Recently started playing this game. Found out about it from some people who played Wurm Online which is similar with its sandbox theme. I had a few high level and then one specific questions. Hopefully I didnt duplicate too many other newbie questions and appreciate any responses.

1) For those of you that have played Wurm in what way is Xsyon better or worse? For example I tried asking in Xsyon general chat and someone just told me that "Xsyon is harder than Wurm". Does that just mean its "grindier" or more difficult to find good stuff, etc? Any other thoughts on comparing the two?

2) What is end-game like? I do like the pvp in Wurm which is kind of fun when you get bored of crafting and building. What do you do in Xyson later on after you are safe and secure in your own place?

3) Does the "survival" aspect of the game stay or drop off? For example I loved Wurm in the beginning, having to forage and hunt just to get by, finding wild herbs to heal yourself and eat, all while avoiding wild animals and maybe holing up in the night in an abandoned cave for safety. But I noticed this whole aspect of the game disappears once you are safe in your own walled off complex with unlimited food from farming and livestock. How does this "survival" aspect of the game work later on with Xyson?

4) One specific game-play question that is kind of noobish: What do junk piles look like? I imagined piles of metal and old scrap and tires or something. I have never seen one running around but I scavenged on some random rock and noticed I got gear that the wiki says only comes form a junk pile. So I guess I was on one? They just look like random rocks?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Im going to keep messing around with the free-trial and see how it goes and look forward to hearing from some of you.