Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the input so far. The new keyboard input system is not completed yet but does need testing step by step. I'll post here when I'm ready for more tests.

The Test Server is ready for more testing with the following changes:

Camera view changed to have a fixed vertical field of view (instead of a fixed horizontal field of view, allowing wide screen resolutions a wider view.

New input system further revised to fix reported issues. This system is still in progress.

Please report any issues found with keyboard input or any of the changes posted above. If no problems are found within the next few days, this build will be ready for the Main Server.

Thanks!

Keyboard input now doesn't allow standard letter/number keys. Couldn't enter my password or use letters/numbers on the bind keys off the test server login screen. Bind keys screen had no letters/numbers even after clicking Default and Restore.

That's very strange. Are you using a US English keyboard or a different language keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    The Test Server is ready for more testing with the following changes:

Camera view changed to have a fixed vertical field of view (instead of a fixed horizontal field of view, allowing wide screen resolutions a wider view.

New input system further revised to fix reported issues. This system is still in progress.

Please report any issues found with keyboard input or any of the changes posted above. If no problems are found within the next few days, this build will be ready for the Main Server.

Thanks!
    I have no issues with input on my end.

Field of View looks good. I would say you could go even wider if you wanted too. To me looks like about 30% wider, and also you made it so you could zoom out further. I'm not sure about the zoom out part, it was fine before, but I don't see a need to change it back. Its good either way.

After talking with Dang, we have noticed some other issues which are likely not related to this testing patch because it happens on live also, but I wanted to at least make you aware of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/industrialstrength/b/499111031

There is a link to a video we took to show how there is some odd lag going on where the server is desyncing from where the client sees the person and the server.

You will notice that on my screen with Dang running to hit me from behind it looks like he is swinging (and missing) about 5 meters behind me.
    Then when I try to do the same thing to him, on my screen it looks like I'm clearly right up on him and swinging but missing also.

You can't see my ping, and if you want I can load a video with it displayed, but my ping is 135ms the whole time.

To MrDDT:

Can you reproduce the issue in the video on the Main Server in exactly the same way?

Would you be able to upload two videos of this same situation, one from each player's computer?

I am aware of desynch issues. They haven't been worked on as part of the current patch but I do want to make sure that there aren't any new issues.

I just want to remind of the crashes, caused by switching alt-tab to desctop from full-screen-mode, many ppl are afflicted with.
    Hope and assume this could be fixed ...if the fix wouldnt be that time-consuming?
    Last edited by ZitengWang; 01-29-2014 at 08:56 AM.

That's very strange. Are you using a US English keyboard or a different language keyboard?
    Yes, standard US English keyboard. No problems typing elsewhere, including in the Xsyon launcher.

To MrDDT:

Can you reproduce the issue in the video on the Main Server in exactly the same way?

Would you be able to upload two videos of this same situation, one from each player's computer?

I am aware of desynch issues. They haven't been worked on as part of the current patch but I do want to make sure that there aren't any new issues.
    Yes it's worse on the test server than live server.
    Live server its about 2.5 meters behind the target which means you can hit sometimes (using a long weapon) and when the lag sorta catches up correctly.
    When using a fishing pole we are able to hit each other while following 100% of the time.

On test server even with a fishing pole we can't hit each other.
    We did get a few hits, and they were about 3.6m away (using a fishing pole only).

On test server people are not warping around as much (like updating more often), to where you see someone in front of you and they warp up 10 meters. So that is better, but the true desync is worse.

This might also have to do something with ping, but hard for us to see if it's ping or not related.
    Live ping = 40ms
    Test ping = 140ms

Finding someone else that is willing to test and able to create and willing to upload a video is hard. I have no issues doing it, Dang can't do it. Anytime you want to test it with me and watch my view of what was happening feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZitengWang View Post
    I just want to remind of the crashes, caused by switching alt-tab to desctop from full-screen-mode, many ppl are afflicted with.
    Hope and assume this could be fixed ...if the fix wouldnt be that time-consuming?
    I'm not sure how many times this has been reported, but it's well known within the Xsyon vets that fullscreen mode causes a LOT of people to crash. Some people (very few) can get away using fullscreen and not crashing when they alt tab. I would say that most people DO crash.

This is a huge issue and should for sure be fixed.