Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feedback Based On Current Non-Test Server

1. Graphic Error Occured After Alt - Tab Out

This happen every time every since the new patch. I don't know why but get the graphic error that prevent me from closing the game. I was force to use Windows logout to override the error since Task Manager couldn't handle it.

2. Network Delay Response

It is appeared that the server isn't hosted in a good data center. Is it running on fiber optic and a more appropriate backbone communication line that goes from US, through Europe, and to Asia?

When going after animal in the game, it seem that the animal have the advantage because it doesn't hold client sided prediction. It is going to assume that you understood where they are but proven to be difficult on your side if in a 200ms or more ping. My internet service is a cable 25mbit service that have proven to connect to Europe server just fine. But, for this server, it is the server's data center company.

3. Tribal Members Warn Me About Restriction That Prevent Me from Maxing more than 4 Skills?

The reason why I wanted to play Xsyon was for the sandbox benefit. I don't mind a tribe or guild support, but most of the time, I wanted to work solo and sandbox an area as a work of art. PvP and anything can happens but that not really my interest when I can play a more hardcore version of PvP in Mortal Online. Darkfall can't even hold a candlestick to this game because of the lack of sandbox . Between Minecraft and Xsyon, Xsyon is more challenging.

People should be limited to 4 stats leveling not skills. Whatever skills used stats, using the skill will level stats. But, you will not be able to level more than 4 stats at the same time.

4. Tribal Boundary And Personal Boundary

The tribal boundary is too small for even a several members. Unless this game become more populated, I don't really likes getting pack in like sardine.

If people want personal boundary, they can at least subscribe a personal boundary land according to what size. Whatever they do in the boundary is about sandboxing.

In my opinion, people shouldn't be able to touch a building that is built by someone unless the person is abandon for 30 days. This means that if the person is actively playing Xyson, then they should have the freedom to build without worrying about getting it grief. This is my alternative suggestion to not worry about the personal boundary for those who want to work solo and sandbox. It is very unrealistic to salvage parts from a built project than carrying it across the map. There shouldn't be salvaging but simple Destroy option. Gamers should scavenge parts on their own without getting help from abandon village.

5. PvP And Griefing

If there are abandon building and the owner of the building is not there, it is fair game to destroy property. As I mentioned above, it is not realistic to salvage and carry the parts across the map. It is pointless to salvage, period. There is one option, and that is destroy. We should leave the challenge of finding the parts up for the scavengers.

However, we can appease people's thirst for blood by opening a PvP world. People who want to PvP for glory points can do so in a Spirit World, a map that is very small but a tribal trial testing warrior's ability against other warrior. Whatever their armor or weapon, will get looted. Glory points can be redeem for item, blueprint that is Spirit World inspired that can't be found in normal world, and option to increase tribal's boundary limit.

As far as normal world, I don't believe we should have PvP at all. It isn't really my cup of tea when I am more interested in sandboxing than PvP.

If people really destroying my work of art and repeatedly harrass / PvP me, I don't know why I would want to continue playing Xsyon. It is the sandbox / art that I am playing for not the PvP.

6. Recycling Skill

This skill should be a what come after scavenging. Parts like metal block, can be smelted or turn into nails.

What would MacGyver do that we can't in survival situation? Most of the items found, shouldn't be about discarding or keep stashing in your basket in hope that future schematic might need these part. Recycling skill remedies these thing.
    Last edited by Bopkasen; 09-13-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopkasen View Post
    1. Graphic Error Occured After Alt - Tab Out

This happen every time every since the new patch. I don't know why but get the graphic error that prevent me from closing the game. I was force to use Windows logout to override the error since Task Manager couldn't handle it.
    I've never heard of this problem nor has it happened to me, you should report the issue. Sucks you getting this issue. I would suggest trying to play in windows mode because sometimes full screen can cause issues.

2. Network Delay Response

It is appeared that the server isn't hosted in a good data center. Is it running on fiber optic and a more appropriate backbone communication line that goes from US, through Europe, and to Asia?

When going after animal in the game, it seem that the animal have the advantage because it doesn't hold client sided prediction. It is going to assume that you understood where they are but proven to be difficult on your side if in a 200ms or more ping. My internet service is a cable 25mbit service that have proven to connect to Europe server just fine. But, for this server, it is the server's data center company.
    I have no ping issues you are talking about, the server is in the middle of the USA. So you will get some lag if you are in Asia. I don't think its a server issue just a fact that you are far away. Even at the speed of light you will still have 100+ ping even if there was a direct line to Asia. Every game has this issue, which is why they have regional servers. I expect if Xsyon ever gets bigger, they would have more than 1 server.
    You can check this by logging onto the test server which is based in the EU.

3. Tribal Members Warn Me About Restriction That Prevent Me from Maxing more than 4 Skills?

The reason why I wanted to play Xsyon was for the sandbox benefit. I don't mind a tribe or guild support, but most of the time, I wanted to work solo and sandbox an area as a work of art. PvP and anything can happens but that not really my interest when I can play a more hardcore version of PvP in Mortal Online. Darkfall can't even hold a candlestick to this game because of the lack of sandbox . Between Minecraft and Xsyon, Xsyon is more challenging.

People should be limited to 4 stats leveling not skills. Whatever skills used stats, using the skill will level stats. But, you will not be able to level more than 4 stats at the same time.
    There is no limit to the # of skills you can have. You can max every skill in the game, just takes a while. So anyone saying you can only max 4 is wrong.

About your idea of leveling only 4 stats. I think that's not a bad idea, however, I do believe Xsyon likes the option of people being able to solo a bit better. Forcing only 4 stats limits peoples play greatly with the current effects of FOR, AGI, and STR. I think there are much bigger fish to fry than slightly tweaking stat changes which are already confusing enough.

4. Tribal Boundary And Personal Boundary

The tribal boundary is too small for even a several members. Unless this game become more populated, I don't really likes getting pack in like sardine.

If people want personal boundary, they can at least subscribe a personal boundary land according to what size. Whatever they do in the boundary is about sandboxing.

In my opinion, people shouldn't be able to touch a building that is built by someone unless the person is abandon for 30 days. This means that if the person is actively playing Xyson, then they should have the freedom to build without worrying about getting it grief. This is my alternative suggestion to not worry about the personal boundary for those who want to work solo and sandbox. It is very unrealistic to salvage parts from a built project than carrying it across the map. There shouldn't be salvaging but simple Destroy option. Gamers should scavenge parts on their own without getting help from abandon village.
    This might be the case now, but before there were few spots open, even with smaller tribal areas given to people. So yes, now you could give more to 1 person or small groups of people. I would rather see an in game option to upgrade your totem size based on resources. I've always been a fan of using resources to increase/hold larger areas of land if you so choose.

5. PvP And Griefing

If there are abandon building and the owner of the building is not there, it is fair game to destroy property. As I mentioned above, it is not realistic to salvage and carry the parts across the map. It is pointless to salvage, period. There is one option, and that is destroy. We should leave the challenge of finding the parts up for the scavengers.

However, we can appease people's thirst for blood by opening a PvP world. People who want to PvP for glory points can do so in a Spirit World, a map that is very small but a tribal trial testing warrior's ability against other warrior. Whatever their armor or weapon, will get looted. Glory points can be redeem for item, blueprint that is Spirit World inspired that can't be found in normal world, and option to increase tribal's boundary limit.

As far as normal world, I don't believe we should have PvP at all. It isn't really my cup of tea when I am more interested in sandboxing than PvP.

If people really destroying my work of art and repeatedly harrass / PvP me, I don't know why I would want to continue playing Xsyon. It is the sandbox / art that I am playing for not the PvP.
    You are 100% safe from PVP in your tribal area. I'm not sure why you think its "pointless" to salvage. Its right in line with your recycling option below, as well as with the game ideas of salvaging stuff.
    People can not destroy your work of art on your tribal land, its 100% protected. Not sure if you knew this or not.
    You might not be playing for the PVP, but some people do play for the PVP. Just as some people play for the PVE, or crafting. If you don't like the crafting, or building, or PVE, or PVP in the game, maybe its not the right game for you. Just because you like 1 aspect of the game doesnt mean it shouldnt have any of the others.

I do believe this game would do well right now to ignore PVP things in game and work on the core issues like adding in healing, farming, ranged combat, fixing economy etc, before adding PVP areas and goals.

Ive found that Xsyon players are rarely bloodthirsty and most of the systems protect the non pvper. Rarely are players put into a PVP encounter which they can't get away from easy. Also rarely is there even PVP in Xsyon. Most players are more than willing to help other people.

6. Recycling Skill

This skill should be a what come after scavenging. Parts like metal block, can be smelted or turn into nails.

What would MacGyver do that we can't in survival situation? Most of the items found, shouldn't be about discarding or keep stashing in your basket in hope that future schematic might need these part. Recycling skill remedies these thing.
    I agree with this, I would love to see a smelting, or recycling option like this for many parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I've never heard of this problem nor has it happened to me, you should report the issue. Sucks you getting this issue. I would suggest trying to play in windows mode because sometimes full screen can cause issues.
    While I do aplaud the Xyson's developers for giving freedom for users to choose their graphic setting, I wanted to use full screen for immersion purpose to get involve as a roleplayer who want to solo sandbox often. I used Alt Tab to look up Xsyon's wiki. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have an in-game wiki.

If someone can give me a suggestion for a immersive Xsyon user to remedy the graphic error preventing me from getting back into the game and closing via Task Manager, then that would be extremely helpful.

I have no ping issues you are talking about, the server is in the middle of the USA. So you will get some lag if you are in Asia. I don't think its a server issue just a fact that you are far away. Even at the speed of light you will still have 100+ ping even if there was a direct line to Asia. Every game has this issue, which is why they have regional servers. I expect if Xsyon ever gets bigger, they would have more than 1 server.
    You can check this by logging onto the test server which is based in the EU.
    My ISP host and location is in Chicago time.

I am thinking that they must have been doing something in the server that was causing the sharp lag spike. You should ask other witnesses from yesterday and could tell you the same thing.

The ping went from 25ms to 250ms, etc. The labrador was owning me during the network lag. Good fight labrador retriever! lol

FYI! I asked the GM where to put the Feedback, and they told me to put it in the Developer section. This thread was moved to the General Discussion section.

Next Suggestion:

Add more animal and their species type then make all the animal less OP in attack, HP, and running speed with the corrected size to be more realistic.

I couldn't keep up chasing the cat. The cat don't mind jumping and swimming in water? I thought cat doesn't likes to get wet in water. Rabbit can't swim in water OR CAN THEY?
    Last edited by Bopkasen; 09-14-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopkasen View Post
    While I do aplaud the Xyson's developers for giving freedom for users to choose their graphic setting, I wanted to use full screen for immersion purpose to get involve as a roleplayer who want to solo sandbox often. I used Alt Tab to look up Xsyon's wiki. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have an in-game wiki.

If someone can give me a suggestion for a immersive Xsyon user to remedy the graphic error preventing me from getting back into the game and closing via Task Manager, then that would be extremely helpful.
    I can't help you there, because I play every game in windows mode.

My ISP host and location is in Chicago time.

I am thinking that they must have been doing something in the server that was causing the sharp lag spike. You should ask other witnesses from yesterday and could tell you the same thing.

The ping went from 25ms to 250ms, etc. The labrador was owning me during the network lag. Good fight labrador retriever! lol
    Was this a 1 time spike or does this happen often to you? I'm not having the issues you are talking about, every once in a while like day or so I might have a ping spike or feel it like that but it could be from many things including my own issues.

FYI! I asked the GM where to put the Feedback, and they told me to put it in the Developer section. This thread was moved to the General Discussion section.
    This game doesnt have GM's, they have "Guides" so I'm not sure who told you to put it in the developer section, but they might have thought you were talking about feedback to a post of one of the developers and not just General feedback.

Next Suggestion:

Add more animal and their species type then make all the animal less OP in attack, HP, and running speed with the corrected size to be more realistic.

I couldn't keep up chasing the cat. The cat don't mind jumping and swimming in water? I thought cat doesn't likes to get wet in water. Rabbit can't swim in water OR CAN THEY?

All animals in this game can swim, they also can attack while in water, and run up cliffs.

Some advice about animals is that, you can check their hit points by scrolling over their red HP bar at the top once you target them, that will give you an indication of how strong they are. Dogs are mid level normal animals, I would say they are not good for starting out for combat for a new player, I would stick with smaller animals like a rabbit.

You talk about running speed? Were the animals too fast for you? or just looking weird in their speed to their size?