Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad to see...

Sad to see...

I know I will step on many toes here but I think the decision to add a pure pve server was unlucky. In one big sweep it killed off the pvp server (well, I could be wrong but so far no luck in meeting anyone on that server). Did they all go to the pve-server then? All we can do is to hope they did. In a worst case scenario they quit.

In the long run I think some people playing on the pve server will grow restless by the constraints put on them. Right now people won't notice because they are all busy sewing new blue jeans and raising the same tents their neighbour have. Once that goody-goody feeling settles and the realisation comes over them that this is it - it will lead to frustration. (this is where the crowd goes "booo, you are all wrong") Arguments about how many things there are to do will be raised in objection to the last statement. Questions like, ohhh, there are so many things to build and in so many ways. Cloth to be had, fabricated and sewn into clothes. Leather to ... well do leathery things with and such. But... it all boils down to the question - What for?

With Pvp gone (I was really no fan of it at all, but accepted it) even the slight thrill of meeting new people is gone. I used to think "Is that dude with those aweful gymshoes and his fishing pole gonna try to smack me, or is it a new friend"? The element of surprise and danger is gone.

I wrote a lengthy post about things I would like to see in Xsyon in the future. When I read it again I realise it was all about one thing, really. Give me a reason to struggle and survive. Add elements into the game that force players to join up together in order to survive. Let nature wreak havoc. Let fires burn down villages (oh my god how wonderful that would be) and let storms lay waste to forests. Let the mist move around and cover new areas. In short - let there be danger. And while doing so - let things like clothes, building materials, armor/weapons matter.

To me it seems Xsyon has gone a way I really wasn't expecting it to head. I was hoping for more of a survival game whereas it now plunges itself into a building and tailoring simulator. If I want to build a large ass tower or a chineese wall (for even no reason at all since you are never in any danger) I will do that in Lego(tm) or Minecraft not Xsyon.

I keep myself updated about the game and logon every now and then in hope to see changes that bring Xsyon closer to the right path - my path hehe. For those of you who are happy with the Child-Proof world as it is - good luck and have fun (watch out where you put that needle...) . Ill be back when I can die of hunger, thirst, scorching my ass on the camp fire or in any other number of insane ways have my ass handed to me.

Xsyon said long ago that the game will change based off what the player base wants and if they want it 100% safe from other players then I except that.With that being said im moving on to another game because pvp has been ignored for 3 years and I dont see that changing anytime soon.In fact I seeing it being even more ignored then it already has and there wont be anything to draw any pvp mined people to that server leaving the pvp server DEAD!

Im not even a pvp person im a crafter but I love the aspect of danger.This game is headed down a road I dident sign up for 3 years ago.I was on the pve server this morning and already seen all the talk about the pve server needs this and that.So yeah no thanks im not going to fight over what each server needs and what servers he should be adding stuff in.But I wish Xsyon the best of luck.

It has been my experience playing sandbox MMO's that the PVE crowd typically holds up the game financially. There are many, many, many more people who enjoy PVE over PVP - sometimes by as much as 75% but more typically 2/3. So it makes sense from an economic perspective that Xsyon would open a PVE server in order to increase the player-base sufficiently to make the whole game viable for the company.

Here is something else to think about. Games that are of the hardcore full-loot, perma-death, open world PVP types tend to only hold very small populations of players. When you throw in the sandbox element, a game simply cannot flourish with ONLY PVP. These are just my opinions, of course.

As for Xsyon turning into a "building and tailoring" game - it has been that from the start. So I think your predictions about PVE restlesness is just not correct. I think Xsyon will grow 4x because of this decision. If they had created a clean map where all items, skills, and everything were pristine and new - I would not be surprised to have seen an 8-10 fold increase in players. People love to start things fresh.

Just my 2c worth.

Xsyon Citizen
    I belive as well that if Xsyon added cleen server more people would join in, it is not too late to add cleen pve server yet.
    And I agree with you Eyesgood 100%.

I agree with Azzym. There is no threat. I didn't think there was much threat before on pvp server, but it made me keep my eyes open... I've never been ganked in xsyon and I always get ganked...

Good Post!!
    Last edited by Wilson423; 03-18-2014 at 05:25 PM.

No threat i am getting killed buy all sorts of animals everyday since the new server opened up. Sure there will need to be more content for the PvE server but it is clear that what he was doing was not working something had to change.

Yea, animals are insanely high and staying high, you all talk about survival, go scav by the mist or med zones, Youll find life difficult hehe. Only easy living areas atm is by the lake as it should be. So if u want that hardcore survival feeling, head to the mist, i promise ya, ull be on ur toes 24/7. Since the server opened up, trading has been booming, people are going to all corners of the map to see trade totems and simply trade. seen a fair bit of new faces and some older returnees. So in my opinion the pve server was a great idea, as statistics show Pve populations are always 40-75% higher then that of pvp, because pvp kills off its enemys to a point they simply stop playing. Where as pve, works together and tends to do more group related things and ofc crap ton of crafting. But the game is wat you make of it, so if ur not having fun, then its not for ya. Xsyon wont cater to everyone :-)

This happened in UO when Trammel hit, the PVP folks complained, mainly due to the lack of easy pickings in the PVE folks that left.

Truth is, as has been stated, more people like PVE than do PVP, so this change makes sense to me.

There are many ways a PVE server can be made interesting and challenging, that don't involve random murder, now the servers have been split, we can hope to see some of these things in the near future.

And as fatboy said, if you want a little more danger, head to the areas further out, it's way more fun in the wilds

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    This happened in UO when Trammel hit, the PVP folks complained, mainly due to the lack of easy pickings in the PVE folks that left.

Truth is, as has been stated, more people like PVE than do PVP, so this change makes sense to me.

There are many ways a PVE server can be made interesting and challenging, that don't involve random murder, now the servers have been split, we can hope to see some of these things in the near future.

And as fatboy said, if you want a little more danger, head to the areas further out, it's way more fun in the wilds
    I agree most people do love PVE.

But if you do not give PVE players PVE content, they will leave just as did the PVPers did without PVP content or support. I hope he does do something to support one or the other or both. But we will see, I really hope that PVEers can support this game for more work to be done on it. I wish you guys luck, I will be waiting for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree most people do love PVE.

But if you do not give PVE players PVE content, they will leave just as did the PVPers did without PVP content or support. I hope he does do something to support one or the other or both. But we will see, I really hope that PVEers can support this game for more work to be done on it. I wish you guys luck, I will be waiting for that day.
    I agree 100%. If PVE is going to succeed, there has to be more content. All the building options are great but what good is an empty building? Where are the tables and chairs, beds, fireplaces, rugs, stoves, lighting fixtures, ceramic and metal plates forks spoons, cooking, farming, and their corresponding tools, all the elements required to make an immersive world enjoyable? Not only does the crafting of these serve to enhance the game but it also serves to strengthen the game economy which again strengthens the community. If these are implemented, Xsyon will become a true immersive world. If it is, then more players will be attracted to Xsyon and existing PvE players will stay and/or keep their accounts active so their tribes will be there whenever they want to play. I think some thought should be given to this if the game is to succeed. Just my 2 cents on the subject