Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad to see...

And now there is two options for those who want either or.

PVP on Xsyon

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    PVP wasn't the reason Xsyon was dying. Hate to break it to you. There really wasn't much if any PVP going on.
    Upping this comment. I am also usually the crafter guy getting pawned by PvPer guys, but I have never experienced more "noble" and friendly PVP skirmishes than on Xsyon. MrDDT being on local, luring me out from hiding and trying to find me on the local map one day bringing that tickling to my neck and driving nuts of me from the fear of getting discovered, and on the other hand meeting him a day after doing trade with him or just chatting with him on a friendly note on Global. That was never experienced in HnH, UO or other games with PvP i've played. On Xsyon ppl are just friendly, no matter if tribals or enemies.

My oppinion corresponds to others, that PvP was giving to Xsyon that spice, which it currently lacks on PVE content and was really not killing the game. I believe that to some exent PvE can be challenging, but there will come a point, where tribal wars will be missing to utilize the uber-best-cool clothes/weapons/armor/skills.

But I'll be watching anyway

Quote Originally Posted by GuideXaphan View Post
    And now there is two options for those who want either or.
    Sorry, which one is the option that has working PVP that is supported by the devs and not punished by the guides? Where there is rez, healing, no desync in combat, etc etc?

Not sure which server that is....

Xsyon Citizen
    Make pvp server as consensual and thing will change.

Xsyon Citizen
    I just can't beleve how pvp crowd is only talking about pvp, but that just is "TALK", they don't support their theory, with pve players gone there are no one to harass they too quikly deminished, now we can see how vocal pvp crowd is and small, they never supported their theory, pvp crowd fed only on pveers to survive, shame on you talking about feel of danger and all that, because realy you want is to have someone to pick-on.

Why don't you man-up and prove that you can support your pvp theory, and don't look for excuses, that just lame way of not playing.

well, here is my "take"

The people who left because of perceived persecution via pvp, would have left anyway, as they wanted a total safe game .. so the Zeds and animals would have run them off as well. They left and used the pvp excuse because they couldn't hit an auto win button. They started crap and boasted, but when it came to cashing the check, they had insufficient funds. I watched from the sidelines with amusement.

This game is dying because of lack of content .. updates .. once you build, there is nothing to really do because there isn't an economy that requires other people to help support you. Anyone and everyone can do it all. why worry about the best gear, if there is no reason for it? People just couldn't hang on waiting for farming, archery etc., so moved on, thus diminishing the population even more. Sure there comes the new people now and again, but how long do they actually stay ? Once they are tired of stacking dirt and building they leave. You cant tell me honestly that all the people coming back because of pve server left because they were intimidated by pvp. Pvp was so little, they had to have tournaments just to get people involved in it.

So basically, no one plays to be just a scavenger because everyone can do it. No one plays to be just a crafter because no one needs your craft because everyone can make it. Equipment doesn't have to be that good, average works fine to get any job done.

I trained my skills to be a soldier .. but alas, no one needed my protection .. so I built forts .. but once built, there was nothing to do.

EDIT: corrected some bad spelling
    Last edited by Deacon; 04-10-2014 at 12:03 PM.

I can see part of what you are saying and can agree in to some of it.

I can also see DDT's points about how broken the pvp system is.

However, as seems to be true for so many, you are using all inclusive statements when it is not that simple.

Take for instance, on the PVE server, the only player that can make the 20 slot carts seems to be baby. Here is one area that being the best in your field come in. Sure, you can't become rich and famous for that, but it is a huge accomplishment.

Atm that is really all this game truly provides, a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction of SEEING your handywork in the world. For most of the builder/crafter types that why they do it. They don't really care about bragging how they nuked newbies. Its also about feeling that you help another person in some way.

This xsyon sandbox PVE server provides plenty to the pve player and will not die due to pvp'er doom and gloom. FUD is all it is and completely Non-Sequitur. Call it hello-kitty xsyon all you want, but at least Jordi is supporting it, and new people are coming and and returning players pop up almost every day.

yea, we'll see in a few months how much it thrives I guess. Just don't be surprised when the conversation turns to another reason for leaving when pvp is not a valid excuse. As I was saying, there was never any real pvp going on anyway. For now people have a sense of security and hope it will be better. The reason people left was mostly because of horrid launch and lack of meaningful updates.

Don't mistake this for being mad, I am not. I have always liked Jordi since Roma victor days, he has always treated me with respect and kindness.

I sure don't believe you are mad. However I do believe that you forgot that at launch it was stated there would be slow updates, a lack of funding to support updates and this was an indy game in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I sure don't believe you are mad. However I do believe that you forgot that at launch it was stated there would be slow updates, a lack of funding to support updates and this was an indy game in progress.
    I was here at launch, and he said many things Mactavendish. Which ones do you pick and choose? Archery? Prelude will last a short time? Expand the mist? New animals? Bridges? Healing? I can list more.

I think it's funny that after every major update there is an increase of players yet still even after the increase people leaving in droves!

Anyways, I will expect that the PVP server will stay unpopulated until they start making changes to combat and other things I listed.

I hope Xsyon does something right and focuses his game and stops trying to follow the will of a few people. I hope steam does help, because I doubt the current pop will help much with updates.