Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is this fair?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You're a smart men ddt figure it out, I don't need to explain it to you.
    You need to explain it, because it doesn't make any sense to me. How does that change your theory on pay to win?

Wouldn't the people with 2 accounts able to do both still? While the ones with 1 account would have to pick either good gathered mats or good crafted from being in a tribe?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You need to explain it, because it doesn't make any sense to me. How does that change your theory on pay to win?

Wouldn't the people with 2 accounts able to do both still? While the ones with 1 account would have to pick either good gathered mats or good crafted from being in a tribe?
    Yes they can have two accounts to play as a solo tribe or join a big tribe or both, that would not hurt anyone, only help, and, that won't force people to have multiple accounts just to be able to craft all skills, like you do with the current system, and even if someone want to buy two accounts they don't need to buy ten, because at 5 residents you loose the ability to find supreme quality mats, and to buy thirty accounts and maintain them, is too costly.
    You see? this skill decay system is too complex to even maintain it as of coding, and way too complex for new players, My system is easy, bring resources and feed a totem, simple as it can be.

Pay to win is a system that only people who have much more money to spend, wins, just like now, and those who don't have extra money, well, too bad.

You don't want to let go this skill decay system because it alow you to have advantage over those who can't pay extra.

That's why I want to know if xsyon want to keep supporting pay to win model or not.
    Last edited by znaiika; 02-18-2014 at 08:04 PM.

But your system doesnt change the pay to win model either.

You would still only need 2 accounts to do everything, people with 1 account would still say it's pay to win.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    But your system doesnt change the pay to win model either.

You would still only need 2 accounts to do everything, people with 1 account would still say it's pay to win.

Yes it stops pay to win model, I would love to see anyone leveling two characters at the same time, bieng active member in a big tribe and as a solo at the same time, well? that would be fun to watch.

Wait wait, how is that any different than just buying 2 accounts now? Your system does nothing to change anything, other than it allows ALL the skills on 1 toon making it less likely to trade not more. You have proven against your points not for them.

Anyways, good luck with your idea, I don't see reason to change to your system. I do see reasons NOT to change.

Xsyon Citizen
    It stops people to buy extra accounts just to be able to craft all skills (current system)(pay to win system).
    It encourage people to trade.
    People may buy a second account if they level all their skills and stats. (they won't need to buy that extra account, they can simply trade).
    Both solo and big tribes would have privileges.
    You don't think solo players deserve to play as a solo and not buying extra accounts? To be able to trade knowing that their mats can be sold?
    It also remove complexity for new players, and make it easier for developers to work with, less coding and easier to maintain it.
    Last edited by znaiika; 02-19-2014 at 07:42 AM.

This is interesting as a player with a specialty who is self sufficient and making VHQ/Master items with only about 60 hours of total game play. I feel like had you spent your time skilling instead of arguing you would be doing much better.

My tactic
    Tools
    All I have needed for tools is about 26 skill. They don't seem to affect item except the bonus based on tool type.
    Skills
    I moved all my green points to my resource gathering skill, so primary crafting skill is 98 and resource is 73. I occasionally do a bit of skill grinding on other support skills.
    Trade I pulled some granite for my cart, there's the labor. Since then I might do a little trade for bps or maybe some scavving bits but you don't need much scavving to get okay items. I don't have to trade as a solo player, but i can.
    Skill decay To me that's what most reinforces a specialization, if any one could do what they do and what i do there nothing left for me to do to trade. As a solo i depend on skill decay so I have a purpose and leverage to barter.
    StatsNot sure if you noticed but for the most part a crafting skill and the support skills some what co-side so this creates a bit of synergy(yes finely used that word).
    Stat decayStats decay way slower than they increase, some people counter train to have a more balance character, i don't but I don't use perception so that a -. Same with skills bit something you don't use or want to and put a - on it so it takes the hit. Its a well balanced system you just have to take the time to think about it.

This has been my path to rapid success, I hope it helps you Znaiika.

When the server comes up can we plz take this to global chat. I would love to join the conversation by adding my extremly intellectual perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    It stops people to buy extra accounts just to be able to craft all skills (current system)(pay to win system).
    It encourage people to trade.
    People may buy a second account if they level all their skills and stats. (they won't need to buy that extra account, they can simply trade).
    Both solo and big tribes would have privileges.
    You don't think solo players deserve to play as a solo and not buying extra accounts? To be able to trade knowing that their mats can be sold?
    It also remove complexity for new players, and make it easier for developers to work with, less coding and easier to maintain it.
    It doesn't stop people from getting a bonus from having 2 accounts.

You would still want 2 accounts, 1 to gather, 1 to craft.

Your idea changes nothing. This all coming from a person that doesnt even have 3 skills to 45 yet.

Current system allows for solo players to be effective in trade, and still do EVERYTHING solo.
    Again I believe the skill decay system should be higher than it is, and the stat system should change.
    Currently you can have all stats but 1 at highest end. Currently you can have all skills at 100. This should change to where you should only have about 3 or 4 skills per pool at 100, and I believe you should have to choose only a few stats that can go past 100. Instead of 7 stats past 100.

Xsyon Citizen
    Afraid of loosing an advantage over those who can't buy more acounts? I understand your fury, I understand that those extra accounts you bought? would be useless.
    No I would not need two accounts with the system I suggest, I don't want to level two characters to all the way up, just only one, And I want to play solo all the way.
    My ideas change game from pay to win to play to win.
    No, it does not allows for solo players to be effective in trade with current system.
    I think you're a mad person and don't care about others, you want others to follow you like sheep.
    Having advantage over people and calling yourself a leader? try to respect other people instead.
    The real leader care for his people, making sure people don't run from him.
    You don't like to have competion, you don't like real leadership chalange, that's why you want to make Xsyon to belive that you do your changes for people, but all you do is making your self as a king.
    You bought ten accounts to expand your teritorry, it was not easy to maintain all ten, so you made Xsyon believe that $10 is a good start to bring more customers in, (that did not happened), but the real purpose was? to maintain your accounts easier, now you can maintain tree accounts for the price of two.
    Now that you have ten or even more accounts? you needed to make them usefull, so the decay system is perfect for that, (because you have enough accounts to cover all needs).
    Each time you convince Xsyon to change something? Xsyon lost customers, and server droped to almost no customers.
    So all you do is forcing people to leave, it is either you want Xsyon to fail or you want to be a king and everyone else to be as a slave, and people don't like it.
    Last edited by znaiika; 02-19-2014 at 05:30 PM.