I know I will step on many toes here but I think the decision to add a pure pve server was unlucky. In one big sweep it killed off the pvp server (well, I could be wrong but so far no luck in meeting anyone on that server). Did they all go to the pve-server then? All we can do is to hope they did. In a worst case scenario they quit.

In the long run I think some people playing on the pve server will grow restless by the constraints put on them. Right now people won't notice because they are all busy sewing new blue jeans and raising the same tents their neighbour have. Once that goody-goody feeling settles and the realisation comes over them that this is it - it will lead to frustration. (this is where the crowd goes "booo, you are all wrong") Arguments about how many things there are to do will be raised in objection to the last statement. Questions like, ohhh, there are so many things to build and in so many ways. Cloth to be had, fabricated and sewn into clothes. Leather to ... well do leathery things with and such. But... it all boils down to the question - What for?

With Pvp gone (I was really no fan of it at all, but accepted it) even the slight thrill of meeting new people is gone. I used to think "Is that dude with those aweful gymshoes and his fishing pole gonna try to smack me, or is it a new friend"? The element of surprise and danger is gone.

I wrote a lengthy post about things I would like to see in Xsyon in the future. When I read it again I realise it was all about one thing, really. Give me a reason to struggle and survive. Add elements into the game that force players to join up together in order to survive. Let nature wreak havoc. Let fires burn down villages (oh my god how wonderful that would be) and let storms lay waste to forests. Let the mist move around and cover new areas. In short - let there be danger. And while doing so - let things like clothes, building materials, armor/weapons matter.

To me it seems Xsyon has gone a way I really wasn't expecting it to head. I was hoping for more of a survival game whereas it now plunges itself into a building and tailoring simulator. If I want to build a large ass tower or a chineese wall (for even no reason at all since you are never in any danger) I will do that in Lego(tm) or Minecraft not Xsyon.

I keep myself updated about the game and logon every now and then in hope to see changes that bring Xsyon closer to the right path - my path hehe. For those of you who are happy with the Child-Proof world as it is - good luck and have fun (watch out where you put that needle...) . Ill be back when I can die of hunger, thirst, scorching my ass on the camp fire or in any other number of insane ways have my ass handed to me.