Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Armor does decay now. The hit location is determined when you are attacked and the damage is assigned to that area/ armor part. Armor decay per piece is at a decent rate so it takes a while to see the item change from pristine to excellent. IMO weapon decay is too fast. Kill a couple of animals and skin them and you weapon drops by one category. With the amount of effort it takes to grind up, scavenge parts and assemble them the rate seems way too fast.
    Last edited by wastelandstoic; 03-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Well the whole skill decay thing has got me second guessing the concept of the game anyway. I would hate to grind up my skills only to lose them for not keeping them going. I don't think the casual pve players are going to want that system in the game. I am not sure on how fast it occurs but still any rate at all seems bad to me.

I guess i need to give it a go but it is not looking good so far for me anyway.

I just want to correct fatboy on armor stats;

Hat, shirt, pants and chest have double the stats compared to gloves, boots, bracers etc. If I craft a full supreme 112/113 master leather set with premium dog leather (0.75), they come out approx. +2.30/+1.15 (hat or boot). 15 Pieces - 4 of them being double - equals 19 parts of 1.15 = +21.8 fortitude. If I used premium mutant mule deer (1.00), they'd come out +3.08/+1.53 = +29.1 fortitude.
    So, someone able to get +2.00 on a hat/shirt/pants/chest would be able to make a +19.0 stat set, not a +30. I have a loose theory that the maximum main stat possible is +3.75/+1.87 (full supreme mutant materials, 100 skill and enough stats to create a supreme 125). If true, the best armor would give +35.6 stat.

As for armor wearing out, I have only tried breaking armor when hitting my alt for half an hour for combat skills. The condition of your armor and weapons deteriorated the damage done (for weapons) and protection (from armor), from pristine (100%) down to Broken (50%) - if armor happens to break at 50% like weapons does.
    There's no way to repair or improve armor. What ya got is what ya get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Well the whole skill decay thing has got me second guessing the concept of the game anyway. I would hate to grind up my skills only to lose them for not keeping them going. I don't think the casual pve players are going to want that system in the game. I am not sure on how fast it occurs but still any rate at all seems bad to me.

I guess i need to give it a go but it is not looking good so far for me anyway.
    I don't think you understand how decay works. You do not decay just because you don't play, it has nothing to do with play amount it has only to do with skilling up. So if you train every skill in a pool up, you will be fighting decay many times. If you just train 1 up, you will not have decay, not even 2 skills. I've found you can train ALL the skills to 30 in a pool with 0 decay.

Time has NO effect on skill decay whatsoever.

About armor/weapon decay. I think weapon decay is about right, feels fast but got to give something for crafters to do. Top hunters will likely buy new weapons once the old one drops 1 condition or so.
    Armor lasts way to long, I think mostly because of the random hit box but still its a very very long time, giving armor crafters much less to do than a weapon crafter. Armor crafters sure will be busy to make someone's first set, but after that it will likely be months before making that person another set. While weapons are going to be much higher demand over the long haul, and I think a good level of demand right where it's at, it will be better to for weapon crafters once he added the new weapon content.

Okay i think i am startling to learn how things work.

Now more about the skills/decay system how does that all work? Is there some post about how it all works someplace? All the wiki does is list the skills not tell how the system works. There are the +,- and something about you can not lock more then two skills in a section message.

Edit: Okay i found something on it now on the wiki but if anyone has anything to add that might be useful on knowing the skill system feel free..
    http://www.xsyon.com/wiki/index.php/Skill_Panel
    Last edited by Kegan; 03-20-2014 at 08:46 AM.