Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Broken trade and acconomy.

Why would any one trade materials if materials are burnt for progression? even for people who whant to train a character for pure combat.
    The only trade is possible? is for BP's and carts, and that's it, with this current skill decay system, which is useless , this is my point of view.
    You created decay for need of materials but you also created this need for not to trade but use materials for your self, which breake trading with others.
    Either you have to create separate system for combat progression, or remove decay system.

I do not wish to get in a hostyle argument, instead, I want trading in game to be usefull, and simply saying "NO" is not going to help either way.
    Last edited by znaiika; 03-02-2014 at 05:18 PM.

I'm not going to disagree that trade is broken, but not because of how you think.

Main reason why trade is broken is lack of need/drive for resources. Currency is still not used due to very little need for them. Resources are useful for massive grind, and they are the most valued of items next to blueprints which unlock building. Building is 90% of the Xsyon.

Economy needs a LOT of thought put into making it more robust, starting with a reason to use currency/sink for it. The current sink is 100$ per 10 days per paid person for a minor buff. It takes less than 5mins of scav to get 100$ in game.

Xsyon Citizen
    7.5% not a big deal and can be easily ignored, even if you make dollar rare in scavenge, it won't make a difference.
    There has to be a separate way to progress and the need to trade, making something rare won't help, remember this is game, and should be interested to play, not a second job, where you have to be 24/7.
    We could use your thought about dollar as currency sink, but, there has to be a permanent central bank, a market, a store to trade for currency on the founder island, and remove dollar from scavange all together, this would create a need for trade and more stable acconomy.
    Progression for physical self, crafting, gathering and building has to be saparated in to four different independed systems so they don't conflict with each other in stats and skills.
    If some one want to be just a comat person he/she won't have to craft his/her way throught craft grind, but be able to combine rest of those four systems.
    This is my point of veiw, you may have a different point of veiw, I am open to listen and to work together.
    Last edited by znaiika; 03-03-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Actually I see a few ways we can provide active trade and there is already a need/drive to do it.

Let me explain...

When a vet comes back to play they are so self-sufficient that they reall have no need to trade at all... True fact.

HOWEVER, when the new player starts he has so little to even get started with that THEY are the ones with needs and a drive to trade. Once this is on steam, we will have tons of folks begging for tools, basic armors and the like.

We vets can easily provide what they need in 2 ways, one, have them join a tribe, or two, trade them what they need for things like dollars and mundane building items like large metal sheets, pipes, metal studs and boards, etc... or even lower quality tool and weapon making parts to re-trade back to them as finished products.

This is what I am trying to do at my Tribal area in 896. New players need tools, weapons, armor and don't want to have to spend all their time just getting the basics.

An example was a new guy plops down to fish, oops no fishing pole. Needs to either learn to make one or ask around. Instead of just handing them one lets all trade them one for scav'd resources. This way they get what they need now with a bit of effort they can easily provide.

Another area is crafters may need parts that they get from hunting but are not hunters.. this would let hunters trade these items to the crafters for gear.

You get the drift I am sure

Xsyon Citizen
    In RL you can support your self very well and not being depended on anyone, not in xsyon, in xsyon, items decay too fast to be self depended, you have to do it all to survive.
    For example: if you are a hunter you need armor and weapons, which decay too fast to recover from trading your hunted items, and hunted items are too heavy to carry around, in RL you can patch-up your items, items don't look nice but it sure work well, ax you can make a new handle, knife you can use some string keep on using knife blade, just need sharpening.
    Xsyon made too many armor sets and weapon sets, we only need one or two sets of each and maybe one for going out, Xsyon spent too much time just doing that instead of making game fun to play he made compplicated one, thanks to some people who kept Xsyon doing same thing over and over and keep Xsyon in a same boat.
    Last edited by znaiika; 04-10-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    In RL you can support your self very well and not being depended on anyone, not in xsyon, in xsyon, items decay too fast to be self depended, you have to do it all to survive.
    This here is what i gather to be the crux of the problem. YOU WANT TO DO IT ALL! If everyone can do everything then there is no trade. With skill decay you CAN NOT do everything. For example i need good quality wood. I would trade just about anything for some good quality wood, but cant find anyone to trade with. I have no intention of even attempting to become a logger or forester because i want to actually be the best at something and not a jack of all trades. So this leaves me with a glaring hole that i need to trade to fill but currently am unable to due to no one that can do it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticules View Post
    With skill decay you CAN NOT do everything. For example i need good quality wood. I would trade just about anything for some good quality wood, but cant find anyone to trade with.
    Because of skill decay you won't find anyone to trade with for "good quality wood", because no one will rais that skill ever, and so is the rest of them, people will always choose same needed skills to master and the rest of skill will go up and down.

Humm.. this seems really odd to me as I personally can supply you with lots of fine high quality wood. And there are a number of players in game that can as well. what you say about "no one will raise that skill ever" is absolutely not true. Maybe your problem is you have nothing to trade they want or you don't want to come to there place to trade for it. Whatever the case, your assumptions are unfounded.

Because of skill decay you won't find anyone to trade with for "good quality wood", because no one will rais that skill ever, and so is the rest of them, people will always choose same needed skills to master and the rest of skill will go up and down.
    I think you have it backwards.

You have nothing anyone wants because they don't need anything. So the only items people value are the least fun things to do.

So instead of focusing on the things you like to do and trading with others that they like to do, you are going to work every skill up, so you can do it all yourself. Then be upset because there is no trade.

Not true, I can get supreme quality logs (though they are still rare) and make supreme quality wood items. Premium is no problem. This is because I specialized in Logging (100) Woodcrafting (100) and Forestry (95) and I keep my stats for those skills high. And I play on both PVP and PVE server. The problems is I have very limited hours so catching me can be difficult, and I don't usually sell Supreme because they are needed for our own weapons.