick hed from 856/896. all the rest of pulls were whites with only one pull of nails in 896 on the way back. total of 450 currency. all these zones are low danger.

So without doing a true percentage calculation and treating this like a newbie, the amount of uncommon items was i think fair and think they should be found more in higher danger zones. the currency drop rate still seems high but inmy opinion thats due to the current economy and amount of prople able to make higher end goods atm.

I guess in my minds eye if i were a new player not having alot of time to spend scavenging then nails would be hard to find and should drop in all scav piles. again how you see how the game should be played and what im thinkin are 2 different things and if you make it too easy to find all materials well then it would get boring too quick.

Thx for the hard work
    Gruu

My results:
    Low danger -- 10 scavs, nothing special
    Medium danger -- 110 scavs, 10 green, 2 blue, 1 purple
    High danger -- 30 scavs, 3 green

Would have done more high/extreme testing, but did my standard run from big bear to mutant squirrel to coyote pack on the way there.

Purple was a short gold pole, so I guess it's time to open a midget strip club.

Re: The Diminutive Purple Palace of Diversions

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Purple was a short gold pole, so I guess it's time to open a midget strip club.
    In the event you have more than one stage/ pole I'd be happy to donate a short electrum pole, recently scavenged. Please post coords when complete. I'd love to see it. :P

The current distribution was patched to the Main Server today.

I am unable to login once I am past the patcher
    I get the following message
    unable to connect to server: incorrect game version

UPDATE: I uninstalled and reinstalled the gmae that seemed to fix the problem.
    Last edited by jaqknife; 09-10-2013 at 09:33 AM.

next time just delete your xsyon.exe file and repatch, that should fix it.

Back to the very same scav list in Carson Flats with the exception of far fewer recipes dropping. Saw blades are very hard to find, as are wedges. Wedges drop 1 at a time. I saw 1 saw blade in 300 pulls and 1 shovel head plus 1 pick head. 75 Scav/91 Charm. Rare boards and studs both plastic and metal are still dropping here. Plastic other than arch items and poles seldom drop.

I want to give an update on my views of the current scav % of getting uncommon, rare and epic items.

I believe it's still too low to find useful non common items. With the # of extreme areas I think that getting epics is exceedingly hard and near impossible to make more than 1 item a week or 2 out of these types of epics even with someone focused on getting the rares for it.

Another thing of note is I still can't figure out how the areas are split up. It seems I find the areas yielding ALL types of metal, and plastic. So the only change there is in the types of items you find, and again it doesn't seem show drastically enough what types of items are in that area. IE small metal handles would be a type of item. I can see that some areas are more common for these and some likely have none, but the % is so low only talking a minor change from other items in that area. Is this your intent? I was expecting to find areas where say gold was more common in the area, not really changes in handles.

I would expect that extreme areas need to be focused more on which types of metal/plastic/cloth they give, and lower areas on the types of items are in there.