Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:I said my goodbyes to my FE family tonight

WoW... have put that on my desktop for at least 20minutes ^.^

Kunra wrote:
    My new focus is this game(though I don't agree Open PvP is a good thing),still. . .
    One of several key reasons (the lack of openly player-driven, consequential pvp) why that community crafting only game with a preponderance of pve questing runs has failed to be anything but a mundane and shallow gaming experience.

Okie wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    I just have to ask, Nobollis who said that quote, I just love it!
    Julius Caesar
    Ok yeah it was Julius Caesar. Sorry would of said myself but got a locked out of the Prelude forums due to changing my proflie lol.

Ciik wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    My new focus is this game(though I don't agree Open PvP is a good thing),still. . .
    One of several key reasons (the lack of openly player-driven, consequential pvp) why that community crafting only game with a preponderance of pve questing runs has failed to be anything but a mundane and shallow gaming experience.
    Ok have to agree here. Anygame with any sort of crafting system that is thought out and people enjoy as of late in todays mmo's, has one been out done by artifact style drops, or that it has no effect on a theme park game. It's fresh to see a game where going out to find the mat's needed for crafting is a dangerous prospect. At least in this game, general crafting means somthing due to the player driven economy. Thus giving the player who are willing to risk it or defend those who are crafting a willing return in there hard work. Or sweaty palms work xD.

Ciik wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Actually, FE's downfall was a failure to recognize that they created a Crafter centric game that, of course, attracted Crafter centric players.

They decided, very early on in Alpha, to start focusing on the PvP folks instead of the audience the game actually attracted.

Instead of Adding to the game based on the player base the game attracted, they decided to try and gain players from a player base that, generally, is completely opposite to Crafters.