Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sad to see...

The population is up and increasing. Retention is higher than it was with just the pvp server alone. I think with the addition of what Xsyon has laid out he wants before the steam release it should continue increasing and tutorial should help new players that come in and feel lost on what to begin with or what to do.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I hope Xsyon does something right and focuses his game and stops trying to follow the will of a few people. I hope steam does help, because I doubt the current pop will help much with updates.
    This is what I have been saing for ages DDT, and you know well what I meant.

I hope the increasing population means that Jordi can focus on reaching his goals, even if they aren't directly parallell to what I want to see.

First of all, I was never a PVP'er and my post was not really adressing the pvp issue. It was about risk, danger and excitement. Pvp played that role together with revenants and wild animals. To me all three elements were really out of reach due to extremely weird lag as soon as it went down to combat. Synchronization issues in its worst form where I thought I was hitting my target when in fact I was being get at from behind. I once set up two computers so I could record on both at the same time but it was just too hillarious to watch. Not one thing was correct Anyway, apart from combat, I had lots of fun on the pvp server.

I remember one early spring morning when I had moved just south of where XM used to be. I had this pile of junk all to myself and was sipping down my morning coffee when I caught some movement among the trees. Not seeing a human being in ages I mentally shook it off as some form of wishful thinking. I grabbed a basket and pulled up my pants and headed south. For some reason I cast a glance behind my back and caught sight of a little rascal coming at me with an axe. My reaction wasn't even to be afraid because the axe was almost larger than the guy wielding it. I remember thinking, "whoa, what an angry little kid that is, does he want to play?" And that was all I got time to think before I went out with a bang, that's how I met Dang.

A few months later I had my camp setup in 820. I led a peaceful life talking to trees and chopping down neighbours. I see this huge man coming at me with a basket on his back and a shovel in his hand. The shovel almost looked like a toy in this giants hand if it hadn't been for the very very sharp edges and the blood on it. I realised I was in extreme danger and shut my eyes in an attempt to embrace certain death. After a few rustles and some "oompfs" later I opened my eyes again only to see a basket on the ground in front of me. Of the giant there was no signs. A look inside the basket rewarded me with enough meat for a month and bones and whatnots all coming from that enormous bear which had plagued me for the last week. This was how I met MrDDT. I found the gift so nice I started to collect a few leftovers from my own hunting trips and put them in a basket. I handed out a few to my closest friends. To my big surprise they didn't apreciate the gifts of animal heads in baskets labelled "AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE". This led to some very heated and intersting discussions on local about who that Mischief dude was and why the hell he would threaten us?

I got many memories from adventures in the game and the most precious ones invlolve the element of danger. I do not remember or have repressed the endless grinds because they are plainly not fun no matter how you do it. It does not have to be PVP, but it was one thing that could be lethal. Animals were NOT dangerous in any way. Since I couldn't fight them I just jumped up on a rock and problem was solved. There is a difference between "being in danger" and "being stupid"

I know that some of you have written off pvp in this game with the addition of the pve server, I get that. I'm all for pvp myself but you have to realize that pve has a larger player-base and that will trickle down in to the pvp server as more players come in to the game and it gets more popular. As a pvp only server game it was not increasing but slightly decreasing month after month, and you can only keep on thinking pvp will eventually pay off for so long. I know a lot of people that are for a pvp only game seen this as a move that was needed to increase player retention and bring in those alienated players who liked the game but left because of it being FFA full loot. When the game first released it had a good amount of players but due to server issues and other things it gradually died down a lot, a lot of things have been addressed and issues resolved but pvp was one of the major reasons players did leave as well. I've been seeing a few of those old names coming back in the game and enjoying what they wanted from the start, we also have more people playing now than the pvp server had alone. This is great from a business stand point as it shows there is a interest in a pve only server as boring as you all may think it is.

I liked the ever present danger of being killed by another player but a lot of people don't and didn't. I think this is a good move in the right direction for the game and not only the pve crowd who want to play in complete safety from FFA full loot but in due time it will benefit us pvp players as well with a ever increasing player-base. This equates to increased revenue and more people being brought in to work on the game than Jordi alone. We get more updates and content which is what we all are really after and keep expressing in multiple threads it seems. Give it some time.

We should add flying mounts, and new races. I know people like those also.

Patience

the new races is arrieved --->Whorlokaner
    and...
    "PATIENCE YOUNG PADAWANS" Pvp is coming with ranged combat and resolved of the SYNC Problem!..IT NEEDS TIME as a good wine ..

Well guide, Lets hope you're right and people didn't just flock to it because they thought the world would have been reset for pve therefore able to start in a fresh new land. You cant really say it's a success with out the test of time, pvp was a success at first as well. I know there are some dedicated players who have and will remain ... but lets see how the general public does.

As I've said before, people who left did so because the game became boring .... not really so much because of pvp. Like I said, there really wasn't that much going on, as it is broken.

But I honestly hope it does succeed.

Xsyon Citizen
    Would not be ny different then revs, "
    Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land
    ".

I don't know about you guys, but I really like this game. It's got many of the options available that certain other sandboxes have provided over the last decade, and many new options on the horizon. We need to remember that this is a small development team, and there is a LOT of work that goes in to deploying these concepts. I see nothing but good coming for Xsyon, but we need to have patience for these things.

I suggest rather than QQ threads denouncing the faults of this work in progress, we continue writing suggestions... but not just poorly written run on sentence paragraphs that nobody can read because there was no proof reading involed in the hole commentari for making the suggestion and such.

That was horribly written, and I apologize. Only partially, as I wanted to make a point. If you've got a suggestion, something you'd like to see out of this game, try elaborating on your suggestions. Write them up with suggested methods of implementation, and remember that this is a custom game engine, and the sky is the limit... but a limiting factor is the manpower involved.
    I look forward to observing, experiencing, and getting to see this game's progress over the coming years.
    Remember, some games take a decade to develop. Xsyon has had three.

Another thought, I'd love to see optional PVP on the PvE server... rather than waking up to a potentially dismantled settlement (which is the major negative factor in games such as this...) I'd like to be able to pick and choose my fights.