Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
The SAFETY timer is required for a cart to become abandoned. Abandonment is on a separate timer from the inactivity timer right now.

There 'could' be one timer, but it opens up the possibility of this situation:
A player is inactive for 15 days with his cart on tribe land. The tribe leader moves the cart off tribe land and drops it so that it becomes unsafe. The cart instantly becomes unsafe, thus abandoned.

I could allow a tribe leader to claim a cart entirely when it reaches the Deserted state, since at that point all the contents could be used. I would need to set up an additional command for this because the tribe leader could still choose at that point to just move the cart around without claiming it. Additional feedback on this situation is welcome.

So for a cart to become abandoned, both the use timer AND the safe timer must be over 135 game day? So in theory you could have a cart with 10 days last used, and 1000 days since last safe?

I believe the issue with the tribe leader moving it off tribe lands is going to be an issue either way. Even if just to claim the cart. I would rather see it easier to understand than worry about likely a very rare case. Really the bigger worry I would see is with players in a tribe logging back in to not be able to find their carts after 18 game days (2 real days). As a tribe leader you could simply just move their cart where the tribe member can't find it and it will be yours in a slightly longer time. (Still less than 45 days, as you could move it off tribe lands so 2 days + 15 days = 17 real days) vs 15 real days. Not a major issue IMO.

I don't think tribe leaders need to claim carts like that. If they want the cart, they can kick the player or move it off tribe lands. They can already get all the items.