View Poll Results: Which server will you focus on?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • PvP

10 27.03%
  • PvE

24 64.86%
  • Both

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So... Which server will you be playing on?

Didn't spot another discussion/pool, but since server will split into PvP and PvE tomorrow, I want to start a gossip about it. Links to any forum discussion on this subject is welcome here.

I personally like the PvP aspect of the game (made me survive and develop accordingly). I do hear that many people have requested PvE, so I find it more than fair that those people get the kind of game they want.

I'm worried, though, about the splitting of the community in the way it's being planned now. We pretty much have to decide which one server we want to play on - not a problem for new and returning players, but for us, who will have friends split to either side.

Work done on one side will not transfer, so our focus could eventually go to only one server. We'd also have to upkeep our totems on the other server, if we don't want our territories claimed there. Eventually, many tribe territories would change on either server once that starts happening, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder if a method of enabling pvp (temp or permanently) has been considered as a way to keep the community intact. I haven't been involved in any discussions on the forum so far, so I don't know the general opinion of this.

I like the peaceful part of the pvp gameplay, but I also love the risks. I just find this messy, since I'll have to part with friends if I wanna keep the risks. Heck, I'll have to part with friend nomatter what!

I think pvp server will die off fast. Currently there is not enough population to have a good pvp server

Objectively speaking I feel this is a good direction for the game. This poll and the other Xsyon quoted in a post, had a 75% majority saying a PvE option is what they are after with most games. This is a majority that any company would be stupid to not tap; the revenue and potential that comes with that is paramount. I can understand the frustration of having people you know and like talking to being on one place and you on the other but with VOIP/forum and being able to log in to either server should allow people to keep in touch.

This should help with bringing in more players when the steam release is done, along with a tutorial system in place to help those not knowing what to do when entering the game. Couple that with having a great community that I think Xsyon has more so than any other MMORPG, I find that players here are the most helpful bunch and that goes a long way for new people coming in to feel welcome and want to stay to grow such a great community.

Get the word out to all your friends and communities that you are part of that a PvE option is coming. Post and let them know.
    Last edited by GuideXaphan; 03-16-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RosenBlod View Post
    Didn't spot another discussion/pool, but since server will split into PvP and PvE tomorrow, I want to start a gossip about it. Links to any forum discussion on this subject is welcome here.

I personally like the PvP aspect of the game (made me survive and develop accordingly). I do hear that many people have requested PvE, so I find it more than fair that those people get the kind of game they want.

I'm worried, though, about the splitting of the community in the way it's being planned now. We pretty much have to decide which one server we want to play on - not a problem for new and returning players, but for us, who will have friends split to either side.

Work done on one side will not transfer, so our focus could eventually go to only one server. We'd also have to upkeep our totems on the other server, if we don't want our territories claimed there. Eventually, many tribe territories would change on either server once that starts happening, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder if a method of enabling pvp (temp or permanently) has been considered as a way to keep the community intact. I haven't been involved in any discussions on the forum so far, so I don't know the general opinion of this.

I like the peaceful part of the pvp gameplay, but I also love the risks. I just find this messy, since I'll have to part with friends if I wanna keep the risks. Heck, I'll have to part with friend nomatter what!
    I like the idea of a player being able to have the option to have pvp on or off by there own choosing. I play a few games that have this option and it seems to work well. If able I will play one account on each server , my gal will give it a try on the pve she says.

I dont understand why a person would want a pve server in this game why not just buy 3d home build something nice and be done with it. An all pve server takes away any and all risk to the collect and gather grind of the game making the open world survival concept completely pointless. Without pvp theres no more good or evil tribes, no more death porting home, no more boxing tournys which i had been contemplating, no more anticules. PVE servers work in other games because they have npc quests to bring players together how far is xsyon gonna travel down that road? If looting is the issue seeing as how it is the ONLY downside to pvp in this game, why not just limit looting to say 2 items from your bag. just my 2 cents

Missing a choice, neither. Because the PVP server will have no one to pvp, and unsupported. So the choice for me is netiher. I picked both because it's really 2 PVE servers.

Well i will be staying on the pvp server. Not sure how it will turn out, but i just dont see the point of being on the pve server for me anyway. Hopefully some will stay and newer players will join. If not then i guess me and DDT can just roam the map looking for each other. Marco......

Quote Originally Posted by supinger View Post
    Without pvp theres no more good or evil tribes, no more death porting home, no more boxing tournys which i had been contemplating, no more anticules.
    Why would you ever wanna go somewhere that im not?

Clan "A BETTER TOMORROW" is playing on the PVP Server

Greetings Whorlok

Well i was happy to see my old spot mostly intact and am playing on the PvE side for now but might do both later.